User Tag List

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for ppl in hong kong looking for decent grips at a reasonable price, they sell very good stuff at the store at the shatin sports academy (where the HK team trains)

the one i like is a black hi-qua replacement grip which is thick (which i like, i stuck two on one racket) tacky which i like and quite soft which i like. It is not v.longlasting but they only cost 9 or 10 dollars HK (7 for me, i havea special card)
    so you can get 5 or 6 for the price of 1 yonex replacement grip.

btw there is also a grey version with ratheramusing shuttlecock patterns on and ismore durable but less soft and tacky

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't find Yonex Super GRAP anywhere on sale, so I switched to HEAD Pro Grip... it's a cheap and thin PU overgrip. Recently bought two packages (3 rolls in one pack) for $6 each at Sport Mart. Only problem is... it shifts very easily, so now I increased overlapping from 1/5th to 2/5th with enough length left to wrap the cap as well.

Present Grip Configuration: Racquet handle wrapped with electric tape followed by a few overwraps of masking tape (only at the end of the handle to enlarge the butt) and one HEAD Pro grip overgrip.
    Last edited by cappy75; 12-11-2003 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karakal PU Super Grip

They are world's number 1 PU Super Grip!! They seem to last longer than the other kinds I've used over the years. Best price for the quality at $7 CDN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Which is the better grip?

Originally posted by Sgt_Strider
    Karakal Airflow Plus Grip or Karakal Kushy Grip?
    The Kushy Grip is really thick compared to Airlfow, but if you like cushion...then go with Kushy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe in their search for the ultimate grip, many players drastically change the balance point of the racquet without realizing it. I have been stringing racquets that are G5 (circumference 80mm) but wrapped with grip that is closer to G2 (circumference 95mm) or even G1. I have seen AT700 that have their balance changed from head-heavy to handle-heavy. The balance point for the AT700 is somewhere near the '7', but some of them have been shifted by 12mm! It is no wonder they blame the racquet, especially the AT700.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

usually i use towel grip. Yesterday i tried Prince Overgrip called microzorb. Its tacky and stik to your hand. Even if you sweat. No worries if your racket will fly away. I think this grip is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jeez... long thread LOL

Heheh...

this is a very personal thing, and I'm sure if you've read the comments by your fellow badminton players, they all use different types of techniques for gripping...

Mine is more of a process...

I've noticed with the change in grip sizes, for Yonex grips, that I now purchase racquets for personal use, with only a G3 grip size.

After I get each racquet, I then use one of 2 types of grip, but very very similar textures...
    They are Yonex's super grap, or Gosen's anna Kournikova special.

Essentially it's the same type of material, but I notice the Anna's special, being somewhat "fresher" from the package... this perception may simply be due to the fact that the grips I have purchased, were packaged individually. I believe that the Yonex super grap line, that is packaged individually will have the same type of "freshness" LOL
    Anyways...

I wrap the single layer of grap/ak over top of the original grip of the racquet.
    Next, I apply roughly about 20-30cm length of hockey tape to the butt end of the racquet.
    just to make it hardened.
    If I do not have hockey tape, I will cut up any old grip into a strip, and wrap it around the butt end.
    I prefer hockey tape, just for the fact it's cheap, and it's super sticky.

The reason I do this, is to give me more leverage on the end of my racquet, when I am squeezing my fingers, during pronation of the swing...

Just make sure if you're going to do something similar... make sure to squeeze down the layer of hockey tape to make sure it is solid. Also make sure that the layer of hockey tape is not too wide, otherwise you will really have a fat bottomed racquet, and throw off the balance.

Next, I will wrap an additional layer of grap, or anna's over top of the hockey tape, and first layer of grap, this time, though, I ensure I stretch the grap further, and wrap it up around the cone of the racquet, then I use a little bit of electrical tape to finish off the top of the grip... I find that the adhesive tape that generally comes with grips, doesn't quite do it's job.

