Faster and lighter than NS9900?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TingAhYee, Apr 4, 2010.

1. TingAhYee

TingAhYee Regular Member

Hi guys :)

Is there any racket that is faster and lighter than a 3U Nanospeed 9900 or 9000?

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power racquets, I reckon. Not necessarily head lighter but definitely possible for you to obtain one which is less than 85g (minimum weight of a 3U racquet).

3. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Plenty of rackets are much faster and lighter than a 3U NS9900 / NS9000.

They won't have the same power, but any 5U (and many 4U) rackets are going to be quicker than any 3U racket - regardless of aerodynamics / materials / other technology.
    Kason, Black Knight, Ashaway, APACS and Karakal all make "superlight" rackets weighing <80g.

re: Panda Power rackets - by all accounts, the 2nd generation Trinity (aka Trinity 2 / T2) feels very similar to the NS9900 (incl. the fast swingspeed), but like Blitzzards says, it is available in a range of weights (from 4U@83g upwards) and balance points.

If you're strictly interested in other 3U rackets, then I can't help you much.
    I haven't tried it myself, but I believe the NS6000 is supposed to be the most head-light and maneuverable Yonex, although it's very flexible aswell so it would appeal to a completely different kind of player.

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

The only racket faster than NS990 i tried is Apacs Lethal Light 1.1
    It weights only 75g, i weighted it using digital diamond scale
    Very nice in defence even the fact that it was strung lower than my ussual standard, i can feel the potential if i get the right tension
    I cant commend on durability issue but so far after more than one month of playing, its fine. The only bad thing about it so far is the paint work, the chrome has faded away at some points near the grommet

5. TingAhYee

TingAhYee Regular Member

Think that racket is also called Apacs Superlight in this region. It is in fact head heavy so isnt as fast as NS9900.

6. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

There's a trade off if u choose to use light racquets (4U, 5U). Your smashes and drives won't have much power. Seasoned players can easily defense your shoots and return them to the perfect spots where you hardly reach.

7. TingAhYee

TingAhYee Regular Member

Yes u r absolutely right. However there are also some players with strong muscular development and have powerful full swings that can still lay bombs on these lightweights. NS9900 and 9000 strikes a good balance between weight and speed. I am wondering if there are any other makes possibly Kason or Victor that could have as fast a swing as Nanospeed and even lighter. I am thinking 4U Bravesword? :rolleyes:

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Im not sure what its called where you are. But its surely not a head heavy racket, i would say just slightly towards head light or maybe balance. So im not sure if we are talking the same racket here.

APACS SLETHAL LIGHT 1.10 SPECIFICATIONFrame Material High Modulus Graphite + Nano CarbonShaft Material High Modulus Graphite + Nano CarbonFlexMedium Weight75 ~ 77g 6ULenght675mmMax Tension35lbsBalance285 +/- 3mmSPECIAL FEATURESIsomectric head frame72 Grommets systemHandle in Mint conditionReinforced StructureFully Crome Finishing coated High Tension frame

Attached Files:

9. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Well, if you are muscular and your wrist has enough power, you should use stiff racquet as it can generate the maximum power when you smash. Yes you still can smash well using light racquet but stiff and heavy racquet is the best for muscular and strong wrist player.

10. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I suspect TingAhYee is looking for a doubles racket rather than single weapon. If thats the case then head heavy stiff racket wouldn't be a good choice.

11. TingAhYee

TingAhYee Regular Member

Yes u r rite :) A stiff racket is good for me. That is why i am using NS9900 and NS9000S/X as a benchmark. However for someone with a big full swing using strong upper arm power, a slightly flexible racket could possibly provide some assist over a stiff racket. I feel a stiff racket is meant for players with strong wrist/forearm power and speed rather than upper arm power. In other words a snap wrist player.

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Im not sure if thats right but i also think like that. A flex racket is better for wristy player and stiff racket generates better power.

I forgot to mention, Carlton VTT is lighter than yonex and its also head light/balance med flex. It may suit you well.

13. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Hey a year gone by and most likely you have find your new racket and probably not reading this thread anymore. But guess what?? I found what you after, BS10. Its lighter and faster than NS9900.

14. daren2

daren2 Regular Member

How about trinity pro?

15. Patrick

Patrick Regular Member

Property Manager
    Try the Victor Spira 22, it has all the specs you wanted.

16. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

nothing is faster than 9900.... Muahahhaha

17. beelebala

beelebala Regular Member

catering
    There is no such a thing called "faster" racket. A light, aerodynamic, specified constructed racket with the combination of your physical skill can achieve the goal you want - speed.

18. fsga1891

fsga1891 Regular Member

After trying the Victor brave sword 12(3U 84-86g) last wed, found that the racket is quicker and lighter than NS9900 but NS9900 is more stiffer than BS12.

19. atomicsnapper

atomicsnapper Regular Member

Student
    I have this black knight racket which is lighter than the ns9900 :D

not much in quality as I heard and I have no idea what model this is haha

20. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    7U Apacs Feather Weight 200 imposing with the weight of 69grams. Much lighter than the NS9900