User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    I said you were right. I remember LD have his debut show at Demark open in 2000, He and Bao CL defeated all the stars that time, and met at the final. After that, LD won a lot, became the 1st in the ranking quickly. It should have been 2001 that he had enough time and tournaments to build his ranking points...........he was a high school student when he won the world junior championship. Now he's probably 20 years old.
    You said I was right, but then said he was No.1 before CH(meaning I was wrong), I haven't checked in detail, but I don't think he was. His first senior title was Korea 2002, he Lost to BCL in 2001 Denmark open Final. I am 99% sure he wasn't No.1 until 2003/4. Roslin Was No.1 in 2001.....

You said in post#5 "Here is his basic info: he's a high school student in the ZhanJiang city, which is the south most city in mainland China". This -to me- means he is currently at High school.

Please make posts a bit more coherent & accurate......

Neverthe less we have now established he is 20, I cannot comment on him as I haven't, but still think we should wait until 22 to se if he is the next big thing.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Du Pengyu defeated Tago at 2010 swiss open 2:0 ( 21-12, 21-18), I didn't see Du Pengyu the next super star. Even though Wang beat Tago 2:1, but the way Wang's playing make me think he's a totally different player than Du Peng Yu and Tago. I have seen too many players playing like Du Pengyu or Tago, but few like Wang ZM. Actually Wang ZM reminds me Zhao JH.
    let see how zmw handle ld tonite before making your major declaration. He has yet beaten a top player, while JOJ, NTM, chen long have taken out lcw once before.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With badminton, and new players the thing is that these players come from a situation where they are winning, so they are confident, they are also young, which generally means they are also more confident. They also have the comfort of having been able to study their opponents thoroughly beforehand & have their coaches advice on how to beat them.

The players they play are generally older, used to playing better players than themselves (except LD, LCW for example) & thus are likely to have a lower confidence level. Combine thi with the fact that they have no idea how there opponent plays, there good shots, there weak shots, there timings etc.. means they are at a disadvantage.

We need to give young players at least 2 yrs playing senior tournaments before we can make judgements as this is the stage at which most players will have played the young player & seen him play a lot more too. The young player will have lost some matches he should have won & won some he mybe should have lost, he has realised how tough it is too.

This is the reason why often young players are put into maybe 2 tournaments in a row, then pulled back to training for a few months, in order to assess there level, then work on any weaknesses found, as if they keep playing tournaments they have no time to improve themselves & successive defeats cn knock confidence terminally & give experienced opponents a psychological edge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look closely at the chinese player play-styles, WZM's play style slightly resembles LD, his shots and movement xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely in the BAC Tago was out of form and against WZM he seemed to play the wrong tactics.

On all round skills and speed alone, WZM reminds us of the point in time when ZJH appeared and beat Liem Swie King and Frost in 1985 and had everyone gasping at the speed and wide range of strokes and skills.

On skills and athletic ability alone, WZM seems to match say Yang Yang or Lin Dan
    or even Liem Swie King in big smashing.

Dont know if he will make it as he needs a good mentor and brains , but I am sure
    he will be an exciting player to watch. Any weaknesses will probably be exposed by LD
    this evening. Maybe more flaws will be detected when he plays oldies like Gade or LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On checking the WJC in wiki, it is amazing to notice that most of the players in the finals in the BAC were medalists in WJC 2008 or 2007 ,WZM was boy's champion in 2008.
    Kenichi was runner-up to Chen Long in 2007.
    Also the 2 ladies in BAC finals were also medalists in 2007,2008 together with Wang Shi Xian.
    They are actually not new to competition.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Zhengming can be considered the next Lin dan , unless he beat Lee Chong Wei!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Zhengming never clears, or drop in his match with Tago. What he does is just raw power. He has trouble finding the lines in the second game, which let Tago win it. Wang Zhengming has a long way to go, unless I see him performing well in the next few tournaments, I think he will not be one of the top 10 anytime soon. The only accomplished player he has beat is Tago, and Tago Kenichi has yet to win a title.