So basically I use 2 layers of grap/or anna's, and some hockey tape for my gripping needs LOL
    I have experimented with other grips, such as prince's line, and found them to be very nice as well...
    This is assuming your hands do not sweat like Don's or Cheungs

For those of you with super sweaty hands... i recommend either a towel grip, or something with a fuzzy texture...
    If you're on a budget, victor, and fleet, have some awesome products similar to the major brand labels that should suit your budget perfectly, just without the name.

Other than that, it's all good stuff... as long as you're not holding a damp sponge by the time you're done playing lol

Oh one last tip...
    For those who are using towel grips...
    If you've read Don's post earlier, about amount of bacteria your grips can harbour...
    Do yourselves a favor, and everyone around you, to change your towel grips every so often, because they really do start taking in moisture, and bacteria does build up.

Also wash your hands, and never go licking or putting your mouths on people's racquet handles LOL
    If so you might as well lick the floor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I am sticking with the Super Grap since it's easy to take on and off, the cost is low, and there are many colors I can choose from (especially the asia versions).
    Here is a picture of my grips in my apartment
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woow nice collection Bluejeff,

I use karakal Pu super grip and it's so soft and confortable. However, it's so heavy, I put 1 layer of eclectrical tape+ thin layer of karakal PU super grip.

My original balance point with was 300mm but with the electrical tape and Karakal grip it makes it to 292-293mm and feel so much heavier than before.

292-293mm balance point= even balance or still head heavy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Brave_Turtle
    Woow nice collection Bluejeff,

I use karakal Pu super grip and it's so soft and confortable. However, it's so heavy, I put 1 layer of eclectrical tape+ thin layer of karakal PU super grip.

My original balance point with was 300mm but with the electrical tape and Karakal grip it makes it to 292-293mm and feel so much heavier than before.

292-293mm balance point= even balance or still head heavy?
    It's even balance, but close to the head-heavy side

I would consider:
    285< : head light
    285-295: even
    >295: head heavy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is assuming a regular length racquet? how long are they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default towel grip

pic of a homemade towel grip
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cooler; 04-03-2004 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    What did you use?

homemade.....lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex Towel Grip

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    ]

WOW!!! HOMEMADE!!! This is so neat!!! How did you make it?!?!?!

By the way, I use Yonex Towel Grip. It is very comfortable... I am in love with it...

The only bad thing that pisses me off is that the tape under the grip ruined my original grip on my racquet!!! Y_Y... my MP100.......... >_<... anyways, if i buy a new racquet, i wouldn't use it again... unless, Yonex takes off that stupid tape thing.........................................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is an old photo of one player i know.
    The towel last and is it's free.
    He often use washing machine to wash and reuse them
    That person is still using towel grip and loving it.
    His home made kind are much better because it's thicker and cushier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BlueJeff - does the yonex supergrap grip color stick to your hand after few times of playing? Coz i've been using this Toalson overgrip yellow color.. very nice tacky and a good grip.. but the thing is after using it.. i realised i have slight yellow color on my hand.. so i dont know weather the same case will happened to the yonex supergrap.

Cooler - Nice towelgrip.. it must be an expensive towel.. whats your cost?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    BlueJeff - does the yonex supergrap grip color stick to your hand after few times of playing? Coz i've been using this Toalson overgrip yellow color.. very nice tacky and a good grip.. but the thing is after using it.. i realised i have slight yellow color on my hand.. so i dont know weather the same case will happened to the yonex supergrap.

Cooler - Nice towelgrip.. it must be an expensive towel.. whats your cost?
    it's not my towel grip, i'm not a towel grip user. That racket was from a player fren in my 1 of the club. I only gave him some suggestion on how to get started because he like towel grips but dislike the store kind. Cost of towel = 0$. Think hard, what do u dry yourself after a bath or shower? Your favorite towel for your body is also the best towel for your hand.
    Last edited by cooler; 04-04-2004 at 10:35 PM.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast