Saturday, October 12, 2013 Santa Teresa Gym 6150 Snell Ave., San Jose, CA 95123 8:00AM-9:00PM WarmUps at 7:30AMTournament Format
+ 3 Brackets: Mens, Womens, and Mixed
+ We DISCOURAGE any players who are of A/B level to sign up in fairness of this tournament.
+ Each Bracket will have a maximum of 16 teams
+ Each team consists of 2 players (2 Males for Mens Bracket, 2 Females for Womens Bracket, and 1 Male and 1 Female for Mixed Bracket)
+ Teams will play against other team in a match in 3 events
+ 2 Singles
+ 1 Doubles
+ Each team member must play in two events: singles and doubles.
+ When you enter the tournament, you must determine who is your #1 singles players and who is your #2. If you stack, you will be disqualified.
+ You will play each other in the following order: #2 Singles, #1 Singles, Doubles
+ The team that wins the most matches (2 out of 3) will be declared the winner
+ If you are missing a team member, you are disqualified.
+ Females cannot play in Male events and vise versa.
+ Every player is guaranteed 4 matches!!!
+ All games, including the consolation rounds, will be a full game, best 2 out of 3, to 21.
+ You can sign up for a maximum of 2 Brackets. (There is no possible way for anyone to play 3! Think about it!)Fees
+ (THIS IS PER PLAYER) $12 for one bracket, $10 more if you decide to play in two brackets ($22 total if you play in 2).
!!! THIS IS SUCH A BARGAIN FOR 4 GUARANTEED MATCHES !!!
+ Cash Only. Please have exact change.
+ The deadline to sign up is Friday, October 4, 2013.
+ Please go to this link to sign up:
+ Each team must come up with a team name
+ WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE THAT EACH TEAM DRESS SIMILARLY, LIKE A TEAM :P
+ Tournament will be CAPPED AT 16 TEAMS PER BRACKET.
+ Awards will be given out to 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place (there will be a 3rd place game), and Consolation Winner. Each member on the team gets a trophy!!!!
(1) All entrants are guaranteed 4 matches!!! First round losers go to Consolation round; Winners go to winnerís bracket.
(2) EVERY MATCH IS: 2 of 3 to 21 points rally scoring, win by 2. (to a max of 30 points)
(3) Teams will not be allowed to start their first match until all team members pay the fees.
(4) Teams will be defaulted after 5 minutes if not at tournament desk and ready to play when match is called.
(5) A 10 minute break will be enforced between any back to back matches.
(6) Warm-up is limited to 5 minutes.
(7) 1 court will be used for each Team Match. We have 8 courts total in the gym.
(8) Appropriate athletic shoes, shorts, and t-shirt must be worn at all times
(9) No Food or Drinks, besides water and Gatorade, will be allowed inside the gym.
(10) Participants will be disqualified without warning if any of the above requirements are not met.
(11) Changes may be made at anytime at the tournament directorís discretion and are final.
Questions or Concerns
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.