Anyone want to play in HK around Aug. 15-29?

Discussion in 'China / Hong Kong' started by yuenie, Apr 25, 2010.

1. yuenie

yuenie Regular Member

Student
    I'm an intermediate 18 year-old player from the USA and will be visiting Hong Kong (living around the Chai Wan area) from August 15-29, 2010. Would anyone be up to playing a couple times? I'm fine with playing in a rec center, a real court, or on a non-windy day at a park, and I can speak Cantonese as well.

I also have some questions... Where are some stores that sell a decent range of badminton equips in HK? And where are some recreation centers or badminton courts that one can sign up to use? Is it difficult to sign up for a time slot? Thanks! :)

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Yes, its quite difficult to book and since its summer holidays, it'll probably be even harder. We book for a month in advance and even then its very hard to book.

3. Choyonn

Choyonn Regular Member

I am visiting HK from 27 Oct - 1 Nov, count me in!

4. jetball

jetball Regular Member

count me in too!! I also live the Chai Wan area. will be in hk til sept

5. winstonchan

winstonchan Regular Member

CBO (Chief Babysitting Officer)
    you guys are more than welcome to have a few sessions with team mbs, chaiwan sports centre every thrusday, would be good to know your standard and see if we can fit you in... please visit the mbs website and you'll see the the times and courts under Club MBS section.

6. Choyonn

Choyonn Regular Member

I checked the MBS website, seems good. But what concerns me is the time, as Im not a local and I am not going to drive in HK. I will be staying in Shatin, is that a little too far? How can I go back to my hotel after 11pm, is taxi the only choice? Thanks.

7. winstonchan

winstonchan Regular Member

CBO (Chief Babysitting Officer)
    hey Choyonn, Shatin is a little far and after 11pm you can still get onto the mtr but i'm not sure when the last train to shatin is, taxi is another option but would cost you around HK$150-200 or thereabout...

team mbs has players living in Sai Kung and Tung Chung (airport) so you're not that far out comparatively. We welcome you anytime and drop us a line on email or pm me should you wish to join for a session. Thank you.