User Tag List

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chickenpoodle
    they came in yesterday, and i got my share from him...
    they're the same thing.
    i wonder why they bothered changing the product numbers.
    Does anyone notice that when you wrap Yonex A440 overgrip on your racket, that the direction of the wrap is different from the original grip? It seems to me that if the original grip direction is for right handed players, then the overgrip is for left handed players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Two
    Does anyone notice that when you wrap Yonex A440 overgrip on your racket, that the direction of the wrap is different from the original grip? It seems to me that if the original grip direction is for right handed players, then the overgrip is for left handed players.
    you're wrapping it wrong.
    the plastic is covering the TOP of the grip. covering what your hand will be touching.
    just keep in mind that the sticky end of the grip is on the BOTTOM of the handle.
    if you're looking at the butt of the handle, you wrap COUNTER CLOCKWISE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whao, whao; you mean I start wrapping with Yonex's SuperGrap from the TOP?...hmm....that might work better...but wouldn't that put the sticky part at the top also?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    I was wondering what brand of grips you're using. Right now I'm using Yonex's super grap and I'm considering changing to the Yonex Towel Grip but I heard so many bad complains about it, especially the amount of sweat it absorbs over time. Is there any grip that feels like a sponge but won't add much weight to a racket???

Thanks!
    I used to.. and still call towel grips the tournaments grips. Why? becoz they are very absorbant and hence very effective. But..over time..ie.. weeks after.. they become smelly and hardens due to the sweat they absorb. Hence.. they are not ideal for those who plays lots of games over time...those who need grips that are effective..and yet would last. Hence I would suggest you grips that are of PU materials. What Brands??.. hmm.. Karakal, Fleet, Pro Ace, Apacs, and Oh Yes.. Yonex ..just to name a few. But remember.. the cost of the grips should be taken into consideration too. Grips now are getting cheaper. A good PU grip would be around Malaysian Ringgit (RM)4.00 to 6.00. ( 1 USD = RM3.85). So the idea here is to have a good and cheap PU Grip..becoz this would allow frequent players to replace their grips more frequently..without incurring high costs (bearing in mind that new grips are more absorbing.. and less smelly).
    Last edited by xtag.my; 03-02-2005 at 09:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smashin'
    Whao, whao; you mean I start wrapping with Yonex's SuperGrap from the TOP?...hmm....that might work better...but wouldn't that put the sticky part at the top also?
    uhhhhh, misinterpretation from what i wrote!

the CELLOPHANE protective layer is covering the top side of the grip, the side of the grip that is exposed after its wrapped on.

the WHITE PEICE OF PLASTIC at the BOTTOM covering the STICKY part goes at the bottom.

you wrap the thing COUNTER CLOCKWISE from the bottom, to the top.

lemme show you a couple pictures of my finished wraps. compare it with yours. if its the same, then theres no problem.
    ignore the little comments. i used this diagram in another thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did wrap it with the plastic side on top; must be the original grip that's in the other direction. Anyway..I don't use that racket/grip anymore, broke it in clash a long time ago, and also I'm using Pointfore grips nowadays.

you're wrapping it wrong.
    the plastic is covering the TOP of the grip. covering what your hand will be touching.
    just keep in mind that the sticky end of the grip is on the BOTTOM of the handle.
    if you're looking at the butt of the handle, you wrap COUNTER CLOCKWISE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about the Yonex Aerotech series (Extra soft + Dry)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

...hello...this might sound kinda cheap...but personally...i prefer home-made reusable towel grips this way...i save so much on grips and i never have to worry about having a messy handle during a game.

...the grips i use are basically strips of about 4m in width and about two and a half feet(or how long you want them to be) in length...i just cut them out and sew the edges back on themselves so that the towel doesn't come apart in the washing machine. the way i keep it from coming off in a game is when i put it on...i start from the middle or about 2/3s of the way up and start it upwards at a pretty steep angle to prevent a buldge from forming. then...when i get to how high i like it, i come down at a regular angle...when i get to the bottom or very close...i fold it over a bit so it becomes tapered and then just wrap the remainder around the bottom and use a little elastic ring made from those waist bands to keep it in place
    ...what i like about this is that i can save a lot of money on grips...and in my bag...i keep about two or three for me to rotate if one gets too wet or dirty. and when i need to...i just throw it into the washing maching and use some fabric softener...also...i can just take it off whenever or after a game and just let them all dry and ready for the next time i play

...another thing i do is that i first put a regular grip that's kinda squishy and comfortable but not too expensive on the handle itself...that way, the towel grip on top will feel much more comfortable and the tackiness will last for a long time and keep the towel grip in place during play and i'll only have to change the regular grip every...hmm...don't know yet...but it should last for a long time...i've used this method for the past five months and i've had no bad feelings about doing this
    ...for people with small hands or don't like small grips...just make sure you don't overlap the towel grip or the regular grip too much...or...if you make the towel grip an extra 2 to 3 cm wider and quite a bit shorter...you can overlap the same amount but have much less bulk...anyway...try it!...it's not that bad...your friends will get used to the sight eventually...mine did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just my brief observation, it seem for pros players, towel grip users are mostly MS players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those whos been using Karakal PU super grip. Color does affect performance. I notice that plain color are usually harder than mixed (fading) color.

Mixed (fading) color are usually smoother and I prefer them way more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a question..... When removing the original stock grip....

After the removal of the tape thing that's wrapped around at the top of the grip, I saw this staple thing, what do I do with it? Do I forcefully take it out?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neosakai

After the removal of the tape thing that's wrapped around at the top of the grip, I saw this staple thing, what do I do with it? Do I forcefully take it out?
    don't remove any staples unless you want to.
    you can rip the oem overgrip off and out from under the staple.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The staple thing at the cone holds only the original grip. You can pick it out with a knife. That's what I usually do when I remove the original grip... don't need that extra weight around.

Quote Originally Posted by Neosakai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh.... I thought yonex did the staples to the grip to prevent you from removing the original grip

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    The staple thing at the cone holds only the original grip. You can pick it out with a knife. That's what I usually do when I remove the original grip... don't need that extra weight around.
    i generally prefer to leave it in. i mean, with the holes in it, its weaker i feel, with an extra opportunity to crack for some reason.
    the staple shouldn't weight that much. hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i generally prefer to leave it in. i mean, with the holes in it, its weaker i feel, with an extra opportunity to crack for some reason.
    the staple shouldn't weight that much. hehe.
    Its psychological... I usually take teh staples off on every racquet I had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Cus my hands hardly sweat, so all the grips design for sweaty palms seems just not fit me .... any recommendation?

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast