User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

GrandMaster LB get time for posting? Isn't he very busy with the other half now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk View Post
    I meant the 1000 is being phased out. You didn't specify the model so I didn't either, it was just assumed when you said best selling machine of all time. The fact that they made the 1500 model means that most likely the 1000 will eventually be phased out.

Just because millions of racquets have been strung on it doesn't make it the industry standard today. All professional tennis players want their racquets done on ECP and all pro-shops I know of that are profitable have gone to electronic machines as well. Nostalgia isn't going to make it the industry standard again.

Even if I didn't know anything about different stringing machines, hardly gives you the right to question my ability as a stringer. I just have to know mine and I do quite well. Ignorant one seems to be yourself though, because you clearly haven't addressed the issue I brought up of constant pull. Just didn't want a fellow stringer to buy a machine that they wouldn't be fully satisfied with as I've gone down that route already.
    I stand by my statement, you ovbiously don't know much about stringing outside outside of your little world. Everyone in the industry knows that while constant pull machines have their advantages, millions of people have strung with crank machines with great success. An experienced stringer can string on either machine, it's just a matter of getting to know your clients and your budget. If you knew anything about pro athletes you would know they are the least educated about string methods. They just want something reproducable, and that can be done on either machine. A big constant pull machine like a Babolat appeals visually to the walk in retail amateur client.

I string on a Star 5 because I prefer the advantages of a constant pull machine, but I would never denegrate my fellow stringers who prefer the speed and simplicity of a Neos 1000.

No serious volume stringer would use a drop weight machine. If you string at tournaments you would see that it's either a constant pull machine or a prince Neos, never a drop weight.

I'd be the first to say that I can't produce a better product with my Star 5 than a great stringer with a good crank like a Neos. I think you need to stick to your drop weights at home stringing your own rackets. I'm sure you can do a good job. Just don't expect serious players to take you seriously.

Are you a member of the Untied States Racquet Stringers Association? Are you even certified to string rackuets? Get an education in stringing and then come back and talk to us about stringing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehinder View Post
    I stand by my statement, you ovbiously don't know much about stringing outside outside of your little world. Everyone in the industry knows that while constant pull machines have their advantages, millions of people have strung with crank machines with great success. An experienced stringer can string on either machine, it's just a matter of getting to know your clients and your budget. If you knew anything about pro athletes you would know they are the least educated about string methods. They just want something reproducable, and that can be done on either machine. A big constant pull machine like a Babolat appeals visually to the walk in retail amateur client.

I string on a Star 5 because I prefer the advantages of a constant pull machine, but I would never denegrate my fellow stringers who prefer the speed and simplicity of a Neos 1000.

No serious volume stringer would use a drop weight machine. If you string at tournaments you would see that it's either a constant pull machine or a prince Neos, never a drop weight.

I'd be the first to say that I can't produce a better product with my Star 5 than a great stringer with a good crank like a Neos. I think you need to stick to your drop weights at home stringing your own rackets. I'm sure you can do a good job. Just don't expect serious players to take you seriously.

Are you a member of the Untied States Racquet Stringers Association? Are you even certified to string rackuets? Get an education in stringing and then come back and talk to us about stringing.
    Of your entire rant, the bolded text was the only thing I could find that wasn't entirely your skewed opinion or bogus all together.

FYI I own both a dropweight and ECP. I use the dropweight 90% of the time because it's simple and the results are the best. The ECP is just for show and if I really need to crank out racquets. Every week I have "serious players" who have had enough of their jobs being done on a manual and loving my string jobs because of constant pull and probably my attention to detail.

It's funny how you assume I only have a dropweight because I advocate it. Or being a member of USRSA makes you a good stringer. Or all pros have no clue about stringing. Or serious players won't go to a stringer using drop weight.

I think that'll be my cue to stay out of this thread because clearly you don't like to reason and you don't like to hear other opinions so this will get nowhere. BCF has always been a friendly community for me so I'll leave it that way. It just makes me wonder why you even bothered to post on a forum when you seem to prefer to reject rather than listen to opinions, and you prefer to put down other people who are taking time out of their lives to give you a hand, just because they respectfully disagree with your opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure I understand these USRSA thing, let's hope it stay in US and don't extend it to Badminton world.

Having certification is one thing but if the association (USRSA) determine who can string a badminton racket is another thing.

Just my 2 cents...I like my drop wt. machine and have no USRSA, and don't care abt it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2