User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default BC server down time.

The BC forum is slowly approaching 500,000 (one half of a million!) posts. I have promised the server machine that i will give it a short break for its hard work over the last 3 years.

thus i will take down the server sometime over the weekend and give it a nice massage. if you found that it is not online, please don't panic. all will be well when i bring it back up again.

cheers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^THX kwun for doing all of this for us!!..and Yes, it's about time..^^

...to give your server a 'massage'...On that note, before i/we can't access BC this weekend, just wondering, will you be deleting some posts?? or you'll be upgrading the hard drive capacity??..If it's the former, are we ever going to see our older posts again??..But if it's the latter, then all i've gotta say is ..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Keep up the good work!

Congrats Kwun and Co. 1,000,000 posts will come in no time.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad
    ...to give your server a 'massage'...
    yes. a last ditch effort to re-juvenate it, but sooner or later, it will have to be retired for being too old and too slow. but i hope to squeeze the last juice out of it as it will cost me a lot of $$ to get a new one.

On that note, before i/we can't access BC this weekend, just wondering, will you be deleting some posts?? or you'll be upgrading the hard drive capacity??..If it's the former, are we ever going to see our older posts again??..But if it's the latter, then all i've gotta say is ..
    DELETE POSTS?!? that will be a crime, there are countless informative and well thought out posts written by BC member over the years, i will not forgive myself for deleting them...

besides, if i delete them, i cannot claim to have 1/2 million posts anymore!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    DELETE POSTS?!? that will be a crime, there are countless informative and well thought out posts written by BC member over the years, i will not forgive myself for deleting them...

yeah... dont delete! you can archive it instead... like - may be - copying over to different server...
    Last edited by newjazz; 01-28-2007 at 05:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for all your work, effort, achievement,accomplishment, and other positive adjectives.

This place is awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definately thanks for all the hardworks. Look at all the addictions and you have caused and feel proud =D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm, actually the posts could be more than 1/2 mil..

Quote Originally Posted by newjazz
    yeah... dont delete! you can archive it instead... like - may be - copying over to different server...
    ..my guess is, thruout the nearly 10 yrs of BC's existence, there are a few more posts/threads that have been deleted(not sure how many of them have been deleted though)..so, who knows, if kwun/mods hadn't deleted them, the posts would've been more than 1/2 mil!
    Btw folks, as i'm writing this and after checking the stats, we're abt 10 posts away from hitting that magic no. of 500,000!!...Who will be the "lucky" one to hit that post no.??..hehehe
    Last edited by ctjcad; 01-28-2007 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More muscle bulk for power at the expense of speed on the court?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of machine do you use to host such a massive forum? Just curious

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

dual 2.8GHz Xeons...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bravo!

all i can say is i am so glad you are out there and got this place up and running for if it is not for this place, my love for badminton would have simply hibernate . estatic to have a place to get knowledge , share info , learn new stuff , read manga (hahaha about badminton no less) , chat and get feedback for your questions . this is one cool place. well done and may it reach 1 million posts!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya thanks so much kwun for running this forum
    this definately d best badminton forum
    a lot of opinion sharing, news update n file sharing
    keep it up
    great work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes. a last ditch effort to re-juvenate it, but sooner or later, it will have to be retired for being too old and too slow. but i hope to squeeze the last juice out of it as it will cost me a lot of $$ to get a new one.

I dont have any idea at all how this forum work.How is it funded?How can members help,if you need the $$ to get a new one?This site is simply fantastic and Badminton will forever be an olympic sport.I am addicted to this site.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azabaz_ipoh
    all i can say is i am so glad you are out there and got this place up and running for if it is not for this place, my love for badminton would have simply hibernate . estatic to have a place to get knowledge , share info , learn new stuff , read manga (hahaha about badminton no less) , chat and get feedback for your questions . this is one cool place. well done and may it reach 1 million posts!!!!!!!!
    i always feel warm and fuzzy inside when someone tells me BC made a difference in their life, esp when it ignites their passion for badminton. i am glad you have found this place!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kokcheng
    I dont have any idea at all how this forum work.How is it funded?How can members help,if you need the $$ to get a new one?This site is simply fantastic and Badminton will forever be an olympic sport.I am addicted to this site.
    BC is simply funded by displaying the ads you see to you left hand side.

since you asked to help, i have created a donation button just below the ad. anything counts, i am still contemplating getting the faster server, but that's US$80 in extra expense per month which is a lot of money in the long term.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well, i am almost done with this wave of server upgrade. i have installed a caching software which hopefully will squeeze the extra bit of performance out of this slowly aging server.

do let me know if you have problems with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast