*HELP* what if somebody strung my racket with 20 main strings instead of 22?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by juderi, Apr 10, 2010.

1. juderi

juderi New Member

Apparently the guy hasn't done badminton stringing for a while. Would this change the shape of the racket / distribution of tension significantly enough over the years that I should try to push him into restringing the racket with new strings? It's strung with the last set of NBG95 I have, which I like, and I don't live at a place right now where I can get more of those easily or cheaply. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

2. juderi

juderi New Member

Btw, my racket is SOTX PowerBoss Woven 7i, which uses the standard stringing pattern, I assume.

3. chewablemorphin

chewablemorphin Regular Member

Lifeguard, and a little bit of autobody
    If the tension was un-evenly distributed it would be visible before the stringing was even complete, possibly breaking the racket during the process. If the head still looks normal it will not affect it in the long run. Seems like a non-issue to me, unless the racket head shape is uneven right now.

4. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Does it leave a significant gap on the sides? Also the tie-offs are on top instead of at the bottom of the head. Hmmm If there is no deformity there might not be a big difference. Unless U are a pro playing with high tensions, I think u can go along with it for a while. Good Luck.