At 900p

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ZDavidC, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ZDavidC

ZDavidC Regular Member

High School Student
    Hey everyone, just wondering what is different with AT 900 P and Arcsaber 8DX, I'm thinking of getting AT 900P but not sure if I should.

Thanks

2. Many Ch0icez

Many Ch0icez Regular Member

Student
    Do you like head heavy and power oriented rackets . Control or defense rackets. Are you singles oriented or Doubles? How high is your play leve? AT900P is head heavy and a power racket as the name states. Not to sure about arc8dx . All I know is it is even balance.

3. ZDavidC

ZDavidC Regular Member

High School Student
    I perfer even balance to head heavy racquet. I like control and I play mostly doubles. Right now I have been playing for about 6 months so not much experince. Right now I playing with an Arcsaber 8DX.

4. Many Ch0icez

Student
    If you really want to buy a doubles racket That is actually a pretty damn good all round racket would be arc 10. Although if you've never tried a NS 9900 YY then try it ;) If you can ( I mean test it if able to ). How the ARC8DX doin ya ?

5. peenuts

peenuts Regular Member

changing your racket again wont help u much.

6. ZDavidC

ZDavidC Regular Member

High School Student
    I think I'm going to stick with my Arcsaber 8DX, I tried out a AT 900 P from a random guy lool. I didn't like it much, Arc8DX feels so much nicer to me. I'll just better with this racquet for the time being. Then maybe after I get to a better skill level I'll try out different racquet.

7. ZDavidC

ZDavidC Regular Member

High School Student

I don;t like the nanospeed series that much :confused:. The ARC8DX is really nice right now. Drives feel nice and smashing feels nice.....My friend tells me I have the wrist power just need to work on form more.

8. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    I think NS 9900 is a pretty crappy racket. Not the best for doubles and not the most powerful for singles. I have AT 900P as well. I think it's a powerful racket for singles but not for doubles as it's head heavy. These 2 of my YY rackets are mainly sitting in the corner collecting dust.

9. blackvictor

blackvictor Regular Member

Spending your money on coaching lessons may benefit you much more than pondering on which racket to get.

10. Many Ch0icez

Student
    I like my ns9900. I don't find it special but I was deciding between that and arc10. Now i know that I will never go in the NS series again. Although I can't say it's a crap racket. Since I am a slightly attacking player. Headlight just isn't for me. I'll see if arc10 is gettable . in lkike 3-4 years ;). But I don't know yet. I'm probably just not used to the racket

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

That makes a lot of sense :p Should have tried Arc7 (or 5) ;)

#11 demolidor, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  12. Many Ch0icez

Student
    WELL listen. See I play good with it. But i'm always questioning myself what If I had this racket. Would it be like this blah blah blah. With the number of rakcets out there . You're always questioning aren't you ? ;( Am I alone ^.^

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D You are not alone indeed! That's how we end up with way too many racquets ;).
    Although you could have started from the middle instead of going for the xtreme like 9900 ...

14. ace9988

ace9988 Regular Member

the AT900 is just that little bit too light for me...small strokes feel like sweeps because its light and it sorta effects my judgement regarding how much touch is needed on the net play (all bout patience and getting used to it), but my GOD! its powerful

15. Many Ch0icez

Student
    Demo . Yes I agree But i had already went into the middle range rackets for black knuight. Power channel 20 . But when you get middle range from yonex it's not all that great. I don't like all these other brands (APacs, pANDA POWER, Babolot , li ning) all these I ain't to fond of so I tried this. The next racket I'm getting is the arc 10 Or maybe the z slash in a couple years from now ;)