User Tag List

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 408
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    let me kindly correct u
    major titles vs major titles, MAS need to find 5 lcw for every 1 LD equivalent
    If your calculations workable then if Korea produce 5 more CHJ then there will be no LD left.
    Last edited by Aspire; 04-19-2010 at 06:27 AM.

  2. #53
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    If your calculations workable then if Korea produce 5 more CHJ then there will be no LD left.
    lol good point and you sunk his only battleship.......

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,754
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    yes, after 2012 if he stays consistent in his performance...

    2012 we won't be playing badminton or any games.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by X Ball View Post
    2012 we won't be playing badminton or any games.
    The Africans will dominate badminton after 2012...amen

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    The Africans will dominate badminton after 2012...amen
    Hi uncle how are you?

    I thought the Africans will dominate soccer this year and come 2012 the entire world will go scuba diving.
    Last edited by Aspire; 04-19-2010 at 07:51 AM.

  6. #57
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
    Hi uncle how are you?

    I thought the Africans will dominate soccer this year and come 2012 the entire world will go scuba diving.
    I am fine thank you, same to you too...just getting to go to work and while downloading the MXF in BAC, I clicked in to see posts...
    not sure if CHN will pack LD and XXF in the same ship to Africa though, talk to you later, off to work I go

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,939
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    The Africans will dominate badminton after 2012...amen
    I have the same feeling too... once the african pick up badminton...

    Badminton will be like basketball...

    Lin Dan will looks like Yao Ming... Top player but not the very top! LOL!

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,754
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    The Africans will dominate badminton after 2012...amen
    Yes I forgot it ended in Africa. Make sure u have booked your '2012 escape' ticket and if so, bring along the rackets too.

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,197
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..from what i gathered, Lin Dan was never ranked as no.1 until at least 2004. The closest he's gotten to no.1 was no.2 between 2002-2003, but never no.1 during those 2 yrs. Lin Dan made his top 10 MS ranking debut during the last part of 2001. During those yrs, it was Chen Hong and Xia Xuanze who dominated the CHN MS and the MS world ranking. Even BCL was ranked no.1 a few times before LD was ranked no.1 worldwide.
    Lin Dan was the world number 1 in August 2002! That's for sure.

    When I first mentioned that Lin Dan's 10 years strong performance, I knew he began to play internationally after 2000 Olympic, which is China's national policy only releasing new talents after Olympics. Actually, he played quite a time after Bao CL played, but Bao CL has never reached world #1 before Lin Dan did. There was no way.

    Lin Dan's strong performance in late 2001 (from his debut) and early 2002. After finalist at Denmark open in 2001 (lost to Bao CL in the final), Lin Dan wasted no time to grab the 2002 Korea open title, he defeated Taufik in the Asian tournmants also. During that time, he beat Taufik twice without losing.

    There is no need to grab all the titles to be a world number 1. Even Lee HI and Roslin got there for 1 week without winning anything big. Lin Dan strong performance at Denmark, Korea, All england, Swissland, Asian championships made him the world number 1 in August 2002!

    If you remember the 5x7 scoring system in badminton, Lin Dan was THE one dominating that time. After switching back to 15 points, Lin Dan suffered some confidence issues both from himself and the coaches. People thought he's born to play 5x7, and there was no future for him to play 15 points. His career got into trouble in early 2003. That time he dropped fromt the number 1 of the world to the 5th inside China, which means the last one in the first team, after Chen Hong, Xia Xuanze, Bao CL, Chen Yu. Few thought he'll be back.

    But Lin Dan is Lin Dan, the super dan, not the super Dane, he proved himself again at the end of 2003 by grabbing all the titles from Denmark open, Germany open, Hong Kong open and China Open, back to #1 again with even stronger comeback.

  10. #61
    Regular Member volcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,586
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Lin Dan was the world number 1 in August 2002! That's for sure.

    When I first mentioned that Lin Dan's 10 years strong performance, I knew he began to play internationally after 2000 Olympic, which is China's national policy only releasing new talents after Olympics. Actually, he played quite a time after Bao CL played, but Bao CL has never reached world #1 before Lin Dan did. There was no way.

    Lin Dan's strong performance in late 2001 (from his debut) and early 2002. After finalist at Denmark open in 2001 (lost to Bao CL in the final), Lin Dan wasted no time to grab the 2002 Korea open title, he defeated Taufik in the Asian tournmants also. During that time, he beat Taufik twice without losing.

    There is no need to grab all the titles to be a world number 1. Even Lee HI and Roslin got there for 1 week without winning anything big. Lin Dan strong performance at Denmark, Korea, All england, Swissland, Asian championships made him the world number 1 in August 2002!

