User Tag List

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Daniel

Default Re: Grips

There are other brand name of grips that are cheaper yet good. I find that my palm is sweaty after the beginning of a game. Then I used those liquid/cream that dries up your hand (forgot the name) and they work very well. I personally don't like those tower grips so I stick to those sythetic grip, which I change quite often.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mizuno grips. They are thin grips so another underlayer of a thin grip seems sufficient for me.
    I also use Yogi's suggestion.
    I consider my hands a very decent test of grips. Most grips are good new but the real test is how long for?

GregorPI

I bought the PACIFIC towel grip. It comes in one long towel stripe (cca. 5 grips long). You must cut the length at your own need, which is cool cause you can make the grip thinner or thicker that way. It only costs as 2 Yonex towel grips but must remind you that you actually get 5 grips length.

The towel grip tends to harden when it dries out. That is manly because of salt, so I try to wipe the grip with wet (not soaked) sponge or towel, then let it dry and afterwards I use a hard brush (the one for hand-washing) to brush a grip.

It's not like new but is 70% better. Try it out. This is a trick I figured out recently. My palms sweat A LOT and the only grip that does for me is towel grip and this 'technique' keeps it in shape, so you don't need to change it that many times and u donít get blisters either.

Good luck,
    Gregor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Grips??

hey
    umm i was just wondering which over grip should i use because my original grip is worn out. I went to go buy some and there were so many that i wasnt sure which one to buy so i was just wondering if someone could help me
    thanks alot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Karakal are well known for making the best grips, for example the 'Kushy Grip' or the standard PU grip, both are these are very good and durable. I tend to use the Ashaway Super Grip, mainly because i get sweaty hands and these become more 'Grippy' (good word!) as your hand sweats. If your hand does sweat, then towel grips maybe a possibility, Yonex towel grips for example. But if you want a good frip then get the Karakal PU grip, it all goes down to preference...

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Well i can't say which one is best to choose but try Karakal X-Shock Grip, or Karakal Kumfy Grip these two are my fave ones. I stuck with X-Shock grip for ages and see its price go up and up boo cry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you do suffer with sweaty palms though, get a towel grip they are super absorbant! Get a bundle of grips and try them to see what u preferre...

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Towel Grips

Matt,

I find my racquet handle getting very 'wet' from perspiration. Where in the UK, do you get the towel grips from ?

cheers,
    Sean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your help but i was wondering how do the yonex Super Graps compare to the karakal grips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

Sean: What grip have you got at the moment and what do you mean wet, as in slippy?

Jay: I think it's quite close between Yonex and Karakal, but i think Karakal have the grip expertise and Yonex have the racquet expertise. Don't get me wrong, Yonex are good for grips, but i don't think you can beat Karakal.

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex grips arn't durable... I haven't really used towel grip much but I don't think those are durable either...

Karakal ones feel pretty good although I only had a chance to use it when using friend's racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally, i like the think cloth ones, because they have a nice feel... but unfortunately, i wear them down too fast.... so now i usually use the yonex ones... cuz they're quite durable... unless someone wants to recommend a durable cloth one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, a grip usually lasts about 2 months (6 hrs play /wk) as my hand don't perspire much.

I prefer the Yonex Grap though I've tried other tacky-feeled grips without any noticeable differences. As to durability, you can always reuse the grap by unrolling and re-rolling from the other end. Though at less than $2/grap, I usually re-wrap with a fresh roll.

J.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Towel Grips

Matt,

Yes ....I do mean 'wet' as I seem to get a lot of perspiration in the end part of the grip handle ....

It does get slippery but instead of some powders/sprays you can get I thought it might be time to at least try a towel grip.

Do you know where I can get some towel grips ?

Sean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Towel Grips

Matt ...bit more ....I use (have used) various standard karakal grips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean,

Well there are many good towel grips out on the market at the moment, for example the Yonex and Ashaway towel grips. But if you want a good grip which is super absorbant then i would get the Yonex towel grips.

Go to www.centralsports.co.uk I feel these are the best suppliers and they dispatch the product the same day as the recieve the order. The Yonex towel grips come in at £2.00, where as Ashaway do a long roll (20 meters) for £19.99 (red only). The choice is up to you, but it's up to you which ones. Also, the Ashaway grip powder would be good also.

Hope this helps

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My current favorite is the Babolat "Pro Team", which has a dry, spongy feel. They also make a "VS", which is thinner and a little less spongy. That comes is a charcoal gray color which goes so well with the MP77!!

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast