Bintang 5 - Rumors? Another badminton gym in Milpitas?

Discussion in 'Bintang Badminton Academy' started by Smashdude2008, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Smashdude2008

Smashdude2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    :confused:
    As I said in the title, I heard a rumor that I almost can not believe my ears.

Bintang is working on Bintang 5 in Milpitas with 25 courts??

Did anyone else hear this rumor?:confused:

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    how reliable is this rumor? there is nothing in the planning commission schedule about it yet.

is this rumor from Stella/Phu, or from a friend's friend's friend's aunty who heard it from some other aunty? ;)

3. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    I do hear a rumor of having yet another badminton gym in (or very close to) Milpitas, but it has nothing to do with Bintang. If the two rumors are in fact referring to two different gyms, well, what can I say? :rolleyes:

4. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    SO many new gyms opening up. Soon they will no longer be profitable enough to stay afloat. Time to explore other regions ::wink wink:: like maybe where I live!

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Although Milpitas is a very good location but to have 2 facilities in this small city seem unrealistic, after all Bintang Sunnyvale is only 15 minutes away from BBC3 and CBA of Fremont is about 10 minutes away from BBC3. However, I heard the rivalry between clubs are heating up so it's not totally out of the question to fight for territory, just hope these clubs can make money and stay healthy.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i brought up this idea a while back when Bintang opened up a club north of the Bay area. I was thinking since your region lacks any FT baddy club, maybe one of the bigger clubs could open a club somewhere in the (Northern side of SF Bay area) Sacramento-Davis area, and with literally zero competitions.
    Eventhough there might not be a lot of badminton enthusiasts in that region. Maybe open a mid-size club with no more than 10-12 courts or less??..
    ..i thought the more competitions there are, the cheaper the prices would be??..or i was thinking, maybe all of the clubs in that area should pool-up and make 1 big entity so everyone will have equal access to all the clubs for the same price. And each club will share the same amt of profit...you know, just like the philosophy of the current U.S. govt...:p:confused:;)

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    did you ever consider suggesting that to say, google, microsoft, apple, etc. see what they say? in other words, i don't think that will ever happen.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^of course it won't happen..^^

:p..everything is business..although, i was thinking w/more clubs available, there would be a price competition (demand-supply)..

9. Smashdude2008

Smashdude2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    The source is as reliable as it gets :)
    The contact of the building is signed and they are waiting for approval from the city.
    It will be closer to the city hall.
    Come on, Milpitas, approves it :p

10. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    $5 at lunch time and $7 in the evening to me is very cheap already. Of course I don't mind paying even less. I have a Japanese friend who just went back to Japan 2 years ago. She told me that she only needs to pay about US$1 to play and they provide shuttles. I'm waiting for that day to come. :)

#10 Qidong, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  11. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    If you only play at lunch time once a week, it may be very cheap. It'd cost you only $260/year. But for those who play at lunch time and in the evening, they'd spend $12/day, or $18270/year! Now would you consider that a lot?:eek:..(of course, one can still argue that this is cheap, w.r.t. the value one can get):D

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

off topic-..

..i'm a bit surprised it only costs that much to play in Japan & they provide shuttles, too. I would understand it if it was in, say, Indonesia or M'sia.
    I wonder how's the quality of the courts/hall in Japan, though?? Do they use Yonex/actual badminton mats? type of flooring underneath? how many hrs is the place open?..

13. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Well, if someone plays more than twice a week, he should join the membership. :) I am paying 375 a year because we found 10 or more people join together.

14. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

That's what she told me last year when she came back on vacation. I will ask her again next time when she comes or any BCers from Japan can confirm. But from what I see, Smash City is gone, GGBC is looking for buyers, Bintang and BBC now are picking up the best coaches from GGBC and Smash, look like Bintang and BBC are becoming the 2 dominated club here. Could one of them become the next Microsoft as in software business?

15. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Yes, Absolutely... I don't know why I posted my last comment. Perhaps around 10:43 a.m. was still too early for me. :p

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

off topic-..

..you're paying $375/year??..in that case, if you literally go and play everyday, you'll only pay just over a buck to play, too; so, it's as cheap as playing in Japan..although i'm not sure if you're fond of visiting & playing every single, 365 days..;)

17. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

I just heard about this from my friend. He says his dad works for the city. I think it's 23 courts though and not 25. But this sounds legit. So, this is going to be interesting for the City of Milpitas.

18. shreky

shreky Regular Member

can your friend's dad help me with a couple of parking tickets?? ;)

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nothing on Bintang5 in the latest City of Milpitas Planning Commission agenda. maybe the next one. your friend's dad need to push these cases through quicker!

20. monto

monto Regular Member

Holy smokes, whether it's 23 or 25, great news either way