racquet recommendation, please help

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ric_nyc, Apr 29, 2010.

1. ric_nyc

ric_nyc Regular Member

Dear all,

I am new to this forum and i would like to have your views for racquet recommendation.

Since I won't have much access to demo racquet, I will base my decision mostly on your opinions, and i will try to give as much info about myself as possible:

-- serious amateur level: I play well, but know almost nothin about the racquets nowaways;
    -- currently using wilson ncode n6: got it yrs ago, i love light racquet, i am that kind of run around and defensive type, the racquet is good, i just want a second racquet;
    -- requirement: (1) light overall, but i wish to have more smashing power, so i think i want something with more weight distributed to the head; (2) planning to have string tension at around 28-30lbs (yonex 95 string), so i need something strong enough to hold this kind of tension (the n6 i currently have can't hold that much tension, i have it at around 26lbs); (3) in conclusion, something light, but can do offensive type.
    -- have a yonex ti-6 from years ago, barely use it coz it seems to be too heavy to me, i like to move my wrist quick.
    -- budget: i don't need much new technology or fancy stuffs, so i don't need the newest model since i don't think if i use something like arcsaber z or 10, i ll become a world champion all the sudden, simply, i am not equipment-oriented, i just need something works and suit my need; i am willing to pay up to USD $130.

Thank you all!!
    Ric

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

you say you want heady heavy, but then you want to move your wrist quick. You can always snap your wrist quicker with head light racquets, all else being equal, so which do you prefer?

3. ric_nyc

ric_nyc Regular Member

my bad i should make it more clear: light in weight overall, but more weight distribute to the head in stead to the butt--my wilson n6 is very light, but the weight distribution is like all even, so i want a light one, but more weight to the head instead of to the butt.

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

well, one racket springs to my mind, but it's a top-end one: yonex armortec 700. It's 4u so is a light racket, but is one of the most head-heavy rackets around.

I don't know what other manufacturers have something similar, but apacs probably have a clone of the AT700

5. ric_nyc

ric_nyc Regular Member

yes i kind of heard about this racket before, it seems exactly what i am looking for. is there any other similar racket? thanks.

6. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Reading through, you probably want something somewhat stiffer than more headheavy. I recommend you take a look at DC Badminton's Trinity 2. You can almost specify the weight and balance you want it :).

7. ric_nyc

ric_nyc Regular Member

interesting. thanks for your input, those look awesome, i will contact them tomorrow and try to build one, just that what's the price gonna be around? after some research and the opinion from you guys, i think my mind has cleared up a bit: something with 4U level of weight, something can hold 28lbs - 30lbs tension of string and can be offensive. i ll seriously consider the above choices, but anymore?