User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 42
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's great to become the 1st batch of very few to try the court just now, it's totally different from other badminton court that you've played before, a scenic spot, very nice view, some plants...but still room for improvement for several issues...thanks Rick.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,892
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by jerry99 View Post
    It's great to become the 1st batch of very few to try the court just now, it's totally different from other badminton court that you've played before, a scenic spot, very nice view, some plants...but still room for improvement for several issues...thanks Rick.
    yes.... ROOM for improvement... definitely a different badminton feel..

    A must try for all HARDCORE Badminton Fans especially those who play 8times a week!

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    puchong, malaysia
    Posts
    535
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What are the rates and the business hours?

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunway
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    yes.... ROOM for improvement... definitely a different badminton feel..

    A must try for all HARDCORE Badminton Fans especially those who play 8times a week!
    Thank you for the comments. As this is a different concept hall, we really appreciate feedback from our players. We will be happy to have your comments during these 2 weeks free trial and we will strive to improve on it gradually.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Selangor
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wondering is the sports shop opened during this 2 weeks trial? If open then we can get shuttles and strining services there

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunway
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The sports shop was officially open today as well as the badminton courts. Shuttles, stringing services, racquets and attire are available for sale.

    Hope to see you.

    Thanks.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Petaling Jaya, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,051
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey, i got a question to ask.

    I went to check out the court bfore the opening. The question is since both sides are opened up with a slight gap, wont there be wind in the court?


    Thanks

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    sunway
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    went for the opening and watched the match by m'sia backup players. . notice kinda windy on & off haha.. gonna try the court 2nite.. hope its not windy at nite aha..
    VRC , mayb can post some photos of the courts for bmtoncentral fans to hav a look .tq

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    sunway
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    js wanna update that the wind really affect the shuttles, alots of miss hit..
    will try again once the hall been upgraded , wall up the open area and paint the ceiling white , hardly can detect the shuttle with current ceiling now... however the court surface was superb.. thx for the trial rick =D

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,892
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Monday April 26, 2010

    Charitable start for badminton hall

    By NG WEI LOON
    weiloon@thestar.com.my
    Photos by SIA HONG KIAU



    NATIONAL men’s doubles shuttler Koo Kien Keat continued his effort to drum up support for the Solidarity Badminton Foundation (Solibad) at the launch of its newly set up 11-court badminton hall at Extreme Park in Sunway South Quay recently.
    Koo contributed his T-shirt and a racquet for an auction to help the foundation to raise funds for needy children around the globe,


    A total of RM2,800 was raised from the auction of both collector’s items. The highest bid for the T-shirt and racquet was RM800 and RM2,000 respectively.


    Among the badminton cast present to grace the event were national doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky, world number one men’s singles player Lee Chong Wei and Koo’s partner Tan Boon Heong.
    Opening ritual: (From left) Tan Boon Heong, Koo, Lee, Extreme Park co-owners Rocky Siow and Ron Tan and VRC Resources Sdn Bhd partner Peter Lim cutting ribbons to mark the opening of the badminton hall.


    The centre’s operations director, Rick Yeoh, acknowledged the strong backing of the badminton community in chipping in towards a good cause.


    “We are delighted that we got off the blocks on a good note with a successful charity drive in conjunction with the opening of the centre,” added Yeoh.


    In addition, the combination of Ong Soon Hock-Mak Hee Chun were up against the partnership of Hoon Thien How-Tan Wee Kiong as both pairs clowned around on the court to entertain the guests in the exhibition match.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunway
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rayzkie View Post
    js wanna update that the wind really affect the shuttles, alots of miss hit..
    will try again once the hall been upgraded , wall up the open area and paint the ceiling white , hardly can detect the shuttle with current ceiling now... however the court surface was superb.. thx for the trial rick =D
    Hi Players,

    Thank you for trying out our courts during this free trials. Your comments and feedbacks were very important and useful for us. We are currently doing some rectification works to address these 2 main issues :

    1) Wind - Closing up the bottom part of the glass panels, erecting new glass panels at the back portion of the courts after the spectators' seating.

    2) Sunlight Glare - Installing motorised Dark Curtains to be used during the daylight.

