User Tag List

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

players have different rhythm for their development. It depends on who's pushing under if they are to be allowed to stay a bit longer. ZN's case is an example.
    Last edited by renbo; 12-13-2010 at 01:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so in the Korean Open WZM makes the quarters as expected .

I wonder if he can get better scores than CL against LCW.

I hope he can just play with nothing to lose and use it as a benchmark of his development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good fight from WZM against LCW in KO, 14-21,19-21, losing in the last 2 points in 2nd set after 19 all

no chance to watch but it could be :

1) WZM's style is suited to play LCW
    2) LCW was playing chess with CBA and was at cruising speed
    3) LCW not in good form today.

Encouraging results for WZM! Well on his way I'm sure.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Good fight from WZM against LCW in KO, 14-21,19-21, losing in the last 2 points in 2nd set after 19 all

no chance to watch but it could be :

1) WZM's style is suited to play LCW
    2) LCW was playing chess with CBA and was at cruising speed
    3) LCW not in good form today.

Encouraging results for WZM! Well on his way I'm sure.
    4) Inexperience. Inability to grasp the brass ring when it's right in front of your nose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately he lost to the king of badminton now, lee chong wei of malaysia just now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Unfortunately he lost to the king of badminton now, lee chong wei of malaysia just now
    The king of Badminton ? How many World Championships has LCW won ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take it easy, LCW has the right to be king at the moment,at least for 2010.

That situation may change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone post the match so I can watch it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Lin Dan is GOD of badminton.. agree with me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Lin Dan is GOD of badminton.. agree with me?
    ok agreed !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    Take it easy, LCW has the right to be king at the moment,at least for 2010.

That situation may change.
    Actually in the history books Lin Dans win in Asian Games and CJ gold in the world championships 2010, will probably be more important..

I think 2011 may be the year for LCW! He's been trying so hard to catch LD and giving it the all to reah LDs level of play. He has been getting closer and closer, and with the hunger to become "real" number one, pushes him even further.. Apart from LD he has surpassed ALL other players, and it seems like LD is relaxing and starting to think of his retirement from now on, so focus is not 100%. As LD may be slipping LCW mey be dominant 2011 (WC and possibly grand slam at premier superseries), and with renewed self confidence he will be hungry for London 2012 :-)

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh? What's a world champion? You mean like CJ? So what sort of standard is a world champion to lose to or not dare to play LCW?

But WZM is also a dream to look at. Probably gotta wait 3 or 4 years for him to be WR1. The female fan base will be unlimited!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Huh? What's a world champion? You mean like CJ? So what sort of standard is a world champion to lose to or not dare to play LCW?
    At least CJ can win the WC. He might bit be playing well at the moment, but that can be perhaps down to the injury he sustained when he played Tien Chou Chen of TPE, in China SS. How on earth can you say that CJ deliberatly lost to WZM, that's quite disrespectful towards WZM. I am pretty sure that LYB would have made this match a fair match, seeing as this tournament has the most prize money, and also the fact that he will probably want to assess WZM to see what he is like against the other top players in tournaments.

WZM has tons of potential, and he has great coaches and facilities as well as sparing partners, so that his talent can be fully utilized.

In a few years, I would expect WZM, Tago, Pisit (from Thailand) and Axelsen to be the ones who are pushing for titles, as well as Evert, from Indonesia, and H.S. Prannoy from India. As well as a few other Juniors players that are coming through the ranks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least CJ can win the WC. He might bit be playing well at the moment, but that can be perhaps down to the injury he sustained when he played Tien Chou Chen of TPE, in China SS. How on earth can you say that CJ deliberatly lost to WZM, that's quite disrespectful towards WZM. I am pretty sure that LYB would have made this match a fair match, seeing as this tournament has the most prize money, and also the fact that he will probably want to assess WZM to see what he is like against the other top players in tournaments.

WZM has tons of potential, and he has great coaches and facilities as well as sparing partners, so that his talent can be fully utilized.

In a few years, I would expect WZM, Tago, Pisit (from Thailand) and Axelsen to be the ones who are pushing for titles, as well as Evert, from Indonesia, and H.S. Prannoy from India. As well as a few other Juniors players that are coming through the ranks.
    As you well know, the prize money portion doesn't factor into whether CBA/LYB deems a tournament important or not. Their goals have been been well documented–win the majors, culminating in OG gold in 2012. All other tournaments are stepping stones and experiments for them to achieve their objective. While you're noble in suggesting WZM is being disrespected, it's more than likely he's been given a free pass as part of the bigger picture. Sorry to say you're fighting a losing battle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So was BCL vs DPY fixed as well ? (actually this is more likely with the record that BCL has against Tago, DPY seemed and proved to be the better choice)

I still think WZM won with some sort of fairness though. If you look at his performance today against LCW, he was only 2 points away from taking LCW the full distance. Maybe CJ was advised to "take it easy" bearing in mind he is coming back from an injury.

Anyway he has tons of potential (WZM) and I am sure he will win some GP events this year.

Off topic: look how strong the draw is this week, WZM is 35 in the world and he still had to go through qualification !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post

But WZM is also a dream to look at. Probably gotta wait 3 or 4 years for him to be WR1. The female fan base will be unlimited!
    If you read up records or books on badminton achievements they will always use as benchmarks the Olympics or World championships to commemorate past champions .That's why these are the tournaments all players want to win.
    They will not compile a list of BWF world no 1.
    I think the current world no,.1 in WD are the Taiwanese pair.LCW has won so many SS in a row, he is the SS king,but it won't
    be recorded in history records as it is currently not a method of measurement officially.

Its sth like one may be the best employee in the world but the boss may not recognise one's efforts and put one in the highest positions because one doesn't have the paper qualifications.

I think it is a waste of time to argue who is better , over a period of years LD has been able to accumulate titles to reach his legendary status (as explained by 2 Beer), LCW is the king at the moment and is trying to get at least a biggie to add his name to the list of legends. LD is past his prime but is still able to give scintillating displays once in a while because he is unique in skills,reading and anticipation, his achievements at present have trickled off but he has previous official records to back his legendary status.
    WZM may look good against LD but he may not fare well against other players.
    Last edited by Bbn; 01-28-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinon, Wang Zhengming not even at the level of chen jin and chen long.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast