User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 24
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    SF/BayArea, California, USA
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question 100 Ways To Have Broken Your Racket!!! T_t

    Just for fun, I'd like to start a thread on various ways you badmintoners out there have broken your rackets... intentionally or much more likely, unintentionally. Tell as many of your stories as you want, even if it's not about your racket being broken.

    my short story for one of the rackets i've broken: I attempted smashing, but instead rimmed the shuttlecock, breaking the rackethead at the same time... =_= ... well, i wish i could be smiling about that *forces a smile* ...btw, it was a Yonex AT-900 Tech

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne,UK
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Went for an inbetween the legs shot ( back at shuttle) racket hit floor. ;/

  3. #3
    Regular Member Blurry D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Yishun
    Posts
    1,810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I did a lower backhand swing and smack the floor. It was an AT 700 old version.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Toronto,Ontario
    Posts
    1,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    banged my first 99 on my knee after a smash.. 11 o'clock cracked .

  5. #5
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,564
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not me, but I saw an NS800 break yesterday because the user kept hitting the insole of his shoe with it when he got annoyed. He's playing in a tournament tomorrow, but with what I don't know.

    Oh, and there's a couple of lads who throw their rackets in the air when they lose long rallies, and one BS08 has broken on a girder at the top of the arc about 30 feet up.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Not me, but I saw an NS800 break yesterday because the user kept hitting the insole of his shoe with it when he got annoyed. He's playing in a tournament tomorrow, but with what I don't know.

    Oh, and there's a couple of lads who throw their rackets in the air when they lose long rallies, and one BS08 has broken on a girder at the top of the arc about 30 feet up.
    No offense but those people kinda tick me... they lost for a reason... don't mistreat these beautiful rackets please.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quik_silver View Post
    banged my first 99 on my knee after a smash.. 11 o'clock cracked .
    Sounds very much like how one of my friends broke a Carlton racket (no idea which model but a low end one). He made an attempt at a desperate shot through his legs with his back facing the net. Somehow, the shuttle made it but on the follow-through, he hit the racket on his knee and broke it (the racket that is - the damage to his knee wasn't quite that severe ). He shouted in agony and grabbed his leg but after he had recovered, everyone on or near the court burst out laughing. It was honestly one of the funniest things I have ever seen happen when playing badminton. I don't think the true hilarity of the situation will come across that well over the internet but take my word for it, it was a pretty special way to kill a racket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Not me, but I saw an NS800 break yesterday because the user kept hitting the insole of his shoe with it when he got annoyed. He's playing in a tournament tomorrow, but with what I don't know.

    Oh, and there's a couple of lads who throw their rackets in the air when they lose long rallies, and one BS08 has broken on a girder at the top of the arc about 30 feet up.
    I have seen a few people do both the things that you described and it isn't nice to watch at all. I'm really not a fan of racket abuse; I think it shows disrespect for your equipment and the game. I must admit though, watching someone throw a racket up and then to see it come down broken would probably be quite a funny death for a racket as well.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,564
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've just remembered probably the funniest ever racket death I have ever witnessed - it's posted somwhere else in BC, but who cares:

    I was in the middle of a MD game and my partner lifted short to... let's call him "Phil" (for that is his name). Phil takes a huge caveman swing at the shuttle... and is left holding only his racket handle; everything from the cone upwards flies thirty feet horizontally and smashes into a breezeblock wall, hitting a spot no more than two feet from his own girlfriend. I was completely hysterical for the next 15 mins, literally in tears and foetal.

    Second prize goes to Gavin, who let go of his MP99 on a huge backhand drive to have it smash into a basketball backboard a good 20 feet away (no, it didn't go through the hoop).

    I agree with Dan on racket abuse - it's overtly aggressive and intimidating - but there have been times I've really wanted to boot mine into space after cocking up a complete sitter of a shot. Perhaps it's best that I can't afford to do it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne,UK
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I've just remembered probably the funniest ever racket death I have ever witnessed - it's posted somwhere else in BC, but who cares:

    I was in the middle of a MD game and my partner lifted short to... let's call him "Phil" (for that is his name). Phil takes a huge caveman swing at the shuttle... and is left holding only his racket handle; everything from the cone upwards flies thirty feet horizontally and smashes into a breezeblock wall, hitting a spot no more than two feet from his own girlfriend. I was completely hysterical for the next 15 mins, literally in tears and foetal.

    Second prize goes to Gavin, who let go of his MP99 on a huge backhand drive to have it smash into a basketball backboard a good 20 feet away (no, it didn't go through the hoop).


    I agree with Dan on racket abuse - it's overtly aggressive and intimidating - but there have been times I've really wanted to boot mine into space after cocking up a complete sitter of a shot. Perhaps it's best that I can't afford to do it.
    I remember someone on the forium posting they'd broken a racket (Woven 8) i think. Testing the stiffness - the shaft snapped

  10. #10
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,564
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingbadabada View Post
    I remember someone on the forium posting they'd broken a racket (Woven 8) i think. Testing the stiffness - the shaft snapped
    ...so, not stiff enough then? Breaking a racket while testing... man, that would hurt. I'm waiting for the day when I see someone break a string while patting the face of a newly-strung racket...

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Playing in a tiny village hall

    Playing in a tiny one court village court with the walls less than 6 inches away. On one side there was door ways into a kitchen, backhand drive onto a right angled corner, my old prince diamond shaped head didn't stand a chance

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    ...so, not stiff enough then? Breaking a racket while testing... man, that would hurt. I'm waiting for the day when I see someone break a string while patting the face of a newly-strung racket...
    i'd be so surprised and stunned xD

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nanjing,China
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    当弓箭和at打到一起。。。。
    弓箭直接报废。。。
    这算一种方法。。。

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Toronto,Ontario
    Posts
    1,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SamsonSun View Post
    当弓箭和at打到一起。。。。
    弓箭直接报废。。。
    这算一种方法。。。

    ........ you need to use english to express yourself..

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    SF/BayArea, California, USA
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quik_silver View Post
    ........ you need to use english to express yourself..
    haha, i agree. online translator result:

    当弓箭和at打到一起。。。。
    弓箭直接报废。。。
    这算一种方法。。。
    -->
    When hit with the bow and at. . . .
    Arrows direct scrapped. . .
    This calculation method. . .

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    muscat
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh... i understood......!!!!!!!!!!

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    opening a door then when you least expect it, it closes on the head of your racket, another one (well not really broken but), there's this man, playing against several pros with his racket, i think it was an arcsaber 008, he won a match, for some reason, he was really happy, throws his racket in the air, it gets caught in something, to this day, his beloved racket is still up there, i think, they probably got it down now i guess

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yet another broken racket...!
    By crashandburn in forum Broken Rackets
    Replies: 24
    : 08-26-2007, 05:58 PM
  2. broken racket!! ):
    By BombaTwIsT in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 47
    : 04-03-2007, 03:25 AM
  3. Possible Broken Racket???
    By LelandH in forum Broken Rackets
    Replies: 4
    : 05-12-2005, 12:43 PM
  4. Any ways to get a racket re-painted?
    By john10235 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 10
    : 03-01-2005, 03:15 AM
  5. Broken racket
    By albert69 in forum Broken Rackets
    Replies: 8
    : 10-20-2003, 04:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •