User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard Cisco was leading by 11:20, so it was an 11 straight points win. Either way, it was a great win for Oracle.
    There was no doubt Oracle, EBay, and Cisco all had very strong team.

The tournament was very well run. Great jobs to the organizers. I connected with some old pals and made some new ones on that day. Looking forward to BACBC 2011.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What were the final standings for all the teams?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Div A:
    1st: Oracle
    2nd: eBay
    3rd: Cisco
    4th: Intel

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fourdims View Post
    Wow, you beat the EBay mixed doubles?! That is a great achievement. I went there late and missed this one. I did see you played in the final of B Group.

Oracle beat EBay's mixed double because Oracle's female player was much better than EBay's female player. From what I saw yesterday, your partner was ok but not particular strong. That means you must have played a heck of game. Congratulations! If you have a video, it will be nice for us to watch. The male player of EBay's mixed double is really really good. I heard that he was a member of Vietnam's national team.
    yes we did.

it was quite a coup for me personally. we played the right strategy by mainly hitting to the ebay's lady who actually is a good player but was a bit overworked by us. we tried pushing everything down and Luc didn't get more than a handful of chances to smash.

my partner during the ebay match was different than the one in the final. she was a little bit weaker than my final partner and a lot weaker than the ebay girl but she really rose to the occasion. many times she nailed the shuttle right at Luc's head. she really played 150% that match and was instrumental to our win. i am so proud of her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Congratulations Oracle.

They held their nerve well, and closed out well to take the trophy home.
    The standard of play in the tournament was really high considering the participants are all non-badminton professionals.
    The tournament really had the feel and atmosphere like a Thomas/Uber cup environment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it's like Sudirman Cup, Co-Ed team members :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations also to NVIDIA.

Their team looked very professional and did well to get the B Division first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    yes we did.

it was quite a coup for me personally. we played the right strategy by mainly hitting to the ebay's lady who actually is a good player but was a bit overworked by us. we tried pushing everything down and Luc didn't get more than a handful of chances to smash.

my partner during the ebay match was different than the one in the final. she was a little bit weaker than my final partner and a lot weaker than the ebay girl but she really rose to the occasion. many times she nailed the shuttle right at Luc's head. she really played 150% that match and was instrumental to our win. i am so proud of her.
    I watched part of the game Kwun played against EBay's XD. It was a real exciting game. Great job Kwun for beating the top pair.
    NVidia's team shirt was very nice and team spirit was high. They get the top price for loudest cheers for their team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i'm still searching for the answer..

..but can someone explained to me the difference between Div. A and Div. B?..are they based on levels of play?..if not, based on what?..if Oracle won Div. A (beating Ebay), how could Ebay play Nvidia who won Div. B, in the playoff rd.?..or i'm missing something??..
    thanks in advance..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-25-2010 at 03:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you missed post #12.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed all the final actions due to other commitments. Hopefully, the tournament committee had also planned (and executed) video recordings of all the Finals (and possibly SF) and would upload perhaps to Youtube for sharing. I'm sure a lot of us would like to view and would very much enjoy them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong View Post
    Yes, you missed post #12.
    ..i read that post, but was thrown off a bit after reading fourdims' posts..
    anyway, i figured it out now: kwun's team was playing eBay in the group play not in the playoff. At the very least kwun's team can go home knowing they beat the runners-up team..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..i read that post, but was thrown off a bit after reading fourdims' posts..
    anyway, i figured it out now: kwun's team was playing eBay in the group play not in the playoff. At the very least kwun's team can go home knowing they beat the runners-up team..
    I am sorry if I misled you. I dont know where I misled you though.

Actually, although Kwun won his XD match against EBay his team lost to EBay. Otherwise, NVidia would be in Division A instead of B.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually, although Kwun won his XD match against EBay his team lost to EBay. Otherwise, NVidia would be in Division A instead of B.
    right. it would be an outright daydream for us to beat ebay. the skill level difference is just too much at this point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..i got somewhat thrown off after reading your 2 posts, on the previous page...anyway, it's clear now..
    ..i jumped to conclusion on kwun's team's result...Actually, not knowing the overall strength of the 4 teams in the group, Nvidia could still end up in Div. B even if they had won against eBay (best they'll end up with a 1-2 record). And eBay could still end up in Div. A even if they had lost to Nvidia (worst they end up with a 2-1 record). Top 2 teams move to Div. A and the rest to Div. B. (3-0, 2-1, 1-2, 0-3)
    Last edited by ctjcad; 05-25-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

right. it would be an outright daydream for us to beat ebay. the skill level difference is just too much at this point.
    ..i got somewhat thrown off after reading your 2 posts, on the previous page...anyway, it's clear now..
    ..i jumped to conclusion on kwun's team's result...Actually, not knowing the overall strength of the 4 teams in the group, Nvidia could still end up in Div. B even if they had won against eBay (worst they'll end up with a 1-2 record). And eBay could still end up in Div. A even if they had lost to Nvidia (worst they end up with a 2-1 record). Top 2 teams move to Div. A and the rest to Div. B. (3-0, 2-1, 1-2, 0-3)
    i will say it again, it would be a daydream for us at this point to win against ebay. the actual score for the matches are:

MD1: 21-6 / 21-11
    MD2: 21-11 / 21-12
    MD3: 21-15 / 15-21 / 20-22
    WD: 21-6 / 21-8
    XD: 19-21 / 21-17 / 20-22

so as you see, for the matches that we won, we just scraped it. the rest are not even close.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

..i jumped to conclusion on kwun's team's result...Actually, not knowing the overall strength of the 4 teams in the group, Nvidia could still end up in Div. B even if they had won against eBay (worst they'll end up with a 1-2 record). And eBay could still end up in Div. A even if they had lost to Nvidia (worst they end up with a 2-1 record). Top 2 teams move to Div. A and the rest to Div. B. (3-0, 2-1, 1-2, 0-3)
    i will say it again, it would be a daydream for us at this point to win against ebay. the actual score for the matches are:

MD1: 21-6 / 21-11
    MD2: 21-11 / 21-12
    MD3: 21-15 / 15-21 / 20-22
    WD: 21-6 / 21-8
    XD: 19-21 / 21-17 / 20-22

so as you see, for the matches that we won, we just scraped it. the rest are not even close.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast