User Tag List

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    This is without doubt, WZM's best performances ever(after watching a few of his plays), it's good to see he play without pressure and able to keep the intensity throughout the game(although he was slowing down in the third).
    He played with superb smashing angle and play and a few rallies brilliantly. However, there were times when he gave away points by choosing the wrong choice of shots, showing his inexperience. However, he will only get better.

Also, he made too many mistakes on return of serve(at least 4 in 3rd set, probably because of fatigue). If he didn't give those away, there's a good chance that he would have win this game. Overall, an exellent player and definitely someone with good ptential in the future.

Rumors has it said that he was injured in the CBSL recently. Hope he has a speedy recovery and keep his good form going. Looking forward to see more of him.
    This kid really has a great potential. Plays a sort of combined Lin Dan smashing style, plus some kind of taufik lazy footworking with some controlled backhands. A bit of combination of both styles together which makes it awkward. In anyways it works for himm so he'll eventually make it ahead of the other youngsters. Still lack in experience he'll get more eventually!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiTheBirdie View Post
    This kid really has a great potential. Plays a sort of combined Lin Dan smashing style, plus some kind of taufik lazy footworking with some controlled backhands. A bit of combination of both styles together which makes it awkward. In anyways it works for himm so he'll eventually make it ahead of the other youngsters. Still lack in experience he'll get more eventually!
    I do agree with what you said about him mimicking LD's style and stroke. But I certainly can't see he has TH's lazy style of play, his style is too 'hardworking' to be able to play like TH(at least to me) .

Anyway, I hope LYB can send him to more tournaments after the CBSL. It seems that he only got to take part in ABC this year while his compatriot like Gao Huan got to play in more tournaments this year. (in SO not sure if he plays in IO).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    I do agree with what you said about him mimicking LD's style and stroke. But I certainly can't see he has TH's lazy style of play, his style is too 'hardworking' to be able to play like TH(at least to me) .

Anyway, I hope LYB can send him to more tournaments after the CBSL. It seems that he only got to take part in ABC this year while his compatriot like Gao Huan got to play in more tournaments this year. (in SO not sure if he plays in IO).
    Well about the "lazy" style would be basically the kind of non-chalant backhands drops. 8/10 of his backhand shots are controlled drives/drops. I've seen him clear probably twice with his backhand. Especially when you talk about chiense players, most of them prefer overhead. It's very not the type of style that chinese coaches would encourage their players to do. And also he has a kind of smooth footwork too. He has this kind of blend anyways!

hope he'll get far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any 1 got problem d/l the part 2 of the file? cuz i cant seem to able to save it =(

Quote Originally Posted by hiTheBirdie View Post
    Please whoever that doubts his skills, Watch the latest game China Super League 2010, Wang Zheng Ming vs Lin Dan.

MS WangZM vs LinDan (HQ mp4 format)
    part 1 http://www.sendspace.com/file/nzlxwt
    Part 2 http://www.sendspace.com/file/la4p76

credits to IloveCp2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only concern here is the bolded part.

Lin Dan did not wait for Chen Hong or Wong Choon Hann (CO Champ) to retire. He wrested the titles from his 'seniors' tight grips when they were very much still their 'prime years'.

I remember Lin Dan saying that he knew he was 'ready' when he beat Wong Choon Hann whom he used as a benchmark to 'arrive' at top flight badminton.

Of course Having to wrest that 'title' from Lin Dan is no easier feet... I just hope he has that sort of hunger if he is as talented / capable as everyone says he is. Coz that's the only way real champion material are hardwired internaly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    many people have seen many Chinese young players playing international tournaments, Chen Long, Du Peng yu, Qie Yanbo, Li Yu, Lu Yi, Gong Wanjie, Lu Qichen, Gao Huan, Wen Kai..., but none of them have the caliber of Lin Dan, I am sure none of them can reach the same height as Lin Dan. They even cannot catch up with Bao CL and Chen Jin.

