Trouble with badmintonforum web site

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Vdz, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

I am having trouble with badmintonforum web site. At work it used to be nice and fast whener I opened it but now it takes an age to open it. Have you guys got the same problem? and only happens to badmintonforum site other than this site they are still ok meaning nice and fast
    At home I am using dial-up ISp it is even faster than here at work. That is weird to me I thought it was about cookies it took it off it won't work.
    And I don't think its server, right! Kwun.
    So if any one of you has experienced this problem please tell me how to fix
    thanks a lot

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    So, u have problem with a network computer at work. According to my own experience, u may need to check the following:

1. Firewall - company may set firewall to prevent access in certain website

2. Permission of access - same as above.

3. Cookies - if u don't have ur own computer at work (with ur own user name to log in), it may take longer to "recognize" u.

4. Web Browser - in "option" or "perference", check how large is the "storage" for history data. Usually, huge storage will speed up surfing, but might result into "no update" for current data, since it's "history". Very small storage can make sure web page to be "refreshed" all the time, but generally take a little bit longer to "re-establish" the database.

5. Check ur computer's internet temp folder, see whether too much junk in there or not.

6. Check ur computer's speed (cpu, memory), if it happens to be a suck computer, hehehhehehe...

Good luck...

3. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

Thanks Lazybuddy for your try, I think it is the firewall, it can't stop me from getting thru but it slows me so much down. Especially attachment Oh man!! it seems stuck forever. I have no choice unfortunatelly, I have to cope with that till get a new job
    Have a nice week end

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well... there are people here who drive 3 hours to a badminton game, and there are people who endures slow connections to get to badmintonforum.com

you guys are awesome. :)

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

U talking about me??? I've experience both, since my clubs are far from home (35-50 miles), and I still use a dialup at home... :( :p