Cab20 or Cab22

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ayl, Jan 3, 2003.

1. ayl

ayl Regular Member

Professional procrastinator
    G'day all,

Just wondering from all the experienced users of Yonex Carbonex rackets. I am wondering which is better purchase, Cab20 SP or Cab22 SP?

I've just located someone who stocks them and I'll check them out personally prior buying. But after going thru the product review section of Badminton Central I am still unsure which is the better buy. Both rackets 2UG4.

Cheung, I've pmed you but apparently you've been lazy in clearing out your inbox! Kwun, can you offer some tips??

Help! :confused:

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It's cleared!!

I prefer cab22 for doubles. Stiff shaft.
    SInce I switched to singles, I don't quite like it and prefer cab20. I can also use the cab20 for doubles no problem.

I seen people use cab22 and hit the shuttle real hard(I only got a few points). I think cab22 frame is stiffer and maybe tolerate higher stringing tension better.

If I play doubles only, I might go back to using cab22.

3. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

Hi ayl

I just bought Cab 20 SP recently, and have tried only 3 serious sessions, so you can guess I don't have much to say but one thing I can tell is I am so impressed, I'm used to play Iso 800 tour, and yesterday I tried Iso 900 SX (AS version), with BG 85 @ 22 lbs, no double it is amazing power smash, but when I hit clear I need to put a bit more effort, it may be because my shoulder have not recovered 100% from tendonitis.
    Hope this helps
    PS: I was about to offer you my source, since my friend is going to HK soon, and I will ask him to get me some rackets. But as you said you know where to get it. So enjoy Cab 2X. Please tell us how they perform especially Cab 22.

4. ayl

ayl Regular Member

G'day Vdz,

Thanks for the tips. I'll be going to assess these rackets today so if I end up with Cab22, I'll sure let you know how it plays!

Also thanks for offering to get stuff for me via HK. Perhapse ask your friend to look for a Iso900-SS/SX and some BG88Ti / CBG100 string for me? :)

5. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

Actually I don't mind asking him for you, but there s a couple of issues:

1. Are you aware of that those things you are after are very expensive in HK now
    like Iso 900 about Hk $950-$1000, Bg 88 Ti and CBG 100 about $100 and they are not in HK officially at the moment.
    2. he'll be back here at the end Feb, can you wait that long?
    3. he does not know any thing about rackets AT ALL.

6. ayl

ayl Regular Member

G'day Vdz,

That's alright as anything to do with badminton are expensive here in Australia. Having said that, it probably will be a good idea to get confirmations from your friend prior buying anything.

I waited 6 months for a MP90JP si time isn't a problem.:D