    If you remember the 5x7 scoring system in badminton, Lin Dan was THE one dominating that time. After switching back to 15 points, Lin Dan suffered some confidence issues both from himself and the coaches. People thought he's born to play 5x7, and there was no future for him to play 15 points. His career got into trouble in early 2003. That time he dropped fromt the number 1 of the world to the 5th inside China, which means the last one in the first team, after Chen Hong, Xia Xuanze, Bao CL, Chen Yu. Few thought he'll be back.

    But Lin Dan is Lin Dan, the super dan, not the super Dane, he proved himself again at the end of 2003 by grabbing all the titles from Denmark open, Germany open, Hong Kong open and China Open, back to #1 again with even stronger comeback.
    absolutely true!!

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    if CHN were to have two Lin Dan (WZM, THW) in the future, then MAS must have two Lee Chong Wei in order to beat the two Lin Dan. But, who can be the two for MAS? limsy should be able to answer this for us.
    let krisna,badmania and fang kai xiang recommend u,RIYANTO
    i have no comment
    hehe
    this will be one of the top 3 in future

  12. #63
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Lin Dan was the world number 1 in August 2002! That's for sure.
    http://old.internationalbadminton.or...ankno=350&id=1 August 22nd to be exact!

    Not in 2000 as first stated though? I agree LD wasn't suited to the 15 point system, but he certainly wasn't dominating in the 5x7 era - he only won one (Korean open)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    2 years senior tournaments experience?

    You said probably is true for mediocre players, but definitely NOT true for the most talented like Zhao Jianhua and Lin Dan
    How do you know if he is mediocre before he has 2 years experience. Some players come on the scene, win, then disappear.

    Lin still took over a year to win a tournament.

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,197
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    http://old.internationalbadminton.or...ankno=350&id=1 August 22nd to be exact!

    Not in 2000 as first stated though? I agree LD wasn't suited to the 15 point system, but he certainly wasn't dominating in the 5x7 era - he only won one (Korean open)

    How do you know if he is mediocre before he has 2 years experience. Some players come on the scene, win, then disappear.

    Lin still took over a year to win a tournament.
    I have said many times, that I thought LD came to play after 2000 Olympics, actually I was wrong there, but my point was he take no time to prove hismelf, that's my point. He got the final at his first tournament, that's 2001/10/21 Denmark open. Then he won the Korea open, the highest prized tournament that time, in March 2002. Therefore, Lin Dan did NOT take over a year to win a tournament. It's only within 5 months!

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vacation Home @ Disney World
    Posts
    2,197
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    by the way, thanks for proving that.

  15. #66
    Regular Member ctjcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    u.s.a.
    Posts
    19,157
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default off topic-Okay...LD was no.1 in 2002....so????..

    Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Lin Dan was the world number 1 in August 2002! That's for sure.

    When I first mentioned that Lin Dan's 10 years strong performance, I knew he began to play internationally after 2000 Olympic, which is China's national policy only releasing new talents after Olympics. Actually, he played quite a time after Bao CL played, but Bao CL has never reached world #1 before Lin Dan did. There was no way.
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    - Okay, jamesd20 did a more diligent search (as i just skimmed through LD's data). With that, yeah, i guess BCL became no.1 after that very short-lived no.1 ranking for LD. I know you guys both are pretty big CHN team followers...
    - No, i didn't follow any baddy before 2004, unfortunately. Sorry.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 04-19-2010 at 02:09 PM.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    370
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't jump to conclusions so fast. I remember we said the same thing about Tago, Jorgensen, Tommy Sugiarto (long ago), and many more people who caused minor upsets or had one tournament burst. Only time will tell if he can prove himself to be the next Lin Dan.

  17. #68
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BethuneGuy View Post
    Don't jump to conclusions so fast. I remember we said the same thing about Tago, Jorgensen, Tommy Sugiarto (long ago), and many more people who caused minor upsets or had one tournament burst. Only time will tell if he can prove himself to be the next Lin Dan.
    Exactly...CHN is blessed with so many young talents that these youngsters have just so few chances to prove before they are relegated to the 2nd tier or go find second jobs With CHN superleague coming on board, more WZMs will come calling, much like computer industry where every so often something new will be coming out. Like I say, time will tell if WZM stays or bye bye.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wang Yihan ( 王仪涵 )
    By suetyan in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 2369
    : 10-01-2014, 01:05 PM
  2. Wang Shixian ( 王适娴 )
    By george@chongwei in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 953
    : 08-12-2014, 12:11 PM
  3. Wang Lin ( 王琳 )
    By seawell in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 1421
    : 06-16-2014, 03:18 AM
  4. [HQ]2010 Asia Championships MSF LIN Dan VS WANG Zhengming
    By FIFA2008 in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 39
    : 04-26-2010, 12:02 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    : 04-17-2008, 03:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •