problem with taiwan racquets?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by gamepurpose, Mar 29, 2010.

1. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    I was able to get one of my friend buy me an armortec 700 limited edition in Vietnam.

Well, first it was heavy, I guess because compare to my old one that made in US or at least serial # in US.
    Or maybe the one in us was late generation, so it was 4u.

2nd The shaft from the taiwan was alittle bit flexible, consider as stiff is not quite there yet.

3rd, when I strung the taiwan racquet with 30 lb, the string actually CUT in the frame, :confused:. Wonder is it the material or I don't know.

Have anyone else have this problem?

I actually still have 1 more racquet from taiwan to test. Wonder if my friend let me test his =)

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    First thing, is it the genuine article? Depending on the batch, it may different but more information is needed.

As for the weight, yes the 3U of the AT700 will definately feel heavier than the 4U. They will feel and play slightly different.

3. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

please state the shaft number and cone number ....

I suspect yours is counterfeit.

4. Random-person1

Random-person1 New Member

Student
    I remember seeing some posts on this forum saying that recent Armortecs were more "fragile", and couldn't take consistent high tensions like 30 lbs.

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I think this is more of an "Armortec" problem rather than a "Taiwan" problem. I think we should try and determine whether the racket is genuine as Matt said.