    (Work should finish within this 2 weeks)

    A big thanks to those players who enjoyed playing in our concept hall "botanical garden" feel badminton hall.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    1,582
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    South Quay Xtream Park badminton hall is truly a new concept and a wonderful badminton hall.
    5 stars to the environment, it give visitors and players enjoy the nice environment , some call it a garden but I called it a green house.
    The concept of players enjoying themselves even while waiting for their turns is good.
    The garden is something that players can even bring gf or wife to watch or wait while they enjoy their games.
    Much more better then waiting in the compact and stuffy place of other halls.
    I doubt presently there is any badminton hall is as beautiful as this badminton hall.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    South Quay Xtream Park badminton hall is truly a new concept and a wonderful badminton hall.
    5 stars to the environment, it give visitors and players enjoy the nice environment , some call it a garden but I called it a green house.
    The concept of players enjoying themselves even while waiting for their turns is good.
    The garden is something that players can even bring gf or wife to watch or wait while they enjoy their games.
    Much more better then waiting in the compact and stuffy place of other halls.
    I doubt presently there is any badminton hall is as beautiful as this badminton hall.
    I absolutely agree, thats why I chose Sunway to set up my Tuesday night group. And so many people love this place.....so relaxing.....can eat snacks and drinks at the tables provided.....and bring spouses or dates also......so cooling w beautiful landscaping......kudos to Rick and Isaac.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunway
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi All,

    Thank you again for the valuable feedbacks and encouraging comments.

    Just an update, the rectification works for the following has been completed :
    1) Back portion of the court - glass panels has been erected and installed. - This has addressed the "draft" in the court while still maintaning the natural air flow within the court.

    2) Sunlight Glare - Motorised curtains have been installed and part of the glare has been greatly reduced during the afternoon sessions.

    3) More tables and chairs have been added to accomodate the growing crowd at the centre.

    4) Prolonged Business Hours : We are now opened for 24 hours playing/booking to cater for the group

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sunway
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VRCResources View Post
    Hi Players,

    Thank you for trying out our courts during this free trials. Your comments and feedbacks were very important and useful for us. We are currently doing some rectification works to address these 2 main issues :

    1) Wind - Closing up the bottom part of the glass panels, erecting new glass panels at the back portion of the courts after the spectators' seating.

    2) Sunlight Glare - Installing motorised Dark Curtains to be used during the daylight.

    (Work should finish within this 2 weeks)

    A big thanks to those players who enjoyed playing in our concept hall "botanical garden" feel badminton hall.
    Hi All,

    Once again thank you for the valuable feedbacks and the encouraging comments.

    Work for the above have been completed -
    1) Glass panels have been erected and installed - Minimal "draft" in the court now whilst maintaning the green look of the court.

    2) Motorised curtain have been installed - Greatly reduced the sunlight glare during the day.

    3) More tables and chairs have been added to accomodate the growing crowd.

    4) Extended Playing Hours to 24 hours to cater for groups who plays at odd hours.

    For booking enquiries, kindly contact the Hotline No. - 017-2525 083

    Please come and try out the improved court.

    Thank you

  16. #33
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Subang Jaya
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VRCResources View Post
    Hi All,

    Once again thank you for the valuable feedbacks and the encouraging comments.

    Work for the above have been completed -
    1) Glass panels have been erected and installed - Minimal "draft" in the court now whilst maintaning the green look of the court.

    2) Motorised curtain have been installed - Greatly reduced the sunlight glare during the day.

    3) More tables and chairs have been added to accomodate the growing crowd.

    4) Extended Playing Hours to 24 hours to cater for groups who plays at odd hours.

    For booking enquiries, kindly contact the Hotline No. - 017-2525 083

    Please come and try out the improved court.

    Thank you


    Wahh.. 24 Hours ? ?

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    klang
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ehhh boss,your courts is so windy on thursday night. Although i enjoy playing curve shot, but i dont think this is a good sign if you dont take this problem seriously. thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5373
    : 07-26-2014, 08:36 AM
  2. Replies: 189
    : 04-23-2011, 06:16 AM
  3. Replies: 229
    : 12-15-2010, 03:31 AM
  4. Sessions @ Sunway Xtreme Park - South Quay
    By thlim78 in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 29
    : 04-30-2010, 02:55 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    : 04-22-2010, 07:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •