Itching To play in China and HK

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by d0hhh, Apr 2, 2010.

1. d0hhh

d0hhh Regular Member

non
    Hi i've been reading the forums about places to play but cant seem to find exact locations and times of clubs. do you think anyone can help?

i'm currently on holiday in Dung Xing China and will be here until the 7th april 2010 then i'm in hk from the 10th - 13th can anyone point me in the right direction for a club to play at.

i'm a decent player i play league div 1 and 2 back in the uk so simular standard would be ideal but i'm itching so bad i dont really mind what the standard anymore.

many thanks

Alan

feel free to email me at d0hhh@hotmail.com

2. d0hhh

d0hhh Regular Member

non
    ok after being here for a few days now i've finally figured out why noone has replied!

its because all the badminton professionals here play in the PARK! just behind the government building!

i kid you not thats where everyone akes their rackets and has a knock about after dinner! theres also aerobics and other dancing there to! unfortunately the badminton isnt to any standard because i saw to people playing today using motor bikes as a net! Very MADE IN CHINA!

lol hopefully i'll have more luck in HK.

3. dennisng

dennisng Regular Member

1st tier & 2nd tier cities

Organized indoor badminton is found in most 1st tier (e.g. Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou e.t.c.) & 2nd tier cities (e.g. Xiamen, Dalian e.t.c.) & played at almost every school with an indoor gymnasium (hall) every evening. Just have to ask around (hotel concierge is good place to start) or search badmintoncentral forum!

Would be a challenge to find organized badminton in 3rd tier cities if you don't read Chinese as most postings are online (with several hundred million internet users in a single country, perhaps largest in the world for a single country e.g. www.ttymq.com).