User Tag List

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkkwongnz View Post
    In my opinion, both chen jin and DPY are limited by their talents. WZM's talent may be even above chen long. He has a lot of unforce error at the moment, but I can see his is a very smart player. What he has to work on is the skill of changing pace during the games. Like what Lin Dan said in the past that the champion is the result of hardworking and daily practice. WZM have to work hard to build on his talent. He certainly has all the ingredient of a true champion but he has to work hard to make the dream come true. I am waiting for him to break through.
    yeah, right. talent alone will hardly bring him to somewhere else on top. he need to working harder. not to be like what he described himself in one interview previously.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Zengming is still bubbling underneath the surface. In recent months he has shown occasional brilliance but lacking in the consistency to follow through to the finish that is necessary to win titles.

I like his seemingly unhurried, smooth movement on court and the appearance of being cool,calm and collected. But don't be deceived by it, he's able to suddenly spring to life and launch powerful,ferocious attacking shots as when he hurls himself to whack the shuttle down from almost any angle. But it seems to me that often after such an aggressive stroke he would almost immediately relax a little instead of finishing the rally off with the same intensity until the point is won.

Fortunately, yesterday he appeared to have overcome that drawback against Chou Tien Chen, himself an attacking player, in the QF of the Swiss Open by initiating more of the attacks and kept it going successfully throughout the match to score an emphatic victory. He,like his colleague Du Pengyu, has yet to earn his maiden international title (not counting his WJC 2010) though he ended up runner-up in a couple of Superseries events. I long to see him mount the winner's rostrum soon and be among the best one day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WZM and Chen Long are similar in some ways:
    1) Tall players
    2) Great movement for big guys
    3) Strong power in their attacking game.

WZM plays a lot more smoothly and naturally than Chen Long, but Chen has more discipline and control then WZM. I think WZM is filled with natural gifting, his movement is very fluid and natural, his attack is very smooth and natural and powerful.

The big difference is that Chen Long has the discipline to setup and win points consistently, WZM doesn't seem like he has a gameplan or can execute it with discipline yet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discipline, drive, determination, willpower, in short the motivation to be champion - that's what he needs, IMHO, as he already possesses the talent and skills to achieve it. I believe whatever that's holding him back, only he can overcome it; his coaches,trainers,psychologists and other support staff have been playing their part dutifully,more or less.

It is all up to him now, just turned 23 last month, born 16th Feb 1990.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Long has the holy fire, the winners attitude, the "I want it more than you do". WZM doesn't have it or hasn't unraveled it, needs to find that lust for winning . Everything else mentioned will follow behind it. Well, "needs to", he doesn't need to do anything only for a long, successful and legendary career in badminton he'd better discover the holy fire in him.
    It's probably already in this thread somewhere but Morten Frost has also identified/marked WZM as the ​next big thing ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 03-16-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Wang Zengming, my heartiest congratulations for winning your maiden international title, the Swiss Open GPG 2013 (the WJC 2010 excluded).

What impressed me most is not that you won though this GPG tournament is a relatively strong one with its lineup of participants but how you played. Your speed of movement, your reaction time, your sudden explosive attacking shots as when you unleash your powerful,jump smashes time after time throughout the tournament is phenomenal".

Well, for many, success breeds success whereas for others it breeds complacency. This GPG title may be no big deal but seeing how delighted he was at the victory ceremony, I'm pretty sure it acts as the encouragement,the boost in confidence and just the catalyst to propel him to greater successes.Similarly for Wang Zengming as it is for his female compatriot, Wang Shixian, who emerged WS champion in the same event, I'm certain he will henceforth afford me plenty of opportunities to sing his praises - I know I won't have to wait long.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations, WZM!

but don't be so pleased on his winning, Justin. wait till he proves more about himself before we praise him? 1 winning may be positive signal, but unsurely bring him to more glories.

but if he really will prove himself, then it would be a bad signal for LD presence in the CBA team. haha!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, one swallow doesn't make a summer. But he looked a nice and decent guy. Wish him all the best.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally after 3 years
    wang zhengming become the king
    so wzm and cl will go wc
    ld who?does he won anything this year?hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the match between WZM and DPY last night. Frankly speaking, I will rate him above Ah Du from now on. He should be able to finish the games much easier if he didn't have those unenforced errors. I saw LD shadow in him apart from he is right hander and he is more gentle.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    finally after 3 years
    wang zhengming become the king
    so wzm and cl will go wc
    ld who?does he won anything this year?hehe
    3 years? that long?

you don't know who ld is? he is ex-big brother in CBA team, before CL came to the stage and show CBA he can do what ld able to do pretty nicely too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where got long?
    chen long?he is in another thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    where got long?
    chen long?he is in another thread
    ouch, my bad. but at least his thread and WZM's are still under the same sub-forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wang Zhengming is very cute, anyone has nice photos of him?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'd be surprised if Wang Zengming doesn't become as popular as, if not more than, Lee Yongdae is with the ladies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WZM has all the talents to be LD's pretender and has pushed himself more to break through. At 23 and against LCW he really is trying to break through but I think WZM would be one of those who initially had lots of potential but his focus can be slack. LCW had just managed to defeat him today with a record of 16-0 win loss ratio. WZM is one of those rare Chinese singles player who could lose to a lower ranked player when the going gets tough. That's why he is not making waves at the international circuit at a relative mature age for CN player. He could win one major in the future but be prepared that he'll fade away soon enough as LYB patience is really short and there are one or two young uns coming to the fore.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you got your info from?
    They haven't even played 16 games together, let alone matches!
    Last edited by AlanY; 06-12-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast