ARC-ZS and NS9900 stringing pattern

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by jediwannabe, Apr 8, 2010.

1. jediwannabe

jediwannabe Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hi all. I have a question about stringing patterns. My stringer does not seem to follow the Yonex recommended stringing instructions for the mentioned racquets. Here are some pics. I have hightlighted the location of the knots.

ARC Z Slash
    z slash.jpg
    b-4slash.jpg

NS9900
    ns9900.jpg
    b-5ns9900.jpg

Are these normal? If no, how much will it affect the racquet performance?

2. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Probably looked for HIS convenience to tie off and start mains. I don't think it will affect performance, but I guess it voids any guarantee u might hv, if u hv,

3. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

that's very normal in Malaysia, most of the stringer didn't follow Yonex pattern.

4. jimmy8269

jimmy8269 Regular Member

To my knowledge, it's "4 knots" style. The Yonex recommendation is 2 knots style as seen in your pic.

The 4 knots style is the way to cut the string into 2 parts, one for horizontal and another one for vertical.

5. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

Yonex recommends 2 piece string, hence 4 knots, as they say 2 knots damage the frame. If you complain to them that you have a damaged frame with 2 knots, they are more strict than 4 knots going above the recommended tension.

As for the pattern from your photo's the knots on the bottom seem fine. As to the top crosses you need to see properly which route's he taken before the knot. Maybe he's done the top cross before the 2nd one which would mean it's closer to tie a knot where he has done rather than the stringing pattern on the 5th grommet. The closer the tie off, the more slack it cuts off in the tension.

6. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

Its not just the tie off location that will make the string job good or not, but the overall quality of the string job/stringer. It could play well, it mite just be average. As I always say just play what feels good.

7. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

the only problem with it is that the top cross tie off is moved lower
    the stringer can just tie it off on the top main but i don't see why he would tie it off on a cross

i think its a bad place to tie off because there are now 3 strings going through that one hole. it will make more stress at that one spot

#7 Deathsticks, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  8. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

@jedi: maybe you can show a picture of the side of the racket on the top knot side.

I have a hunch that the stringer has finished at cross 10, hence tying the knot at the corner grommet, as the smaller grommets you can only fit in one string.

In regards to performance, If the quality of stringing is good, the knots won't affect the performance of the racket.

9. jediwannabe

jediwannabe Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Thanks for all the insight guys. Ok, here's some snapshots of side of the Z Slash containing the top knot.

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

10. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

Your stringers just messed around with the crosses but I don't know why, I guess it's just his preference or maybe his clamp fits better in that particular corner to cut off the slack. Ask him =). IMO it looks a bit messy but at the end of the day it's performance that counts. It doesn't change much if he has done a quality job. Anyway I took some photo's of one that I did which follows the pattern. :)

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      135 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      153 KB
      Views:
  11. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    It is fine. the only difference is the cross tie off at A5. There is common practice in Asian countires to fololw the pattern you just showed. It is not a big deal. It wont effect the performace whatsoever.

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Of course the stringing job is rather poor and also wrong.
    The mains tie-offs should be at the two bottom grommets #8, not #6.
    The starting cross knot should be at the top grommet #5, the bottom cross tie-off at the bottom grommet #6.
    All his knots are at the wrong locations. In addition there are too many long strings unnecessarily skirting around the outside of the frame.