I'll see his performance against Lin Dan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flexsis View Post
    If you look closely at the chinese player play-styles, WZM's play style slightly resembles LD, his shots and movement xD
    yup, that is why tago made the mistake of trying to play like taufik when he should instead emulate LD instead

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u guys are so high
    anyway
    suetyan is been proven correct
    i am waiting for tian hou wei
    and
    thw is better than wzm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

many people have seen many Chinese young players playing international tournaments, Chen Long, Du Peng yu, Qie Yanbo, Li Yu, Lu Yi, Gong Wanjie, Lu Qichen, Gao Huan, Wen Kai..., but none of them have the caliber of Lin Dan, I am sure none of them can reach the same height as Lin Dan. They even cannot catch up with Bao CL and Chen Jin.

Searching outside China, I cannot find any promising young star either. When was the first time Lin Dan grabbed the 1st ranking in the world? I believe it was in the year 2000 when using 9x5 scoring system. Now 10 years past, it's still Lin Dan, Bao CL, Lee CW and even Taufik and Peter Gade! where are the kids born younger than Lin Dan generation?

Super star like Zhao JH, Lin Dan were made when they were born. It's so disappointed that there is no super star younger than Lin Dan in the current badminton battlefield.

I almost lost my interest in badminton by watching all those old faces until I saw Wang Zheng Ming from China. Although he has not got many showing in the tournaments, he's the guy who has the caliber of Lin Dan and Zhao JH. I have predicted this first when I saw the China national games' badminton competition, now from the Asian game, I am sure i'm right. When Lin Dan finally phases out, it will be Zheng Ming Wang's era. He's a natural born winner as Lin Dan, and Zhao JH.

Even though, Zheng Ming Wang is not in the first team of China, but those guys in the first team, Chen Long, Du Peng yu, Gao Huan .. will soon be forgotten. Tago will be top 10 in the ranking, but hard for him to grab a title.

As his name Wang indicates, Wang means "the King". Zheng Ming Wang will be the next super king. That's my prediction.
    no, Wang Zhengming is in the first team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    u guys are so high
    anyway
    suetyan is been proven correct
    i am waiting for tian hou wei
    and
    thw is better than wzm
    wow, why do u think THW is better than WZM? haha... but I think the different way.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    wow, why do u think THW is better than WZM? haha... but I think the different way.
    hehe
    u will know in 5 years time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hehe
    u will know in 5 years time
    maybe both also good la. haha.. maybe there will be two Lin Dan in 5 years time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I saw this guy performance in the final of National Junior Championship against Chen Yuekun, I already can predict that he is a talented guy and he has huge potential in the future. Although he missed the first ticket to promote to the first team (due to injury), but then he able to grab the second chance after 3 months. He is surely a guy to watch in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Biodata

Source

Name: Wang Zhengming 王睁茗
    Nationality: China
    S3x: Male
    Province: Guang Dong
    DOB: 16-2-1990
    Height: 1.83m

Major achievements:
    2005 National Junior BD Champion
    2006 National Junior BD Champion
    2007 National Junior BS Champion
    2008 National Junior BS Champion
    2009 National Junior BS Champion

2007 Asian Junior BS Champion
    2008 World Junior BS Champion

More readings:

【一茗惊人 谁羽睁峰】
    90后小将王睁茗潜力无限 为何说他是林丹接班人

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW said long time ago (2008) he is vary of Wang and he said this is the youngster to watch. But he is no LD maybe in the mold of BCL albeit slight better. When I say he is not LD is that he doesnt have the LD style. But he is more ZJH in style and BCL. Hopefully not BCL's temperament. China always produces young champions and towards the end of 2011 you will see Wang winning SS or maybe AE. WC maybe not yet. I just lament that our backup MS have to return to play 3rd fiddle like we have in the late 90s before Wong and LCW showed up

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast