Buying a second racket in case my LN N50 string breaks

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by laivc, Mar 29, 2010.

1. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Dear all, I'm just about save enough to buy a new racket (any) available in the market (less the collector edition N90 II Classic). Which racket would you recommend me to buy as my backup racket out of the followings- YY Arcsaber Z, YY NS9900, LN N50 II, LN N90 II or LN70?

Currently, I'm very happy with my N50, strung with NBG98 @ 28lbs, and I play mainly double games. The N50 has improved my defensive game by a long mile and it is also very fast for driving flat shots at the front court, plus it has quite some power for backcourt smashes. However, at times, I need a more powerful racket that give me more raw power at the expense of defence when at the backcourt as I do most of my team's smashings. Thanks.

2. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    I would say N50-II, it has more power and is overall a better doubles racket than N50, but N70 also works very well =)

3. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Thanks Flexsis, I have now narrowed down my choice to N50 II, N70 and YY AS Z. Still need more feedbacks from you guys as to which racket is more suitable for aggressive double games, especially for the person at the back doing the power smashings, but with decent defence capability.

4. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    I would personally say, getting the same racket is the best option, but if you want to try out a different racket and it is for doubles, I don't think Z Slash would be any good, N50-II is a even-balanced yet heavy overall racket for easy defense, but still have lot's of power. N70 I think is just a head heavy racket =)

5. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Thanks Flexsis, I just bought a new N50-II today, will be picking it up tonight for testing.

6. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    No problem =), let me know how it feels

7. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Just had a great night yesterday smashing my new N50-II, the feel is slightly heavier than the N50 but they shared the same balancing point at about 28.5cm. I strung the new N50-II with LN new Accupower62 string @ 26lbs, which is a new product at 0.62mm thin and the feeling for smashing is really great. Maybe I haven't get used to the new racket+string, my drop and net control is still left to be desired. I hope with more practice time, I can overcome these issue. Overall, the N50-II feels solid when hitting the shuttle (same for N50) but it pack more punch for smashing due to its slightly heavier mass.