The Ultimate training program?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by chuby654, Apr 17, 2010.

1. chuby654

chuby654 Regular Member

none
    Hello

this is my first thread,in this thread:),I would like people to suggest some Tips and correction to my training methods and comment about them.

This training is very important to me so I can go to the provincial championship next year.I have won 9th place in MS at the local tournament and my goal is to get 1st in this tounament.I've played for 2 years and next year is cadet.

Monday 3h20-6h00pm
    -stretch,physics(60 push-ups,60 sit-ups,2km sprint,2min squat,2 mins lunch ,3 min suicides.1 min chair,30 triceps,1 min high jump),footwork drills 70 mins,shot warm-up 20 mins(drives,net,smash,drop and clear),shot drills 45 mins and matches 30 mins

Tuesday 5h45-5h45pm
    -stretch,60mins swimming(laps) not free swim:crying:

Thursday 7h00-10h00pm
    -stretch,matches 3 hours

Friday 3h20-6h00pm
    -stretch,physics(60 push-ups,60 sit-ups,2 km sprint,2 mins squat,2 mins lunch,3 mins suicides,1 min chair,30 triceps,1 min high jump),footwork drills 70 mins,shots warm-up 20 mins(drives,net,smash,drop and clear),shot drills 45 mins and matches 30 mins

Saturday

11h00am-12h30pm
    -stretch,90 mins swimming (laps) not fre swim :crying:again

3h00-5h00pm
    -stretch,Shot drills 30 mins,60 mins footwork drills and 30 mins matches

I would Like to see your training program!!!!!:):):)

2. BadWolf

BadWolf Regular Member

Student
    Monday: Training with the team after school so that means about 30min of really intense cardio and one hour of play.

Wednesday: Training with the team again, but twice a month we have a 3h practice so that's 30min of cardio + footwork then we play the rest and we can practice specific shots with a partner; usually drives, net plays, serves, back hands and smashes.

And every day of the week I do: 100 sit-ups, 50 push-ups, chair 5min, bike for 13km, run for 1h, do squats and 5x 100 jumping rope exercise.

I'm planning to do way more soon. ;)

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    What is happening in the technical training program?

The physical training program looks quite good. :):):)

Perhaps, more is required in the technical training program.

#3 chris-ccc, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  4. chuby654

chuby654 Regular Member

none
    OK i will try to do more technical training and maybe become stronger :)

5. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Wow, a lot of physical stuff here, you must be some fit people...

Monday I'm on court for 2 hours. Mostly training rallies, and maybe some new shots, but mostly pretty tiring stuff.
    Wednesday I'm on court for an hour and a half. playing 2 vs 1 or just some random drills (whatever we feel like)
    Thursday it's time for some strokes and some rallies, and a lot of matches
    Friday is fun/ mess-around matches to relax, for me also known as 'testing new stuff evening' :p

If I can't play badminton on Wednesday I sometimes go for a run. In summers I run two times a week to keep fit.

6. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

Wow badwolf! I'm impressed with your training regiment. You do this everyday?
    I don't know anyone that runs 1 hour everyday, bikes 13km everyday, and does that much jump rope. You must be really fit and have alot of time on your hands.

7. BadWolf

BadWolf Regular Member

Student
    Yes everyday, but sometimes I don't have time to jump rope.. ^^" Haha.. :D

8. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

What is your playing level?

Cheers

9. BadWolf

BadWolf Regular Member

Student
    Mine I presume? Well intermediate, on the verge of being advanced.

How about you?

10. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

I'm not exactly sure where I fall. Maybe advanced?
    With your fittnes, you will have a big advantage of your opponents, good job! :)

11. BadWolf

BadWolf Regular Member

Student
    yes, thank you! ;)

12. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    I have only really started this program as my season has just finished but I did sumthing similar last year but not as much anaerobic workouts. I wanna be super fit for september time (5 months away)

Mon and Sat - Coaching for 2 hours each session doing all kinda drills to improve consistency, fitness and technique.

I play singles 45 mins once a week with my mate

I play good doubles every other thurs for 2 hours (6/7 games)

I get fit most days doing hill runs, hill sprints, skipping, weights etc, 100m hills, 200m hills, 400m hills & 800m hills.

13. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

Just before i start i don't in anyway been to offend you wolf, and u probably play at a much higher level than i do. The point i want to make is about the training frequency. Are you giving yourself any rest days?
    If you dont, and are in fact training everyday then your not training as efficiently as you could. Your body would benefit from at least 48 hours of rest between muscle group work outs, along the same lines of gym rats doing split routines if you follow me.
    Another point i'd like to make is to do with the biking, running and jump rope. Your working out these muscles everyday for i would guess around 2 hours?
    What badminton game lasts 2 hours? (ok maybe some)
    but you would get much better gains from doing explosive exercises to promote fast twitch muscles, i'd put money on the idea that ur not a good sprinter.
    If i have misunderstood then i apologise. i leave you with the thought of quality over quantity.

14. BadWolf

BadWolf Regular Member

Student
    No no you don't offend me, I understand what you mean. You are right about the rest, that is something I lack sometimes. But I get just enough rest to not hurt my health and I never do more then I can manage for one day.
    About the explosive exercises; that is what I turned my biking into, and my running too, run at the same speed 5 min sprint for 2. Well something like that.
    But the main point of these exercises is to improve my overall endurance. Because a badminton match is 90% physical endurance.

15. badmad

badmad Regular Member

chuby654,

thats a good way to get it shape for a sport. however, keep in mind that you got to have plenty of these 2 things:

1) Lots of streching before and after your workout sessions. First stretching session should be after 5-10mins of warm-up, just to get a little blood flowing thru your muscles. Cold muscles are not as responsive to stretching as the warmer ones.

2) Well balanced nutrition program. make sure that you eat enough to supplement what you are doing. Protein, Carbs and not to forget, Fats. How much you need to eat you got to figure out. maybe a nutritionist can help there. It's equally important to watch this.

good luck!

16. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

haha well if you're doing sprint intervals then i retract alot of what i said, u must be even fitter than i thought to be able to do that. Are ur sprint 100%? and also i'm curious if u built up ur undurance or if u've always been very fit

17. BadWolf

BadWolf Regular Member

Student

I know one person that is WAY fitter then me, so I'm not that fit. :p
    No, more like 85%.. ^^"
    I built it way up! I mean I was never fat but before I wasn't really in shape. I actually just started training in 2009.

18. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

way fitter in what way? Can play longer? or is more powerful and speedy on the court.
    Have you noticed improvements in both ur doubles and singles?

19. BadWolf

BadWolf Regular Member

Student
    Fitter as in way more endurance than me.
    Yes but mostly in my simples. I prefer simple. It's less demanding in a way and I can only blame myself if I miss a shot.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Why not run on a Badminton court?

Yes, a good physical training program will help us to play Badminton better. But a better way is to train with technical skills on a Badminton court.

For example;
    * If wishing to improve stamina/endurance, why go for a 1 hour run on the road or on a running track? Why not run on a Badminton court? Why not run from base position to all 4 corners (and returning to base position each time) for 1 hour?

* If wishing to improve speed in footwork, why not do the above with breaks, but now in a shorter time each time (say 10 seconds) with explosive movements?

In both of the above suggestions, we can improve our Badminton footwork together with our endurance and speed training at the same time.

Of course, we need to know how to move with correct/efficient footwork on a Badminton court while we are doing the above suggestions. To properly return/hit the shuttlecock, we need proper balance, reach and transfer of weight. This is where we can improve our technical skills.

What I am saying is; It is better for us to train on a Badminton court than other places.

#20 chris-ccc, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010