Bad Habit?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by J.j_chan, Apr 25, 2010.

1. J.j_chan

J.j_chan Regular Member

Student
    Today,after a few match that i have,i start to notice that i have a bad habit,sometimes when my opponent hit the birdie,i flinch and put my whole body weight at my back leg.This flinch of mine is only good when my opponent do a clear or any stroke to my back field since with my weight at back leg i can go to back field really fast,but when they do a stroke that land the birdie in front field,then i wont have enough time to reach the birdie since i waste like 1 second flinching and my weight is at back leg.

Did anyone here experience the same problem and is there a way to get rid of it?

2. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

I've experienced that problem. When I first started playing in competitive tournaments,
    I found myself always on edge; I guess you could say I was nervous so my body went into a reflex mode. I was trying to anticipate too much, as a result, I lost alot of points before the rally even started.

Now that I have had some training and experience in tournaments, I am alot more relaxed. If you try to relax your mind and body, your flinch might go away.

I have a bad habit of spinning my racket between shots...hehe...

Good luck.

3. J.j_chan

J.j_chan Regular Member

Student
    i see so it becuz i was trying to anticipate too much huh...well i will try to be more relax and see if it goes well.

Everyone have their bad habit i use to spin my racket be4 i hit the birdie..to look kool but i notice that i was wasting time,instead of charging power for a swing a spin my racket :3