Good Fake Yonex

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tfc, Jan 5, 2003.

1. tfc

tfc Regular Member

Please post your good experience with fake Yonex, and also including
    model no. etc. Thanks.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    what do u exactly mean by "good experience"???

1. A good "clonex" racket with similar spec. as Yonex, and cheaper price?

2. A good "clonex" racket with similar "looking" (so, we can show off), but saves tons of $$$?

3. A relatively "unknown" brand, but with very good playability vs price ratio?

4. A relatively "unknown" brand, but fit for ur style even better than the original Yonex model?

5. Some rare Yonex models, which u thought was a fake due to price, but actually are real?

3. tfc

tfc Regular Member

(Fake) Yonex xxxx racket

xxxx can be same or different from those from yonex. They may not be as
    good as yonex rackets, but I am interested to know a list of those with
    good performance. I saw a Yonex MP 9000 the other day and
    it seems ok, but it has no MP.

4. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    If it looks like a fake, smells like a fake, feels like a fake then it's a----. You guys kill me with your fakes. If you don't want to lay out the bucks for the original find a good brand name raquet that isn't a Yonex and play with it. If a company has to sell a fake how do you know what materials and workmanship are going into that raquet on a consistent basis? At least when you buy a Yonex it's not pretending. Besides when you support fakes you aren't buying from a company that supports the game with sponsorship $$$ or gives anything back, they only take.( your very real money)

5. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Hmmm...I am assuming that by "fake" you meant racquets that are marketted as "Yonex" racquets. That is, it has the Yonex name and logo but is a model that is not part of Yonex's production line (not Yonex racquets manufactured specifically for certain markets).

As LB has alluded to, there are a number of manufacturers who try to "clone" Yonex's popular models (e.g. Winex, Hi-Qua, Fleet, etc). The trouble is that these clones are not exactly the same as the original. They might cosmetically similar but their balance, feel, playability are different. These racquets are not considered to be "fake" but clones.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ahhh... Hopefully I did not mis-understand ur point.

But I think, there's huge difference between pure "fake" and "clonex". For fake rackets, they call themselves "Yonex", some even with crappy serial # and logo. They do this, just purely trick customers who has limited knowledge about rackets, and gain profit.

However, "clonex" are different. Yeah, somehow they might share the similar paint job, or similar model names, but they do have their own brands. The popular ones (Winex for example) have already established their own reputation, and certain models fit for certain types of players even better than the original Yonex. Also, many players also willing to get "clonex" racket due to cheaper price and good performance. I don't think there's anything wrong with this compare to pure "fake" rackets.

7. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    i've tried using a fake mp100 and cab15 long sp. both good rackets which can be strung at 25lbs using orig bg65 string. i don't mind if it breaks coz i only payed for a fraction of the price of an original yonex. the mp99 fake will be available this month. i've seen this here but was not able to buy because the store ran out of stocks. the cost here in manila is around US$35 for the fakes.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    U talking about the "fakes"??? I mean, the ones with Yonex logo and some crappy "serial #" on that? Or just anothe clone? If it's a clone, can u let us know which manufacture is that?

Either case, if u can post a pic, that will be good for us.

9. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    fake or clone...whatever man! sorry i don't have a digi cam. can't post the picture for all of you. the store owner told me that they're manufactured in taiwan and china by generic badminton racket factories. the latest ones have the serial numbers on it. honestly speaking, the craftsmanship is great. about 97% nearly perfect. as i've said before, the grommets on the mp series is most noticeable. aside from that...perfect!

10. eightgeese

eightgeese Regular Member

good day bambini!

that was pretty interesting... i guess i have to get one myself. where can i reach you for the info i.e. store location, etc. i hope i get a response from you. thanks in advance.

eightgeese

11. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    hi eightgeese! you can reach me thru +639178341208 (mobile number).