Returning a deep serve

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Many Ch0icez, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Many Ch0icez

Many Ch0icez Regular Member

Student
    :cool:Hi guys Many Ch0icez here again . Sorry ahah for so many thread's. But this is crucial. As some maybe already aware I'm arguing between an arcsaber for 300$ or a nanospeed 9900 for 300$/ I heard the 9900 should relatively be more but i'mlucky i'm getting it reduced. See I have this problem and repeating question in my head whenever I play. How will I return the deep serve. I usually jump smash it down but I don't know if the racket will affect my smash both strung at 24 lbs bg - 80. See I am only 14 and I 'm getting lessons soon. Should I stick with the 9900 or the Arcsaber 10. I play like a deceptionist. And when I see the oppotunity I strike it with force :D Any opinions on how the racket should affect me on my smashes / return / manoevurability (whatever) / and how do you guys return your deep serves?
    My playing level is serious/intermediate

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

14 y.o. "jump smashing" down deep serves before even taking lessons ;) I don't know what you would need a 9900 for. ArcSaber 7 or 5 sounds more appropriate ... or ArcSaber 100 (the limited edition but very overpriced ArcSaber 7 in disguise)

Here is where you need to be anyways: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95

#2 demolidor, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  3. Many Ch0icez

Student
    You bet ya. I don't smash standing. I find it harder then jumping buddy ;) But ya. Which racket would be better for singles? and my play style (deceptionist)

4. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Once you are at that level, you won't even care which racket you are using.

5. lovegas

lovegas Regular Member

interior consultant
    IM humble opinion, I think at your age, it is better for you to forget about those top of the range rackets. You should be looking to get 2 rackets with one to spare just incase of stringbreak and save some money for a good pair of shoes.

6. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    If you absolutely need to choose from those two rackets for singles, I would suggest the ARC10. Its more balanced and would be more suitable for singles. The NS9900 is a quicker racket that would be better suited for the speed in doubles play. The Armortec 900T, 900P or the 700 would also be a good choice for singles as well.

7. Many Ch0icez

Student
    I already have shoes and a spare Power Channel 20 racket. I need a main racket . Yonex shoes btw but yeah I agree. I've also been saving up for lessons by a pretty good coach like we'll be 6 in a class. Pretty neat stuff. But lovegas . I've heard this plenty of times. But i'm serious with my badminton. If i get this racket I won't be buying any other racket for a couple of years. I'e had my pc -20 for like 4-5 years ;)

8. Many Ch0icez

Student
    Yea but Ryim I always misshit with my pc-20 Which I believe is even balance. If i go with a head heavy I'll just end up tearing up my strings after strings from always misshit. ?? What do I do. Because I find my arc 10 price at my local sotre is way over priced. 315$ for a arc 10. And 280 for a 9900? Id rather go with the 9900 don't u think?

9. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I believe that its down to the player, not the racket. Once you get used to it, the balance of the racket in my opinion would not make the player mishit more. Its your timing that matters.

The NS9900 is more of an extreme in my opinion...extra stiff and really headlight. It will take more technique to use it well and like I said before, its more suited for the doubles game and I don't see many pros on tour who use a headlight rackets for singles.

#9 ryim_, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  10. hunterkillerz

hunterkillerz Regular Member

Student
    yea.. $300 for those racquets IS overpriced. whereabouts are u in canada?

11. Many Ch0icez

Student
    Quebec >.> Lame place. But Ryim your totally right. I just hate diciding between two rackets this good. Especially since I have to decide before 10:20am tomorow (

12. Many Ch0icez

Student
    ET time. And i have a tournament that day :S. Im playing doubles tomorow so I'll just give the ns 9900 a try ;). If it isn't my racket well I woulda spent 300$ of lawn moeing away haha xD .

13. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

Since you are getting a coach, you should hold the purchase until then.
    Your coach should be able to advise you which racket to buy.

14. Enig.Ma

Enig.Ma Regular Member

Get the Arc10, you will find that it will be easier to use and generate power with it. I had both, but swapped the ns9900 for an arc-10.

15. OliverHH

OliverHH Regular Member

Student
    Buying a racket the day before a tournament is not a very good idea imo.
    Even worse idea since you say your currently racket is even balanced, and you want to buy a headlight... You wont get the timing right until after a few practices with the new racket..

I would also suggest holding the buy and let the coach help.

16. Many Ch0icez

Student
    Yo I got a private coach when I bought my rakcket (ns9900) Best racquet ever imo ;) . Wasn't hard getting ued to . lethargic smashes and power with bg-80

17. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    i think i found your problem with your current racket:

BK rackets tend to be more oval shaped so that could be a reason for your mishits. SO with something that has an isometric head, you wont need to worry so much.

If you insist on getting a racket, get the ARC10. It is more user friendly than the NS9900 and is also more singles oriented. As for racket to performance ratio..lets just say the "the racket is only as good as the person".

18. Many Ch0icez

Student
    Thats true but many articles suggest that the racket "brings" out the potential of the play. All we can say is it helps a bit ^.^. But yeah I already amde my choice I love the ns9900 for doubles and singles. My smashes were wow compared to what I thought they were going to be like with a head light. I recommend this racket with b-80 for anyone . No effort required when hitting bewst racket imo ;)

19. Carbonlist

Carbonlist Regular Member

Student
    buddy, save some money and buy it from sohubuy.com. I didn't know the prices were THAT much better until I tried. =)