User Tag List

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm. Sorry to all for this off-topic. Why do most professional players use towel grip? And is it true that the white coloured towel grip is rare in some areas, as in Singapore? Does a towel grip or synthetic grip grip work better? Or are there different advantages for each type? Which is a wiser choice for a competitive player? Or is it up to the player?

Err. Sorry for too many questions. But please help me answer them. Thanks a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen
    Erm. Sorry to all for this off-topic. Why do most professional players use towel grip? And is it true that the white coloured towel grip is rare in some areas, as in Singapore? Does a towel grip or synthetic grip grip work better? Or are there different advantages for each type? Which is a wiser choice for a competitive player? Or is it up to the player?

Err. Sorry for too many questions. But please help me answer them. Thanks a lot.
    it all come down to personal feel as each of us have different sweat rate and skin texture. Since grips are cheap, it is easy just try different kinds and find out. Most pros use them coz most pros play in SE asia where it is hot and steamy. They practice alot too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    it all come down to personal feel as each of us have different sweat rate and skin texture. Since grips are cheap, it is easy just try different kinds and find out. Most pros use them coz most pros play in SE asia where it is hot and steamy. They practice alot too.
    I see. Thanks a lot. I'll try out different grips. Previously, I only prefered synthetic grips. I didn't like or was too scared to even try towel grips. Recently I tried a towel grip on my Carlton Airblade Superlite and it felt nice. The racket felt really light, not like when I used synthetic grips on it before which made it slightly heavy. But I don't think I would like towel grips on any 3U or 2U rackets. Oh well, I'll try it out first. Err, sorry. Too much off-topic. See ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sweat Absorbing grips BAD???

Hi to all. I had just just browsed through ebay and this particular guy, selling grips of a brand called Extreme Power, states that sweat-absorbing grips will have a negative effect on the racket handles. He says the sweat will cause the wooden handle to crack. Can anyone check the authenticity of this claim? Is it true?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaizen
    Hi to all. I had just just browsed through ebay and this particular guy, selling grips of a brand called Extreme Power, states that sweat-absorbing grips will have a negative effect on the racket handles. He says the sweat will cause the wooden handle to crack. Can anyone check the authenticity of this claim? Is it true?
    Naw, I doubt there will be a significantly negative effect. If a wooden racket handle is exposed to sweat/acid from the hands in copious amounts and over prolonged periods, the handle maybe damaged. However, there's not enough sweat to do that kind of damage. In addition, most racket handles have a protective coating leftover when you remove the original grip. That will minimize sweat seepage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot
    Naw, I doubt there will be a significantly negative effect. If a wooden racket handle is exposed to sweat/acid from the hands in copious amounts and over prolonged periods, the handle maybe damaged. However, there's not enough sweat to do that kind of damage. In addition, most racket handles have a protective coating leftover when you remove the original grip. That will minimize sweat seepage.
    Thanks a lot. Hmmm....Then that guy is just trying to promote his own grips and pull down the reputation of sweat-absorbing grips?!?!?! Jeez.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have any one tried the Kimoni or Kimony grip ? We found it great and it is originally from Japan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this question shoudl go here.

I recently bought a new arcket. but the gripsize was just too small. and now I have soemthing like a G5, wood, overgrip, very thin tape and towelgrip. (the thin tape is because when I remove the towelstuff I won't pull off half the undergrip)

But now my racket feels a bit headlight...Any concrete thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit: nevermind...got it back to 293mm..

Sotx is great: The buttcap has an extra layer above it wiht the Sotx-logo. Peal of logo, cut open butcap. romve some glue. glue the "extra layer" back on.
    It's all good now...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLYINGBIRD
    Have any one tried the Kimoni or Kimony grip ? We found it great and it is originally from Japan.
    Yes, Kimoni makes excellent grips. Hard to find in the U.S. though. I really like the perforated, tacky grip they have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a new grip yesterday, the Karakal Traktion grip. Very expensive at 5.00 but its an excellent grip, ideal feel for me and very 'grippy' without being too tacky. Probably the best i've tried but too expensive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

i use a towel grip for both of my racquets.very absorbent but u might change this weekly if your a baddict.hehe. like me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use yonex grip. I don't like the white and sticky victor grips.1st.: They steam my heand and make it sweaty.2nd.: they're white!!!!!! One game and they grey!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far i used the yonex dry grap which is pretty decent for absorbing sweat if your hands get sweaty easily like me lol sometimes only though. I might try out the yonex towel grip but i heard it has really bad durability and costs more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Whats the price to be exact?

Quote Originally Posted by Byro-Nenium View Post
    I use mostly Ashaway grips. I use the Ashaway Super Grip. Its really cheap and sticky but its only down side is that it isn't very durable. Needs to be changed about once every month.
    Dear Byro-Nenium,

Can you please tell me the price and availability of these grips?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default kimony grip

Has anyone tried tacky kimony overgrips?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amitsatpathy View Post
    Dear Byro-Nenium,

Can you please tell me the price and availability of these grips?
    welcome to BC! I think I can help out here, just above the name of the poster there's a date, the post you're replying to is from 2001, so most likely he won't reply...Because I'm pretty sure reviving an 11-year-old thread is some sort of record
    However I can recommend http://www.stringersworld.com/section/452/1/ashaway or direct-badminton.co.uk

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23