Help me choose a racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by racketthrow1, Apr 11, 2010.

1. racketthrow1

racketthrow1 New Member

Student
    Hey guys. I'm sure you're all tired of seeing these kinds of posts :D, but I need help choosing a racket. So let me give you a little bit of my backround info... I'm a beginning player. I'm not a smash-a-holic but I do find smashing effective. For pretty much my entire "badminton life" I have been using a fake Yonex racket (the ones you find on Ebay). I enjoy running around the court alot, and I do take lessons. They are bi-annual, meaning two seasons a year and each season lasting I believe 6 weeks, with us meeting up once a week. I also sometimes just go play freely with my friends. I don't mind playing either doubles or singles, and I find my self to be more of an all-around player. My badminton teacher said I was progressing and he told me that he could get me an MMOA racket for around 80 dollars. I am unfamiliar with MMOA brand, so maybe you guys can shed some light on the subject. He said it was an advanced racket, so should I either buy like a beginning 40 dollar racket (I was kindof looking into Yonex's muscle power 5 and 7) or get the MMOA one which would last me a long time (hopefully)? Also if you guys could reccomend a racket, that would be good. I'm not looking for a really expensive one, meaning my budget would be up to 80 dollars. Thanks!