Yonex Arc 10 vs Victor bravesword

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by nangkhuya, Apr 27, 2010.

1. nangkhuya

nangkhuya Regular Member

Hi all

I'm a men double player. I have the Yonex Arc 10 but it's too heavy for me, I can't generate power from it. maybe I'm not strong enough, I'm choosing my new racket and have heard many good things about Victor.

I wonder if the bravesword series can fit me better than Arc 10

Hope that you can help me

Thanks in advance

nang

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    For starters, is your Arc10 3U or 2U? I suspect its probably 3U and if it is, then you could possibly look at the 4U Braveswords as those would be a bit lighter.

3. nangkhuya

nangkhuya Regular Member

Thank you for your quick response.

My Arc 10 is 3u. But I wonder the 4u braveswords can generate enough power, since people said that the braveswords are generally lighter than Arc (the design of frame and shafts).

Should I try the bravesword 11 3u?

anyone have experienced bravesword 11 and arc 10.

nang

4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    You'll have to sacrifice power for the lighter weight. Also, the BS may be more aerodynamic but a 3U still falls between 85-89.9g

5. nangkhuya

nangkhuya Regular Member

I wonder how bravesword11 compared to Arc 10 in stiffness since I'm not sure if the weight or the stiffness that I can't handle

nang

6. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    I'd look at something lighter and more even balanced to headlight, with a flexier shaft than the Arc10, if you're having issues with it.

The BS11 isn't really going to help you in that respect.

7. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    \

I used to own the ARc 10 and currently own a BS11 3U. The BS11 is less stiff but much faster than the ARC 10. Power wise, that is subjective but for me, i got a little more power from the BS11. I wouldnt consider at BS11 4U because it would be way too light.

8. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

I own an Arc 10 (3U) and BS 11 (4U).
    The first difference between the 2 is the frame. BS frame is sharper (swordlike frame) which cuts the air faster and you get the pitching sound. The Arc 10 is more rounded aerodynamic frame. BS is faster, Arc 10 has more momentum.
    Second, BS is more head heavy than Arc 10. But since the frame is different, the BS is still manouverable.
    Third, the shaft length of BS is longer than Arc 10. BS shaft length is similar to Arc Z and Ti-10.
    Fourth, BS has a slightly more flexible feeling due to the length of the shaft.

9. nangkhuya

nangkhuya Regular Member

thanks all for your valuable information.

@ Easy Tiger : so any racket that you recommend. Since I don't have much knowledge about rackets.

@ all : BS11 is less demanding than Acr 10?

FYI, I use my arms too smash, not my wrist (my bad :()

nang

10. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

Your statement above is the main reason why you cannot generate power from your Arc10. You use your arms.
    I would recommend to use other rackets instead (not these 2 rackets discussed) These 2 rackets are stiff rackets. You need to use your wrist to generate power from both.
    Try rackets with more flexible shaft. If you like premium rackets, try something like Armortec 600, Bravesword 09 for head heavy rackets. Nanospeed 7000 for head light. Arc7/Arc100limited for balanced racket.

11. amleto

amleto Regular Member

the nano 7000 is still a stiff shaft though, isn't it?

12. what07

what07 Regular Member

Maybe an Arc 7 (balance) or Nanospeed 7700 (headlight) those aren't too stiff and are pretty easy to use.

13. Easy Tiger

Bum
    I have a bit of a soft spot for the 7700. I've only played a couple of games with one, but it really sticks in my head as a really nice, quick, and easy to use racket, no matter what your style.

14. nangkhuya

nangkhuya Regular Member

thanks all

I also have Lethal 40 (4u on the shaft but its weight is 3u). I really like the bravesword 11, anyone have compared the stiffness of bravesword 11 and lethal 50.

The main reason bothering me with Lethal 40 is the defence. it's hard to lift the shuttle to the baseline when defending smash.

nang

15. Easy Tiger

Bum
    The Lethal 50 is marginally stiffer than the BS11.

The BS11 has good defense and good power, but like I said in my review recently, the 'powerband' is relatively high on the racket head, so to tap into it you need to take the shuttle earlier. No biggie - it's just not an instantly comfortable racket, if you know what I mean.

If you're keen on APACS, don't forget about the Tantrum 200.

I'm still not convinced that if you don't like the Arc10, that the BS11 is going to be your cup-of-tea.

16. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

I used to own Tantrum 200. It is an awesome racket. However, it is definitely a stiff racket and I have to use wrist to apply power.
    IMO, Tantrum 200 is stiffer than Arc10.

17. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Try the BS09 or BS11. You will not like BS10 i guarantee it. You need a powerful wrist to hit smash for a light and stiff racket. BS11 is stiffer and high heavier. BS09 is even balance and not as stiff. If you ask me, since you have problem getting power from Arc10 (Which i use to own), get BS09. Don't be too concern when people say BS09 has no power. That is for people with very strong wrist. For people who cannot flex the shaft, using a more friendly racket like BS09 will actually give you bigger smash. Get the racket to suit urself and not what people say. Anyway the angle of the smash is more important than the power. I would say go for the 3U BS09.

18. nangkhuya

nangkhuya Regular Member

thanks all for your advice.

I was close to get the BS9 one month ago. but after trying my friend BS9, I changed my mind since my smash was not steep as my current rackets. maybe since all my rackets were head heavy so I'm not comfortable with BS9's balance.

That's why I wanna test the BS11 but since none of my friends have it so I cant try until buying one.

I will be a big national holiday in Vietnam in 2 days and the rackets will be for sale. I think I have to make the decision soon. BS9 or Bs11??? hichic

nang

19. nangkhuya

nangkhuya Regular Member

one more thing I wanna add is I'm more back court (always smash whenever I have chance). but I've moved to another group who are better than me so I have to learn to be around guy in order to be at the front as well. but I'm still more comfortable when smashing at the back.

nang

20. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

To do a steeper smash, you need to adjust your timing and positioning, especially when you use a new racket. Coming from Arc-10 to BS09, you need a least a few sessions to get used to the stiffness.
    Just like HuangXL said. If you use more arm than wrist, a more flexible racket would generate more power than a stiff racket.
    IMO, BS09 would serve you better.