playing above my ability. need help.

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by charliebadders, Mar 30, 2010.

1. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    hey guys, need some help me and my partner are playing 3 divisions up next week for our A team, last time i played for them they said i was amazing and that next season they are putting me up however last time i was playing with a A team player and this time i have my normal partner. the problem is the change in ability of the leagues, at the moment my partner just hits it high and just defends all their smashes because most of them are really weak and we just wait for a bad smash and pounce. however, division 1 players are goin to be able to smash like a rocket and this is his only game plan, when he trys to play a low fast game he always hits it out and makes loads of mistakes. also, when i am attacking he goes a bit it front of the service line and i fear that the div 1 players are goin to be able to push/ drive the shuttle into the empty space, unlike div 4 who just hit a high one to the net where my partner smashes down. what can we do? thanks in advance, the game is on the 8th so hopes things go well and then next season i could be in the top league for my area:p

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Hey mate, I feel your pain lol. You might need to talk to your partner about a game plan

I wud also try and play few games with him and give him instruction when ur playing with him. Before your next practice match, tell him bout standing back a bit when hes at the front, tell him bout hitting it down as often as possible and c how practice goes.

Unfortunately your only as strong as ur weakest link. U cant worry too much bout him on the day. You just play ur best and help him as much as you can.

But def have a good team talk with him. If he knows ur better player than him, he will def take the advice on board. Its like an unspoken rule that ul listen to the better player :D

3. charliebadders

charliebadders Regular Member

student
    yeah hope he rises to the challege :p i'll try and play with him sunday before the game and get our positioning better, i'll also try and play some hard games against some division 1 players that play in my social club. thankfully we are playing a team which is near the bottom of division 1 :p so we shouldn't get completely stuffed lol atleast this will be a good test for next season because the B team( my team) have just been promoted so there will be a tougher challege ahead :)