100 Ways To Have Broken Your Racket!!! T_t

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by chrisnchips, Apr 26, 2010.

1. chrisnchips

chrisnchips Regular Member

Student
    Just for fun, I'd like to start a thread on various ways you badmintoners out there have broken your rackets... intentionally or much more likely, unintentionally. Tell as many of your stories as you want, even if it's not about your racket being broken.

my short story for one of the rackets i've broken: I attempted smashing, but instead rimmed the shuttlecock, breaking the rackethead at the same time... =_= :D... well, i wish i could be smiling about that *forces a smile* ...btw, it was a Yonex AT-900 Tech

2. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    Went for an inbetween the legs shot ( back at shuttle) racket hit floor. ;/

3. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I did a lower backhand swing and smack the floor. It was an AT 700 old version.

4. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    banged my first 99 on my knee after a smash.. 11 o'clock cracked .

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Not me, but I saw an NS800 break yesterday because the user kept hitting the insole of his shoe with it when he got annoyed. He's playing in a tournament tomorrow, but with what I don't know:p.

Oh, and there's a couple of lads who throw their rackets in the air when they lose long rallies, and one BS08 has broken on a girder at the top of the arc about 30 feet up:D.

6. RyomaEchizen

RyomaEchizen Regular Member

No offense but those people kinda tick me... they lost for a reason... don't mistreat these beautiful rackets please.

7. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Sounds very much like how one of my friends broke a Carlton racket (no idea which model but a low end one). He made an attempt at a desperate shot through his legs with his back facing the net. Somehow, the shuttle made it but on the follow-through, he hit the racket on his knee and broke it (the racket that is - the damage to his knee wasn't quite that severe :rolleyes:). He shouted in agony and grabbed his leg but after he had recovered, everyone on or near the court burst out laughing. It was honestly one of the funniest things I have ever seen happen when playing badminton. I don't think the true hilarity of the situation will come across that well over the internet but take my word for it, it was a pretty special way to kill a racket.

I have seen a few people do both the things that you described and it isn't nice to watch at all. I'm really not a fan of racket abuse; I think it shows disrespect for your equipment and the game. I must admit though, watching someone throw a racket up and then to see it come down broken would probably be quite a funny death for a racket as well.

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've just remembered probably the funniest ever racket death I have ever witnessed - it's posted somwhere else in BC, but who cares;):

I was in the middle of a MD game and my partner lifted short to... let's call him "Phil" (for that is his name). Phil takes a huge caveman swing at the shuttle... and is left holding only his racket handle; everything from the cone upwards flies thirty feet horizontally and smashes into a breezeblock wall, hitting a spot no more than two feet from his own girlfriend. I was completely hysterical for the next 15 mins, literally in tears and foetal:D.

Second prize goes to Gavin, who let go of his MP99 on a huge backhand drive to have it smash into a basketball backboard a good 20 feet away (no, it didn't go through the hoop:p).

I agree with Dan on racket abuse - it's overtly aggressive and intimidating - but there have been times I've really wanted to boot mine into space after cocking up a complete sitter of a shot. Perhaps it's best that I can't afford to do it:).

9. Swingbadabada

Swingbadabada Regular Member

Student
    I remember someone on the forium posting they'd broken a racket (Woven 8) i think. Testing the stiffness - the shaft snapped

10. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

...so, not stiff enough then?:D Breaking a racket while testing... man, that would hurt. I'm waiting for the day when I see someone break a string while patting the face of a newly-strung racket...

11. Froghide

Froghide New Member

Playing in a tiny village hall

Playing in a tiny one court village court with the walls less than 6 inches away. On one side there was door ways into a kitchen, backhand drive onto a right angled corner, my old prince diamond shaped head didn't stand a chance

12. RyomaEchizen

RyomaEchizen Regular Member

i'd be so surprised and stunned xD

13. SamsonSun

SamsonSun Regular Member

Student
    当弓箭和at打到一起。。。。
    弓箭直接报废。。。
    这算一种方法。。。

14. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst

........ you need to use english to express yourself..

15. chrisnchips

chrisnchips Regular Member

Student
    haha, i agree. online translator result:

当弓箭和at打到一起。。。。
    弓箭直接报废。。。
    这算一种方法。。。
    -->
    When hit with the bow and at. . . .
    Arrows direct scrapped. . .
    This calculation method. . .

16. ajintom

ajintom Regular Member

student
    oh... i understood......!!!!!!!!!!

17. ilostmybrain

ilostmybrain Regular Member

Student
    opening a door then when you least expect it, it closes on the head of your racket, another one (well not really broken but), there's this man, playing against several pros with his racket, i think it was an arcsaber 008, he won a match, for some reason, he was really happy, throws his racket in the air, it gets caught in something, to this day, his beloved racket is still up there, i think, they probably got it down now i guess

18. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    I did this with a new tube of feather shuttles, whilst trying to get a new cricket ball off the top of the cricket nets in my local sports hall... I picked the full tube up instead of the empty one. Then had to spend the next 10 minutes throwing the empty one up to get the new tube back. Never did get the cricket ball...

I broke a racket playing a normal drop shot. Admittedly the racket had been clashed and the graphite was damaged. It was quite amusing for my opponents and partner though to see the racket give up after such a gentle shot. Especially the attempt at a return shot with a semi-collapsed frame which went flying off into the other court even though I thought I'd hit the shot cleanly (and I though in a straight line).

19. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    I guy in my club was being upset-ed by a player supposedly weaker...
    he suddenly shooted the plastic box in which you put the bags, and destroyed the box haha
    hopefully the AT900P was intact :D

20. kyle92

kyle92 Regular Member

I watched my friend play doubles with a beginner and when we went for the smash, his partner didn't go far forward enough or duck, and he broke his racket on his head. I almost dies laughing :)