Why Indonesia Teams are not strong as before.

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by adhie, Apr 12, 2010.

1. adhie

adhie Regular Member

Just for sharing about news i got.

Some regional badminton associaton in indonesia feel disatisfied about seleknas result.

They have some reason:

1. all scouts weren't involved for choosing talented player. so for what PBSI have scouts.

2. PBSI didn't select women single player, so for what they made selection in women single player.

3.There is an individual importance from somebody who have power in organization.

4.It's like there was scenario while choosing some player. PBSI didn't use the system that they have, but they just used their policy.

Some regional associaton have already made protest to PBSI. some articles about this problem have been published in local sport newspaper.

now, they just wait what PBSI will do about this.

thanks
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just for sharing about news i got after PBSI pubslished some player selected in seleknas (national selection) 2010

Some regional badminton associaton in indonesia feel disatisfied about seleknas result.

They have some reason:

1. all scouts weren't involved for choosing talented player. so for what PBSI have scouts.

2. PBSI didn't select women single player, so for what they made selection in women single player.

3.There is an individual importance from somebody who have power in organization.

4.It's like there was scenario while choosing some player. PBSI didn't use the system that they have, but they just used their policy.

Some regional associaton have already made protest to PBSI. some articles about this problem have been published in local sport newspaper and also profesional playes such as Taufik Hidayat, commented about this problem.

now, they just wait what PBSI will do about this, but it seems PBSI don't give good respond.

thanks

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I followed the process [from outside the PBSI internal organization] as it slowly unfolded... I already warned them that their way of thinking is very flawed... Simply muddle-headed, in short.

As for the singles player selection champ who was not accepted... actually I already heard even before the selection started that there is a big possibility they will not take in any WS player from the pool of seleknas participants. Before the national selection started, representatives from PBSI verbally communicated this to the participants. "Even the Seleknas Winner might not get in", they said [verbally].......... But the PBSI management failed to say everything in writing. Thus, when in the end they eventually did not take in any WS players [including the seleknas winner], all Hell broke loose... Many fingers were pointed at PBSI for failing to perform a transparent selection process...

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Maybe someone with power should talk to the Minister of sports to reform the current PBSI into a new PBSI.

4. adhie

adhie Regular Member

yeah, sure.

i heard, if PBSI won't take action in near future. somebody want to meet the chief of indonesian badminton, Mr. Djoko. they want to urge him making reformation in PBSI.

i also heard that the chairman of coaching and achievement, Mr.Lius Pongoh was fired. i don't know exactly why he was fired. now, PBSI looks for another person who can handle it.

i hope, PBSI will give a good reaction for positive result.

thanks

5. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    And who is this 'somebody'?:confused:

6. adhie

adhie Regular Member

i cannot tell about this. but i am really sure, somebody who really care in indonesian badminton.

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I don't think Lius is fired yet... :p

Don't be too sure about that... :rolleyes: :p ;)

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..related article here (post #241):
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33027&page=15

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I think you should ask "that person"...I have checked with some and no one hears about it..so it is so strange how that person is so sure about this ..firing....

10. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    IMO nowadays indo-chinese parents not giving chance to their children to become pro badminton player..why??cause small prize money,no old day guarantee..
    this is one point why INA not strong as before
    not only indo-chinese,even a baddy star TH wont let his children to become pro baddy..
    i didn't mean any offense here..we had good players from local-indo too..like sigit,taufik,rexy

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Wait til 2012 or just after that..

..imo, for the Men's side, the balance of power will shift once Lin Dan, BCL and FHF & CY retire from CHN squad..once those 4 veterans retire, then it'll be up to their young, up & coming teammates to bring home the goods..and they are yet to be proven..
    By 2012, the INA Men's squad (as well as other countries' squad) could have as great a chance as the CHN squad, esp. playing in team events..

For the Women's side, it'll still be tough to break them..

#11 ctjcad, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  12. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Yah...
    The new players arent doing any damages at all with their robotic techniques....
    Even in 2004 GWJ managed to beat Gade but hes completely gone now and Li Yu, Zhu Weilun were quite good too then...

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

In 2012, INA Thomas Cup MS is hopefully composed of:
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro - he might still have a couple more years to go in his career by then.

Simon Santoso - matured enough to take on first singles responsibility

Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka - hopefully a top 10 player by then

Riyanto Subagja - mid-table range hopefully

What I hope to see will be the young doubles pairs maturing enough so that we have a decent shot at the Thomas Cup in 2014. In particular:
    Rendy Sugiarto - being tested with Afiat Yuris Wirawan at the moment...both are still young right now and should be in their prime in 2014.

Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputra - will be 24 in 2014

Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan - ditto.

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

For the thread question; I say there are several factors

1. We have to admid that CHN (or maybe also a few other countries) produce more very good players than before, in other words INA face stronger competition and as a result worsen result

2. We see that in INA now there are more interest in sport by the public in general. In comparison to the past where participation in badminton is very strong (especially in country side), these days badminton has to compete with futsal, football, basketball, golf, etc for the best talents

3. Lack of media and govt support. Its no secret that INA TVs broadcast live tons of football matches (with all its big sponsors) whereas very few super series made it to even the news paper. Its so sad given the fact that badminton is the sport that bring pride and joy to the country for decades.
    There is also almost no incentive from the govt for the development of the sports, therefore clubs are left alone to survive from members/parents contributions. Thats exactly why club like Djarum produce so many good player because they have the financial backing from big company.
    In comparison to how much CHN or MAS govt spend on badminton development, INA govt spends only peanuts

4. Finally, let that easy going mentality go (thats not us). I suspect too many young players idolised TH and trying to copy his style and end up being too relax in playing style. Only TH can be TH, other INA players need to go back to our root of playing badminton with great passion. No doubt that technically INA players are amongs the best, but its been awhile since last time i saw agressiveness especially in MS. In the current scoring method rally is less important

15. nitabluez

nitabluez Regular Member

Worker
    At Sudirman Cup 2011, Indonesian players showed their best.. There were no Taufik Hidayat, Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan, and Liliyana Natsir, but Indonesia could hang on till semifinals.. So, hopefully this June on Singapore SS and Indonesia Premier SS, Indonesian players can be better :D