Suggestions for a replacement racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by radicalrev, Apr 27, 2010.

1. radicalrev

radicalrev Regular Member

Saw a hairline crack on my AT700 today. I was wondering which racket I should go for?

I liked the AT700, but I want something different; something with speed and power.

I also have the NS7000, and is not my go to racket, power is not comparable to my AT700.

Most of the time I play doubles and on few occasions singles.

I like the reviews on the newer Yonex NS9900, will this be suitable?

Or should I just stick with the AT series like the 900P or 900T?

Last but not least, is there a cheaper alternative to Non-Yonex rackets that has similar attributes as the AT900 series or the NS9900?

Opinions and suggestions is greatly appreciated. :)

2. OliverHH

OliverHH Regular Member

Student
    Going from AT700 to NS9900 would be some change.. AT700 is one of the most head heavy yonex rackets, and NS9900 being head light, I think you'd have some trouble adjusting to the difference..

My suggestion would be an ARC-series racket.. Being more even balanced, you would gain the speed you seek, without sacrificing too much power..

As you play doubles, I'd suggest the ARC8DX, or maybe ARC10..

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Victor Bravesword 11

4. radicalrev

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

ARC8DX seems interesting, but I have read that the Arc10 is so so...

I have been reading alot about Victor BS and SW, definitely another choice to make.
    If I go with the Victor, I am currently leaning on the SW35 with so my hype about the ability to smash well.

How would Yonex AT900P compared to the SW35 though?

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have the SW35 and it beats the ATs in basically every area, IMO but I think BS11 is better suited for doubles SW35 = 10/10 for singles.

6. vctrku

vctrku Regular Member

Oh dude! If you want a cheap alternative to Yonex rackets, APACS ALL THE WAY! Apacs has many clones of Yonex rackets and they are amongst the best clones you will find. They have the clones of both the Yonex models you wanted to try and they would be the Nano 900 Power Red or White (clones of the Yonex AT900P/T) and the Nano 9900 (clone of the Yonex NS9900). Many even say the Apacs clones feel better than their Yonex counterparts. Sir Panda being a prime example. You could also try Apacs own lines of rackets. Many say they are way better than the clones and I tend to agree with them. Seriously, these rackets are awesome and they are soooo cheap! The only drawback is that people claim the durability of Apacs rackets are not that great but I have never come across such problems.

7. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

If you want cheap power, you can check out Apacs like the above poster stated. From Apacs, you can try the Tantrum 300, Lethal 70 or Armor Muscle Pro 101. Those are Apacs top power rackets.

8. radicalrev

Would you mind explaining what's the difference between the two? How head heavy is BS11 compared to the ATs? Would you say better than the AT900s'?

9. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    I would say go for at900 if you prefer head heavy, but since it's a bit rare for doubles to play head heavy i'd say go for ns séries.. Ns9900 is said to be the best double racquet...

10. druss

druss Regular Member

I use the AT900T for doubles all the time. Mind you not many of the guys I play with have a super hard smash so I don't need the speed of a light head very often.

I do have to state that if you're playing with plastic shuttles that the NS9900 is pretty difficult to generate power with.

11. radicalrev

I prefer a head heavy or at least a balance towards head heavy than a head light rackets.

If I am not mistaken, the mixed doubles from Indonesia uses the AT900P.

12. Many Ch0icez

Many Ch0icez Regular Member

Student
    AT900P YEAHHH i have the ns9900. I loved my at900p while it lasted. Ima get another AT

13. what07

what07 Regular Member

Why did you get the 9900 then :rolleyes:

AT900T is best for doubles IMO. But I used apacs nano power 900 white since I didn't like how the stiffness of the 900T was before.

14. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    SW35 is more powerful, better feel and easier to smash and play lobbing. However, BS11 has a softer shaft and is better for driving shuttle. If you push alot, BS series is better. However if you are inclined to attk more than defence, get the SW35. Be warn that it is demanding yet very satisfying. Seriously, if you got good technique and power, not many people can return a direct hit from SW35. AT700 and AT900 is not as stiff as SW35. Powerwise SW35 also better. Both SW35 and BS11. Victor offers very good racket at prices more competitive than yonex although price went up after they sponsor the korean team. If you play with high tension, more advisable to get victor as string will not eat into the frame with high tension or when you break it, it is cheaper as compared to yonex

15. visor

visor Regular Member

APACS Lethal 70, as someone else mentioned. Perfectly head heavy for your liking.

16. radicalrev

I might have to look up Apacs since so many are recommending.

Anyhow, as for Victor, I been reading more reviews and narrowed down to 3 choices, BS11, SW35 and SW36.

Those that have experience any of the three please comment on how it compares with one another or how it compares to the Yonex AT900.

17. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    If you apreciate even balanced then try arc7 or 8DX (a bit head heavy) !

18. k3mistry

k3mistry New Member

I second huangxl...I have both SW 35 + 36 .. SW 35 being head heavy packs a nicer punch... it delivers.

19. amleto

amleto Regular Member

according to yonex's charts, ns9900 and arc7 / arc8dx are very similar in terms of balance point.

do they not feel the same balance when actually playing with them?

20. radicalrev

How does the SW36 compared with the SW35 and AT900?