User Tag List

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think WZM has gotta be the hardest smasher in the world for singles players. I can't think of any player that smashes as hard as him..
    Maybe Rumbaka.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm why does all the chinese commentators say WZM is not a natural attacker and his followup smashes to his first one is very weak ? :/..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, its weird. I've heard Gill Clark and Chinese commentators talk about him and I don't understand what they are looking at.

GC says that WZM is more of a workhorse like Chen Jin, but doens't have much creative play or offensive ability. I don't understand how she sees that. I see WZM as having very free-flowing natural movement with the hardest smash in the world.

Chinese casters say, just as you said, that he has a powerful first smash but doesn't have strong repetitive smash. I also don't quite understand this. I've seen WZM do a big smash and follow up by closing in on the net very quickly.

Are the experts right? or are they deluded? Frankly I can't understand their commentary at all.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WZM at the last CHN Open final had openly acknowledged Chen Long's superiority.

At this AE, I'd say WZM did well beating Sony, Gao Huan(who conquered Tommy) and Lee Dong Kuen. The match with LDK was such a grueling, ferocious and long-drawn battle that I believe both of them must be a bit drained at the end of it. I daresay if his SF opponent weren't Chen Long, he would be in the final today.

Xia Xuanze said before that WZM has a natural,fluid attacking game. IMHO, he can attack beautifully the first few shots and suddenly slackened the next. So if his attack fails to win the point, then it's likely that he either makes a mistake(eg, taps the shuttle into the net, clears long,drops it wide) when he slackens or plays a loose shot that allows his opponent to counterattack and put him under pressure. I feel that he should strengthen his defence whenever his attack peters out so as to launch another attack at the earliest opportunity without letting up. Staying focused at all times and being able to execute every shot with full confidence is certainly not an easy thing to do but it's what differentiates the champions from the also-rans. My 2cents.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, did not realize WZM abdicated his Super King title.

To his loyal subjects, his match against Tian HouWei in the CBSL semi-final may be of interest. Some former regal aura were on vivid display. See the CBSL thread at http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post2214114

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kelana View Post
    Being the semifinalists of 2014 AE, losing only to his compatriot, CL, and beating SDK, Gao Huan, LDK in earlier stages WZM made a good achievement in the 2014 AE...

Aside from LD and CL, i deem WZH is the most potent in Chinese MS at this very moment...more convincing than DPY.
    Yup, he's better than Du PY, interesting to wait his role in upcoming Thomas Cup...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    Yeah, its weird. I've heard Gill Clark and Chinese commentators talk about him and I don't understand what they are looking at.

GC says that WZM is more of a workhorse like Chen Jin, but doens't have much creative play or offensive ability. I don't understand how she sees that. I see WZM as having very free-flowing natural movement with the hardest smash in the world.

Chinese casters say, just as you said, that he has a powerful first smash but doesn't have strong repetitive smash. I also don't quite understand this. I've seen WZM do a big smash and follow up by closing in on the net very quickly.

Are the experts right? or are they deluded? Frankly I can't understand their commentary at all.
    I have seen his matches in super series finals where he lost all his matches (Lee chong wei, Boonsak Ponsanna , Jan O jorgensen). He don't have any special ingredients to tackle top ranked players..

Tian Houwei may be next to chen long but not wang zhenming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree thw has a brighter future in Chinas MS than
    the others. Thw needs to develop his attacking game and his deceptive abilties along the lines of LCW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WZM has not been selected for TC. CHN MS lineup will probably be CL DPY THW LD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool TC Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Woffle View Post
    WZM has not been selected for TC. CHN MS lineup will probably be CL DPY THW LD.
    Sad but its the right decision. I also think think that Liu Kai could be considered as a reserve. He impresses with wins over well established players on the circuit. I like his style and feel he is a bright prospect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...I'm really surprised.

Why would they pick DPY and THW over WZM? WZM I feel clearly has wins over the better players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like WZM is much more inconsistent than DPY, or at least that I could trust DPY to come up with the goods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the 2nd position, the MS2 would likely face Indonesia's Rumbaka or Santoso.

Who would have a better chance at winning against one of these highly talented players? I'd certainly take WZM over DPY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zhuangcorp View Post
    Wow...I'm really surprised.Why would they pick DPY and THW over WZM? WZM I feel clearly has wins over the better players.
    IMHO WZMs game is known to the opposition whilst in DPY and THW they all know that they will face two determined players and the matches will be very very tough. This all adds up to team confidence, a most important factor not to be forgotten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to zhuangcorp : Are you afraid of the Indonesians huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No news from this guy. Looks like the pretender to the throne would remain just a PRETENDer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morten Frost said that WZM is fat. Do you guys think so?

I kind of see his point in that WZM is a fairly big guy, and he can't move around the court nearly as fast as LCW. But basically all the Chinese players have that kind of thick and strong build, rather than the speedy build of the Malaysian players.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast