User Tag List

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

It all goes on preference really and how your hand is. If you have a small hand, it's not worth having a chunk as thing on the racquet handle. The best thing is, sweaty palms go for spongy or towel grips, Yonex, Ashaway and Karakal just to name a few. Get a bunch and try em....

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try TUF RE-GRIP grip wrap if u want a pic to see what it looks like goto blackknight.ca and take a look at the rackets, their accesory section doesn't have a pic. odd eh.. My friend has one and i borrowed it from him. I've only used it a few times but its comfortable and is grippy. SWEAT is not a factor on this thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grips??

Originally posted by Jay
    hey
    umm i was just wondering which over grip should i use because my original grip is worn out. I went to go buy some and there were so many that i wasnt sure which one to buy so i was just wondering if someone could help me
    thanks alot
    Hi, if you're talking about Overgrips, I believe Toalson (made in Japan) or Tourna Grip are good reccomendations.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I found these two grips very similar.

Even in extremely sweaty conditions, the grips are still effective.

The Kimony grip is cheaper.

They are both thin grips. I have G4 grips (without the leather grip) with an ordinary thin grip over the wood and then the Mizuno/Kimony grip.

These grips are starting to become popular in HK. I've seen two friends also use the same grip.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the pros and cons for big grip vs small grip? Big grip as in g3... small as in g4 and less

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tourna Grip

Hey i tried the Tourna Grip before although it has a good grip i ended up getting a big blister on my index finger (Ouch) .......... Alot of the tennis players use it. Too dry for my liking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by TDotSmAsHer
    whats the pros and cons for big grip vs small grip? Big grip as in g3... small as in g4 and less
    Generally, most pple (including internationals) will use a smaller grip. Not too small of course! If the grip is too thick, it may lock your wrist or cause some immobility. Also, having a thick grip may not enable you to switch from backhand grip to forehand grip (vise versa) properly or fast enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Well...

Originally posted by Chen Dan
    Hey i tried the Tourna Grip before although it has a good grip i ended up getting a big blister on my index finger (Ouch) .......... Alot of the tennis players use it. Too dry for my liking.
    I suppose your hand doesn't sweat that much, that's why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheung,

I am surprised to see that ur rackets have Grips over the cone as well.I rarely see singles players do it! None of my singles rackets(Slim 10's) have this. It was surprising as I know that u are majorly singles player.

I would agree with Modious abt Toalson.They are very good and i love their repalcement grip.U could try wilson Champsport(R) or Pacific Over grip.If u want u could try WHAT A GRip for the feel and not for the durability.

But i woudl still say that Towel is the best and U can change it every 2 days if u prac regularly. All u need to do is buy a big towel of ur choice and some Glue. I would advise u to remove the Orginal grip which comes with teh racket and then add wiremesh bandage made of cotton which is used by doctors for dressing wounds.

after u carefully roll a small piece of it then U can stick ur Towel Grip with decent Glue on to the racket. Thsi way The racket will maintain balance as well give u the most Comfortable grip.

I always strip My racket handle naked and then use a Torno and then a towel grip.

Dont buy Towel Grips. U shoudl make them and it hardly takes 2 mins to get one done. With ur own towel u get the best choice of length and material that u want. Here the Big TURKEY TOWEL(as it is called) costs abt Rs 100/- and the Towel Grip is too pricey.I can make abt 40 Grips from a Towel and they will last me for abt 40 days for 2 rackets if i prac real hard.

U couls also wear a good Wrist band that will stop the flow of sweat from Ur forearm to ur wrist and then onto ur palms. I knwo very few plp actually sweat in their palms. so u try out a wrist band and then see whether u still sweat in ur palm. If u sweat a lot then u need more thab 2 WB ofcourse.

Have fun and best of Luck for the search of teh most suited grip.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Grips

Yogi,

I do play doubles sometimes

Although I keep a lot of racquets, it's inconvenient to take five racquets to a session. So I just take three and use them for doubles. Wrapping the grip up to the cone doesn't seem to make much difference..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Grips

I find Toalson Extra Dry and Tack (spelling?) to be a little disappointing. Colouring from extra dry comes off and extra tack seems to slip after a short time. My hands do sweat a lot and I find extra tacky grips to have that slipping problem (eg Pacific Over Tack). It may be me but I find tacky grips to be less absorbent.

Tourna, I have not used for years but it used to give me blisters (at least initially). Its a thin grip.

I generally prefer thinner grips and I like the Pacific Le Grip and Ashaway (made in japan) which has cushioning for the last 2 fingers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My 2 cent on Overgrips

You're going to have to tell us what you're like to suggest an overgrip.

I hardly sweat at all, however I play with a very loose grip and the handle moves around a lot in my hand during my shots (to get the extra finger punch ). As suchky grips give me blisters like crazy (and stick to my fingers so impede the last bit of acceleration through my hand ;P).

I started with a cheapy Pro Kennex overgrip, which was fan-bloody-tastic, however before I could buy them out of stock they stopped making them :P. I moved onto the Wilson Champ overgrip, which was tacky and sucked. Next Puma Duragrip, also didn't like. Found the Wilson H2Over grip which was really nice and incredibly smooth (also supposedly absorbs sweat well, butI wouldn't know). However IMO overgrips once applied over another rubbery grip should not move! This thing was nearly as slippery on the back as it was the front! Have to reapply every couple of hours play, eventually glued it, which is really a waste of a perfectly good grip underneath :P.

Now I agree with the other guy who said he like the Babolat Pro Teams, these ROCK! Not quite as slippery as an H2Over, but pretty close, just a slight bit of tack, and they don't move much on the handle. However they don't seem to last long I rotate between four raquets (well three now that I broke my TI SA) and the over grip on one is already quite worn, probably hasn't been used for more than about 20 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed.
    I've tried Babolat Overgrips before and found them pretty disappointing.
    Don't last long at all...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question grip suggestions?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what sort of good OVERGRIPs there are out there. Lately, i've been using some pro kennex grip but over the past half year, i've just been experimenting.

I'm looking for something that's thick, soft, and if even, something that reduces the number of blisters you get from playing a lot.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

?? anwsers please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prince Duratred!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question towel grips

what is the best brand od towel grips yonex 1's seem to wear out after 5 hrs of play has any1 tried Bk or any other brands?

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast