User Tag List

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    it's not my towel grip, i'm not a towel grip user. That racket was from a player fren in my 1 of the club. I only gave him some suggestion on how to get started because he like towel grips but dislike the store kind. Cost of towel = 0$. Think hard, what do u dry yourself after a bath or shower? Your favorite towel for your body is also the best towel for your hand.
    Well in a way i disagree coz the towel for my body is way too thick for my hands :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    BlueJeff - does the yonex supergrap grip color stick to your hand after few times of playing? Coz i've been using this Toalson overgrip yellow color.. very nice tacky and a good grip.. but the thing is after using it.. i realised i have slight yellow color on my hand.. so i dont know weather the same case will happened to the yonex supergrap.
    No, supergrap is a high quality grip, which will not leave colors on your hand.
    In fact, it is my favorite grip (I like TW and JP version only), and I think I will stick with it forever if possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Well in a way i disagree coz the towel for my body is way too thick for my hands :P
    maybe but this player that is using the towel grip is counting on the towel to build up grip size as well oh well, there are ways around everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Yonex Towel Grip

Anyone here use Yonex Towel Grip? You know there's tape under it. So the sticky tape thing will remain on your original grip after you take the towel grip off.....
    Is that right?
    How you guys use and change your towel grip?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can put a protective wrap before you add on anything that has a sticky-side tape.

ie: food warp (clin-wrap? I forgot the name.....the clear ones that you wrap the food )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    you can put a protective wrap before you add on anything that has a sticky-side tape.

ie: food warp (clin-wrap? I forgot the name.....the clear ones that you wrap the food )
    Its cLing-wrap. Btw bluejeff.. i wanted to try those supergrap. found some selling at US$5 each .. considered very good deal. But is it tacky? How does it respond to sweaty hands?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Ashaway towel grip is slightly better than the Yonex one. You can get a 20m roll from central-sports (if they ever get it in stock....arggh!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Me and my Prince Grips

Well for me i use 2 grips.... either i get a Prince Durazorb overgrip and wrap it around the retail one that comes with my yonex or i use the Prince AirCushion Fit which is quite sticky (i have very sweaty hands) durazorb on bottom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only use 1 layer of Wilson overgrip over the wood handle. It gives better feelings and more precision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feng-MP100

To prevent the sticky tape from ruining your original grip, first wrap your grip with a thin layer of gauze, then tape that with a layer of scotch tape. the gauze and the tape combined will protect your original grip and is very thin and negligible. Then you can wrap your towel grips or whatever grip over the taped grip. The scotch tape will serve like a layer of protection and you can take off the grip with adhesive without damaging your original grip.

I learn this from my trainer in our club. hope this helps

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came across a thin Babolat overgrip that's almost like Yonex Supergrap. Can't recall the name but it's tacky yet not so much as to induce rug-burn on my fingers like the Supergrap. However, it's messier since it leaves colour on the hand. Nonetheless, it worked well for me since I don't sweat much on my hand anyway (probably a little bit of genetics and gripping technique).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't seem to find Yonex Supergrap anyway in most of the shops I went to, but the PU Super of Karakal is quite common. Been using the PU Super for some time and I think I'll be using it as long as Karakal is in the business...

Very keen on using towel grip - my brother swears by it although the specific type he uses is no longer found. Have anybody heard of the towel grip that can be taken off to wash and put back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Hey, I'm new here, but I've enjoyed reading the discussions in the past. This is my first post.

I use a ribbed overgrip that I got from C.Y. Badminton in Seattle. It has a foam rib going through the middle that makes the racquet really easy to hold without squeezing too tightly. It also increases the overall size of the grip. The grip weighs 10 grams, which changes the balance point of the racquet, but I don't mind that. I guess any overgrip will alter the balance point. Does anyone take this into account?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Karakal PU Grips

Hi,

I wouldn't dream of using anything else but Karakal PU super grips. They last far longer than any others I've tried and don't cost me a fortune. i get them from a seller on ebay, Mel3383, and she sends the exact colour you want for only 2.20 delivered. She also does multibuy discounts and postage overseas. They are brilliant value for money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just buy a box of 24 like i did....its about 1.60 each all delivered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

victor pro overgrip:

25 pieces = 14,-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting thread...
    am not really a towel grip kinda person....
    Personally, I like grips that have a single solitary ridge underneath... helps with control.... currently using the Yonex Ti2000 ... someone told me its a replacement grip and not an overgrip... but it works for me ! downside :- it ruins the original grip with the sticky strips.
    Also noticed that tacky grips don't really work for me... they get slippery when a wet...

My current fad is to use white grips for my rackets.. think it looks very professional.....!

(Well if one can't play well - can at least look good !)

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast