2007 National Junior BS Champion
    2008 National Junior BS Champion
    2009 National Junior BS Champion

2007 Asian Junior BS Champion
    2008 World Junior BS Champion

More readings:

【一茗惊人 谁羽睁峰】
    90后小将王睁茗潜力无限 为何说他是林丹接班人
    Bd Champion too? That explains the hard smash, solid defence and deft net play and drives. I think he is equally good in doubles and singles like Peter Gade in the 70s or Park Joo Bong or wonderkid Lee Yong Dae.
    Let's hope he is focused in his direction or he may end up like Cai Yun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the match. He's sure going to be an interesting one to watch! Actually I like both his and Kenichi Tago's styles although they are quite different. Definitely both top of my list of youngsters to keep an eye on. It's interesting he's so slim... but has such a lethal smash. Is it height that makes the difference? Anyway he's far more interesting than Chen Long, so I do hope he'll eventually make it to China's no. 1 MS.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Wang Zhengming never clears, or drop in his match with Tago. What he does is just raw power. He has trouble finding the lines in the second game, which let Tago win it. Wang Zhengming has a long way to go, unless I see him performing well in the next few tournaments, I think he will not be one of the top 10 anytime soon. The only accomplished player he has beat is Tago, and Tago Kenichi has yet to win a title.

I'll see his performance against Lin Dan.

On the first point, Chen Hong played similar at first, thinking only attack will do, going for lines.

On the 2nd, surely Shoji sato is classed as an accomplished player? Top 20 for many years, solid & experienced? Then he beat a team mate of his, who should have been briefed on his game.

On the third - Again how can we judge on his performance against LD? LD is a legend of the game, who has won everything (almost), he is, as you state a raw talent. Give him a few years first!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    maybe both also good la. haha.. maybe there will be two Lin Dan in 5 years time.
    hehe
    good news for china
    bad new for other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    hehe
    good news for china
    bad new for other
    i said before, more headaches for lcw, misbun and rashid. Now i should add limsy name too Now you're in the same camp as those former MS players

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i said before, more headaches for lcw, misbun and rashid. Now i should add limsy name too Now you're in the same camp as those former MS players
    if CHN were to have two Lin Dan (WZM, THW) in the future, then MAS must have two Lee Chong Wei in order to beat the two Lin Dan. But, who can be the two for MAS? limsy should be able to answer this for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    if CHN were to have two Lin Dan (WZM, THW) in the future, then MAS must have two Lee Chong Wei in order to beat the two Lin Dan. But, who can be the two for MAS? limsy should be able to answer this for us.
    let me kindly correct u
    major titles vs major titles, MAS need to find 5 lcw for every 1 LD equivalent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hints are there when LD retires, who would be his next idol.

Btw mr. cooler, have you got his poster on your wall yet?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Zhengming current WR is #254, being BAC runner-up will upgrade his WR significantly. After good result in BAC, possibly he may compete in some upcoming GP Gold tourneys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    The hints are there when LD retires, who would be his next idol.

Btw mr. cooler, have you got his poster on your wall yet?
    -the BF/BC staff would be very happy if u stay on for 5 more years so u can read my profile lah

- try reading page 1&2 and find out lah...
    don't try to be another pbmM me too lah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is too early to say -WZM could not beat LD. It may be sometime yet. He showed some signs of brilliance but I think he still needs 2 years of experience before he can beat LD or LCW.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No wonder his reflex and smash is so powerful(this style suits doubles too), didn't know he plays MD too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-the BF/BC staff would be very happy if u stay on for 5 more years so u can read my profile lah

- try reading page 1&2 and find out lah...
    don't try to be another pbmM me too lah
    5 more years why not. I would if you could too!

You know what, i enjoy killing my time by reading your post just for a good laugh nowadays. Its better than going to the cinema. Of course for a good production (blockbuster) movies i would still go, but for cheap comedy its here... in almost all of your posts.

So why not another 5 good years?

Btw dont drag pbm along la. No good la.
    Last edited by Aspire; 04-19-2010 at 05:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The new MS star for CHN after LinDan??..

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    ...Searching outside China, I cannot find any promising young star either. When was the first time Lin Dan grabbed the 1st ranking in the world? I believe it was in the year 2000 when using 9x5 scoring system.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    you are right. Have you noticed who reigned after 2000 Olympics before Chen Hong ruled the world in 2002 - 2003. There is a gap in your posting. It was Lin Dan. He dominated even before Chen Hong. But after 2002-2003, Lin Dan experienced hardship until he returned later as a king.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Are you sure LD was No 1 in 2000, I think his first senior tournaments were in 2001? I tried to find the historical rankings from WBF, but it seems they no longer have them online?
    ..from what i gathered, Lin Dan was never ranked as no.1 until at least 2004. The closest he's gotten to no.1 was no.2 between 2002-2003, but never no.1 during those 2 yrs. Lin Dan made his top 10 MS ranking debut during the last part of 2001. During those yrs, it was Chen Hong and Xia Xuanze who dominated the CHN MS and the MS world ranking. Even BCL was ranked no.1 a few times before LD was ranked no.1 worldwide.
    *Yes, the historical data is still there.

As for this new Wang ZM fella, all i'd say is he will have his chance to shine after LD retires in 2012; granted he stays consistent in his performance. WZM might be given a chance to take over the helm from LD before 2012, but i feel LYB is going to use up LD as much as he can.
    LD rules! is also right on in that we tend to "hype up" a new or unknown player after a remarkable performance (last time it was Nguyen Tien Minh).
    Last edited by ctjcad; 04-19-2010 at 05:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop quarreling... Although I am ashamed to admit this, I noticed in the Lin Dan will win BAC thread that cooler said something which is not to the liking of someone, and that person started quoting and attacking. Please stop... Although sometimes cooler says things that I don't like too, don't attack him. Please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    5 more years why not. I would if you could too!

You know what, i enjoy killing my time by reading your post just for a good laugh nowadays. Its better than going to the cinema. Of course for a good production (blockbuster) movies i would still go, but for cheap comedy its here... in almost all of your posts.

So why not another 5 good years?

Btw dont drag pbm along la. No good la.
    5 more years? lol just let him continue and burst his arteries. i wonder whether he still remember his post:

hehehe, thx for your compliments
    I'm just a jack of all trades but expert at none

I suggest u limit your daily reading intake of my posts, it can be overwhelming and too concentrated for some

My occupation is reading emails and hunting rocks, and i did fill in all the input fields.

When i first join bc, i did not know any international pro players, i mean none at all. I have to thanks bf members for educating me on this subject. It took me ~2 years to decide i better learn about them coz i wasn't able to keep up with all the yapping about those pro with funny names It's great that u guys understood abbrev. of their names coz i still can't spell 75% of them correctly

Canada has no big name badminton heros, therefore i am less emotional about the international ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..As for this new Wang ZM fella, all i'd say is he will have his chance to shine after LD retires in 2012; granted he stays consistent in his performance. WZM might be given a chance to take over the helm from LD before 2012, but i feel LYB is going to use up LD as much as he can.
    LD rules! is also right on in that we tend to "hype up" a new or unknown player after a remarkable performance (last time it was Nguyen Tien Minh).
    yes, after 2012 if he stays consistent in his performance...

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast