nanospeed9900 vs tantrum300

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dyrtla, Apr 24, 2010.

1. dyrtla

dyrtla Regular Member

after hearing all the rave reviews about tantrum 300, i have decided to try it out ages ago, but still havnt had a chance to try it.

my current go-to racket is nanospeed9900, and i would like to see how the tantrum300 compares to the nanospeed9900 in terms of:

maneuvarability
    power
    defense
    feel
    swing speed

thanks.

2. druss

druss Regular Member

I wouldn't really compare the 300 to the 9900. The 300 is a good racket for what you get and I'd recommend it to anyone in the $100 USD range as it's as good as or better than most rackets in that range.

Comparing it to a racket 2.5 times more expensive is not really fair. About the only thing I'd say it does as good or better is the smash.

3. dyrtla

dyrtla Regular Member

more expensive doesnt necessarily mean its superior, although that is the case in many occasions. NS9900 and tantrum have different balance point, and stiffness. to be honest, i like nearly everything about the ns9900, but its just that it doesnt feel solid enough. If tantrum300 is just slightly below ns9900, I'd take the tantrum300 for its solidness.
    Well, for a more 'fair' comparison, how do you compare tantrum300 to trinity 2?

4. visor

visor Regular Member

The advantage of a T2 is that you know what wt and bp specs you're getting and if you prefer a certain spec, you can order it that way. Also, T2 will cut thru the air faster due to its aero frame and the shaft's power is very easily accesible due to a high kick-point, I believe.

From what I understand of the Tantrum 300, APACS added an internal T-joint to reduce torsion, but doing so, there is a 1 g increase in wt from 86-88g to 87-89g... which is significantly heavier than T2 v.2 which weighs 84-87g. For me, the chance of getting a 88-89g Tantrum 300 with unknown bp (which they range from 280-290mm) is too much of an uncertainty, as I prefer 85-86g rackets with bp 285mm for fast mens doubles.

5. dyrtla

dyrtla Regular Member

thats what drew me back from buying the tantrum 300. Ive heard the issue with APACS is that they are not so good at keeping the specs relatively the same.

6. druss

druss Regular Member

I don`t know why everyone keeps making an issue over the ability to choose the specs... The distibrutor that I buy most of my rackets from is willing to match my requested specs as much as possible. Just request a certain spec. You can do that for any racket not just Panda Power ones.