How do you play against?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by SportsFanatic10, Apr 13, 2010.

1. SportsFanatic10

SportsFanatic10 Regular Member

A person who drop shots a lot?

A person who tips a lot?

A person who smashes a lot?

A person who is a good, all around player?

2. TheExpert101

TheExpert101 Regular Member

Labatory
    A person who drop shots a lot? I lift it and don't drop back,cuz they good at drops.

A person who tips a lot?Clear all the time

A person who smashes a lot? Try to control thier smashes + they get tired ez

A person who is a good, all around player? GO ALL OUT

3. Crynge

Crynge Regular Member

if the person drops alot, then stand just a little bit closer to the net and try to kill or drop it back, if you just lift it then they might just drop it back

if they smash alot then block the smash and use flat lifts so they dont have alot of time to get into a good position

4. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    Try not to play to their pace. If you're outclassed, then that's that...

If both of you decide to play a slow game, make sure you're moving him and he's not moving you. If he's moving you, try to play faster shots and push the pace. Against drops, if you can take it earlier, play to the net, if not try to mess up his rhythm. For clears, clear him back if you can, if he's too fast, I would play a straight drop for a reset, or a cross-court if I want to attack/or know he won't play a good return. For smashes a lot, if your defence is good, let him attack himself to death. If he's hitting winners, you can't let him smash (push him around or smash yourself). If he's good all around, you have to use your strength to win points. Find something you are better than him at, and keep doing it until he adapts. Then change to something else when he learns. The above should work unless you are very out-classed, or play at a relatively high level and all my advice is irrelevant.

5. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

Hold on, could someone please explain what tipping is? ie. "A person who tips a lot?"

6. nprince

nprince Regular Member

Engineer
    Changing pace and breaking his composure usually works well.

I try not to play to mu opponents strengths. If you see that my opponents is good at smash, don't feed him with easy smashable clears. If some body likes to play a net game and good at it, you may want to keep him as away as possible.

One exception is, if you know that your oponents love for a particular shot, feed him and be ready for it. For eg. give a high life expecting a drop and be ready to net kill. If you suceed, he will have doubt before playing his best shot next time.

And as BethuneGuy said, changing pace works good. If your opponents are on a run (Winning a few points continuously) try something different. Use a very loopy and high clear and you will have enough time to get your composure back and some time's they may mishit also, which will give you an opportunity to get back to the game.
    Prince

7. saifiii

saifiii Regular Member

for a dropper, bias my weight forward.
    for a smasher, force them to the net and pressurise their rare court movement to make em play late.
    great player, try and force him to play shots that i can attack( im strong at the net)