Short Serve in Singles

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Crimz, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Crimz

Crimz Regular Member

students
    Hi I've been having problems with this in my singles game. Probably my Service, whether long or short is my weak link in singles. The most important thing I would wanna know is what to do after serving low. What stances should we take and stuff like that. Well I would describe what I do so maybe you guys can help me out after that =)

I serve low with my racket leg in front. After that I take a slight hop backwards to move back to mid court so I can cover the 4 corners. My racket leg is still in front. After that I'm ok with the shuttle flying anyway except to my forehand rear court. I'm not sure if many of you have this problem. I do not think I'm slow cause my brother who is of the same speed as me has no problem covering his court after serving low. And I'm not sure if my slight hop backwards would be considered a split step. Sometimes after I serve I just move my non-racket leg backwards and tip toes before awaiting my opponents return.

2. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    Perhaps it's the quality of your low serve. The lower he takes it (the faster your serve too) the less of a chance he can attack you. Don't know for certain since I can't see.