Searching outside China, I cannot find any promising young star either. When was the first time Lin Dan grabbed the 1st ranking in the world? I believe it was in the year 2000 when using 9x5 scoring system. Now 10 years past, it's still Lin Dan, Bao CL, Lee CW and even Taufik and Peter Gade! where are the kids born younger than Lin Dan generation?

Super star like Zhao JH, Lin Dan were made when they were born. It's so disappointed that there is no super star younger than Lin Dan in the current badminton battlefield.

I almost lost my interest in badminton by watching all those old faces until I saw Wang Zheng Ming from China. Although he has not got many showing in the tournaments, he's the guy who has the caliber of Lin Dan and Zhao JH. I have predicted this first when I saw the China national games' badminton competition, now from the Asian game, I am sure i'm right. When Lin Dan finally phases out, it will be Zheng Ming Wang's era. He's a natural born winner as Lin Dan, and Zhao JH.

Even though, Zheng Ming Wang is not in the first team of China, but those guys in the first team, Chen Long, Du Peng yu, Gao Huan .. will soon be forgotten. Tago will be top 10 in the ranking, but hard for him to grab a title.

As his name Wang indicates, Wang means "the King". Zheng Ming Wang will be the next super king. That's my prediction.
    Last edited by jug8man; 08-02-2010 at 03:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Exactly...CHN is blessed with so many young talents that these youngsters have just so few chances to prove before they are relegated to the 2nd tier or go find second jobs With CHN superleague coming on board, more WZMs will come calling, much like computer industry where every so often something new will be coming out. Like I say, time will tell if WZM stays or bye bye.
    Wang Zhengming has lost in the first round of the Bitburger Grand Prix Gold by falling to Petr Koukal. He managed to take Lin Dan to rubber games in the CBSL so this shows that he is inconsistent. Not sure when he'll get another chance, but I'm sure we will see him in the China Masters and the Open editions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when is this guy going to play in the ss?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bayanbaru View Post
    when is this guy going to play in the ss?
    Maybe in 10 days...

/Twobeer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waw the next lindan ??

did he say : lin dan is lindan,zhenming is zhenming ? lol

Lets see he can pass round1 in china masters or not

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    Waw the next lindan ??

did he say : lin dan is lindan,zhenming is zhenming ? lol

Lets see he can pass round1 in china masters or not
    His first round opponent at CHN Masters is Ashton Chen, this Singaporean MS player shocked Indian Chetan Anand at first round of WChamp. Sounds interesting match between these two players

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    His first round opponent at CHN Masters is Ashton Chen, this Singaporean MS player shocked Indian Chetan Anand at first round of WChamp. Sounds interesting match between these two players
    Ashton Chen has good potential to be the future hope for Singapore. But I think WZM will take this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLELY View Post
    Hahahaha
    Really tough match ,
    But whatever pass r1 or no ,i think he has a slim chance to pass r2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    Hahahaha
    Really tough match ,
    But whatever pass r1 or no ,i think he has a slim chance to pass r2

let's see whether he can get 30pts in r2 (maybe by beating TH),provided he can defeate ashton first...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, he reached the SF of the China Masters beating DU Penyu and Lee Hyun Ill in the process and was entertaining to watch in his match against Lin Dan. Iwill put him in the same class as Tago and Chen Long with So Wan Ho and Hayum a step or two behind in that order. Judging from their performances in the China Masters and the on-going Japan SS the latter two need to seriously take stock of their game. Otherwise, the likes of Tian Houwei, V Axelsen, Pisit, Huang Yu Hsiang and Loh Wei Siang will be knocking on their doors sooner rather than later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Inquiry

Does anyone know what Li-Ning Model Racquet did he(wang zheng ming) use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WZM not playing Japan open?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm
    does anyone here care about wang zhengming the 'next super king' defeat?
    cant see any respond

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast