Hi Everyone!!!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Lin-Dunn, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Lin-Dunn

Lin-Dunn Regular Member

Loan Officer
    I realized I posted this in the wrong area before and apologize, im an idiot lol. Hi everyone my name is Lin-Dunn, I want to be the first African American pro badminton player. I currently life in Phiilly but will be moving to California to become a Chemical-Enigineer at San Diego State or UCLA. I am currently looking for a coach, housing, clubs etc. My email is ilindunn@yahoo.com feel free to talk anytime!

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCDF, Lin-Dunn!:)..You gotta be serious! I think the correct username for you, since Lin Dan will be retiring in a couple or so yrs, should be Lin Done!..
    Anyway, keep visiting us, hope you'll get acclimated to California & have fun in here!;):cool:

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

A chemical engineer? Impressive!:cool:
    It just goes to show that badminton is a Thinking Man's game.:)

Best of luck on your endeavors. By the sounds of your ambition we should all be asking for your autograph now!;)

4. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    nice you're moving to cali :] how long have you been playing?

5. Lin-Dunn

Lin-Dunn Regular Member

Loan Officer
    LOL at the Lin-Done comment haha. But I will be moving early August. I really should move earlier because nationals is in July if im correct. But yea im thinking of switching my major, chemical engineering might keep me away from my Badminton goal! Its crazy I started when I was 16, and have dedicated myself to this sport. With the help of the many coaches around me I have been able to make up for lost time! Hopefully Cali will be a stepping tone for my goal! And autographs are free hhaha!!

6. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

There's actually a very good African American badminton player already in California. He plays most of the major tournaments. You'll most likely come across him when you come here.

7. Lin-Dunn

Lin-Dunn Regular Member

Loan Officer
    I'm excited! Maybe we can become a doubles team lmao! But yea, im pumped for Cali!!

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Hmmm, a young guy from Philadelphia packing-up and moving to California to make it big. You're not this guy are you??;)

Attached Files:

9. Lin-Dunn

Lin-Dunn Regular Member

Loan Officer
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You literally just made my day! Thank you!

10. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

How'd you get into badminton anyways?

11. Lin-Dunn

Lin-Dunn Regular Member

Loan Officer
    I started playing at my High School and I was like a natural for it, everything felt right(hard to say). Then I asked my mom to find a local gym where badminton was played at so I could continue playing. I found a gym near my apartment and continued to play there where I met my teamate and coach and started working from there! I then decided to run cross country/track to cross train for badminton because I really thought I could be a pro at it someday. I then started attending Tournaments and have really only played doubles, but I played one tourney completely un- trained and was getting compliments from well known players on my skill for only playing a year, and thought I could actually do something with the sport! So here I am today about a year later still training my butt off and looking for a coach(prob one u recommended in my previous thread, Thanks!!) and plan on heading to the top and wont stop till I get there!

12. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

That sounds like a nice goal. What flight did you play at the tournament? Maybe you'd like to enter Jr. Nationals this summer to experience the level of play for your particular age.

13. Speedo

Speedo Regular Member

woh ! pro man. ur great

14. Lin-Dunn

Lin-Dunn Regular Member

Loan Officer
    So far I haven't played in anything but B's(mostly doubles), but I think I could handle A's for singles.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..the U.S. Senior Nationals will be held this coming weekend. This yr's U.S. Junior Nationals will be held @ the end of June, but up in the Bay area (@ BBC). The one in July is usually the U.S. Open. If you do come for the U.S. Open, I'd love to meet up with you if you come earlier to SoCal. It's cool to have a brotha in da house swingin' da rackets!..:cool:

16. Lin-Dunn

Lin-Dunn Regular Member

Loan Officer
    Haha Oh definitely! You have a facebook il let you know before hand when i come down! Do you live by there or play around there?