BWF Ranking - Member ID

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by wuldup, Mar 29, 2010.

1. wuldup

wuldup Regular Member

Sunway Student
    I can't find any article regarding Professional player's BWF ID.

Every pro-players have their own Member ID number, for instance, Chong Wei member ID is 50152 and Peter Gade is 6926.

I am just wondering if pro-players are registered in sequence. If so, Peter is the oldest registered player in BWF ranking.

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    its just a random ID number that is given to you when you become part of the IBF by playing international tournaments. cause mine is 5 long but almost half that of taufiks ID number which wouldnt work if it was given out in sequence.

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

How do you get one of these numbers, do you have to write to the BWF before they give you one ? Do you need these numbers before entering tournaments,
    Smash master, can you explain please, I may be entering international events within the next 12 months:D

4. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    international?
    are you part of the national circuit yet ld rules?

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

sorry should have explained that better, basically, what i plan to do, is enter a tournament in November, which is called international event. I think i have to give it a miss this year anyway, but, for next year i will need to know how to get one of these numbers.
    Regarding, the national circuit, i think i am on the national junior circuit, but not the senior one, i have a few junior events left for this season, and then a whole summer to train, and assess what to do from there, obviously playing more tournaments south of the border will help, but that will be for next year.
    Any chance you can give me more info about tournaments in england, that are of a high standard ? Thanks
    like i said though, i have played a few tournaments on the national junior circuit, not the adult one yet.

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

its labeled as international, but a lot of the junior players get special dispensation to play, in the qualification round, its good experience ! Even if i lose 21-0 21-0 that said, 2011 i think will be the year i do that tournament, still too young probaly.

7. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    you first have to get affiliated. this can be done either from a club or individually. Then on the badminton england website will list a different set of different levels of play. elite, challenger, satellite, orbitals and bonanzas. All except bonanzas will achieve you national ranking points.
    The website should provide you with the necessary information

8. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    you get a BWF number when you play your 1st international tournament and then that number will stick with you while you continue to compete internationally. if you play an international tournament outside your country then your countrys national association needs to sign you up, however if there happens to be one within your country usually just being in good standing with your countrys badminton association (being part of your association, not necessarly on the national team) will allow you to sign up for it by yourself. hope that helps you.