User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Default Re: What grip are u using???

i have tried only a couple of grips over the past 14 yrs.
    yonex towel, grap, tournagrip, kush tec, prince, and some no name.
    the towel was only good for a very short while. most ppl who wanted to use towel is because they have a lot of sweat, like me. in general, if you have lot of persperation, grips will not last long for you. the towel grip has the lowest durability of all! probably 2 night's of play! i don't like it.
    the grap was ok, as i am still using them. it does has some spongyness to it to absorb minor shock which the towel doesn't.
    tournagrip is really great for heavy sweaters. they are light weight as well. their price is virtually the same as graps, may be a buck more. it really absorbs persperation well, but it doesn't last all that long. may be 2-4 months . this is the best grip for sweaty hands i find so far. the best thing is that it DOES NOT SLIP in sweaty palms.
    the prince also has grip that is similar to the tournagrip. but i forgot it's name. i m going to try it next as my tournagrip is finished.
    kush tec is very nice and spongy. it's a nice grip if you love thick grip. i only tried this grip for a night's play long time ago, so i can't remember now.

Simon

Thanks for your input!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tournagrip. Pkg of 3 grips is $4 US, does not slip, as Avatar said, and is available in the sports dept. of big chain stores. Also, tournagrip is thin and doe not change the size of the handle very much. I tried thicker grips a few times, cush types, but could not adjust to the feel of the racquet in my hand.

I agree with Avatar's comments also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have any of u guys tried what a Grip! Man i really liked it a lot!

Josh

I am currently using the Prince Duraperf Contour overgrip. I actually use it for my tennis racquet but I also like it on my badminton racquet. It's a little big but it still feels nice.

Phil

Default Karakal Pu Super Grip

Has anyone used this grip? My friend just bought one, and it seems to be really high quality, and it's only $8 CDN.

Clive

Default Karakal and other grips/overgrips

Out of the box it is the tackiest, best grip I have used. When you sweat on it for long enough that tack goes but it's still OK. I have it on my squash racket and one of my baddy rackets. The ribbed version is the one I preferred at the time.

I also tried a tacky Slazenger grip and found that was less tacky to start with but stayed tacky for longer.

When I bought my MP100, however, I gave up on tacky grip replacements and started using cushioned overgrips instead. I obviously have to change them more often, but I prefer the softer feel and they seem to give me finer control over the balance of the racket. I use the ProKennex cushion grips because they are very cheap.

In a perfect world I would like the cushioning and the tackiness, but I can't be bothered buying every overgrip on the market until I find the perfect one. Any recommendations from anyone?

Clive.

russell

Default Grips

I'm looking for durable comfortable grips that don't feel like slime when they get wet. Any suggestions? What do you people think of the yonex towel grips compared to their tour grap? Thanks.

Jason

Default Re: Grips

Yonex tower grips after a while feels sticky.. dpends on how much your palms sweat... but mine after 4 times of play (2-3 hrs each) they become sticky and kind of rough... and also... they are pretty heavy (they feel like they are about one third of my racket's weight)... so if your racket is head heavy... and you put the towek grip on it... u'll even out the weight a bit... so smashes are slower and they tend to be less accurate... (at least on my MP100 it's that way) so... i changed it back to the grip the racket came with... I'll test out the power on the smashes next week... n I guess I'll "report" back? ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default WHAT A GRIp

This is a tennis grip! But I think It is very very good! So pls try it! I guess u would not mind spending 3USD!

Jason

Default Re: WHAT A GRIp

what???? the Yonex towel is a tennis grip??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jason jason!

"What a grip" is a brand name like Yonex, prince and wilson! They are speciality Tennis Grip makers! So i suggested them! I love them but in India u dont get them!

Jason

Default Re: Jason jason!

o.. icic ^^".. haha.. I'm just learnin stuff about badminton equipment right now... so.. haha.... i tend to make a fool outta myself a lot when I'm learning ^^"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No worries!

prob i was not clear enough! Chill mate!

Jason

Default Re: No worries!

haha.. nah.. wasn't freaking out yet ^^"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grips

I'm not too keen on towel grips. I sweat a lot, but I found that I prefer a sticky grip over a towel grip... and a wrist band to act as a "stopper".

I really like the Prince Dura-Tred overgrips. They're sticky yet absorbant, and they keep their stickiness for much longer than any other overgrips I've tried.

jon

Default Rec. on Gripz

recommend me a good grip...

dont b.s. me about every players different... and blah blah blah... just recommend a grip...

i want a long lasting grip, that'll stay planted on my hand!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast