I need help

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Gujju_Boii, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Gujju_Boii

Gujju_Boii New Member

Student / Tutor
    ok so im like 15 years old and i m pretty comfy playing with my right hand but the problem is my coach(high school team) told me that i got the raw power and pure smash coming from my left hand. and lately i've been finding it really hard to switch hands while in the game just to smash so the question is should i just keep on playing with my right hand and hope my smashes get better or should i switch to playing with my left hand for good?

2. Gujju_Boii

Gujju_Boii New Member

Student / Tutor
    and also im kno im never gonna be a pro or anything close i juss want advice on how to get through 2 more high school badminton seasons and a lil university badminton

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Are you left or right hand dominant?

ie. which hand do you use most to do things eg. brush teeth, press buttons, etc

Whichever hand it is, you should be using that hand for badminton.

4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    have you been using both your hands to play all along?

5. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    my friend had this problem he had all the control in his left hand and all the power in his right. after 2 years of using boths hands, switching hands depending on where the shuttle was. county said they wouldn't teach him anymore if he continued to use both therefore he decided to use his left, 2 years down the line his smash, clea, drive are all about twice the power of his right. power more comes from timing then strength so if you just get yourtiming right the power will soon follow. as the game gets faster and the people you play against get better you will see that you don't have enough time to change hands and your dominant hand will take over.

6. Gujju_Boii

Gujju_Boii New Member

Student / Tutor
    i think my dominant hand is right buh for some reason i sports like cricket and baseball my left hand is way better in the throw and the technique... thts y im really confused on what to do

7. Gujju_Boii

Gujju_Boii New Member

Student / Tutor
    i think my dominant hand is right buh for some reason in sports like cricket and baseball my left hand is way better in the throw and the technique... thts y im really confused on what to do

8. Gujju_Boii

Gujju_Boii New Member

Student / Tutor
    most of the times i switch to smash and sometimes i switch cuz my i kno my right backhand wont be powerful enough to send the birdie to the back of the other person's court.