Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Li Ning Open April 16-18
04-16-2010, 12:58 PM #1
Li Ning Open April 16-18
Why hasnt anybody posted about this tournament? $15,000 Starts today at 6:30 pm!
04-19-2010, 05:43 AM #2
A bit of what i saw..
..the total prize money came out to be around $17,000ish..
MS top prize was around $750
WS top prize was around ???
MD top prize was around $1800
WD top prize was around $1000
XD top prize was around $1500
There were also money prizes given for the other different events' winners.
- Went to Day 2 & Day 3 and the place was packed wall to wall. I heard there were over 300+ participants.
- Saw injuries to a couple of participants. One was a badly sprained ankle and the other a dislocated pinkie joint caused a brief stoppage. Then another person had to receive a bit of attention on Day 3.
- The MD Semifinal matches were somewhat interesting. Halim & Phillip C. almost pulled one out in the 3rd game, but a risky flick serve by Halim, which went just long, clinched a Final spot for Lee HL & Trisna G.
- Saw the Final matches of the MS & WS and partial XD and WD matches.
In the XD match, Halim & Grace lost for the umpteenth time in a row to Howard & Eva after winning the 1st game. From what i heard and noticed, Halim & Grace sort of "let up" in the 2nd game. In the 3rd game, it was reminiscent of their U.S. Nationals' XD Final match: full of errors. The last time Halim & Grace won over Howard & Eva was back in 2008 U.S. Open Semifinals Rd.
Then in the MS Final match, it was a rematch of last week's U.S. Nationals. It was no different as Lee HL's speed and court movements were just too much.
In the WS, Nicole Grether staved off a hard fought affair against Lili Zhou.
In the WD match, it was just too much power from Nicole and Charmaine. Eva & Jamie tried their best in the 2nd game to target Charmaine.
- Parking on both days seem to be a bit of an issue. Hopefully in the future, whenever they hold another tourney, they'll be able to handle the parking issue better. Perhaps they can find someone to stand-by outside and act as a parking monitor (collect car keys for those who park right behind cars).
- Hope to see some pics as i saw a couple or so BC folks snapping pics.
- Hope to see some videos of the Finals matches.
- Li-Ning booth was there, but didn't see Mike Yang.
Results & scores:
Last edited by ctjcad; 04-19-2010 at 05:52 AM.
04-23-2010, 02:14 AM #3
By chris-ccc in forum Australian Open / India Open / Malaysia GP Gold 2011Replies: 15: 04-26-2011, 05:53 AM
By Gicutzu in forum Australian Open / India Open / Malaysia GP Gold 2011Replies: 113: 04-11-2011, 08:56 PM
By upbeatppl in forum USA WestReplies: 2: 04-11-2011, 02:40 AM
By etudiant in forum Australian Open / India Open / Malaysia GP Gold 2011Replies: 157: 04-08-2011, 03:36 AM
By ViningWolff in forum Canada WestReplies: 29: 04-22-2007, 07:04 PM