Hello all: from a longtime BC lover

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by stanster213, Apr 30, 2010.

1. stanster213

stanster213 Regular Member

Still a student... STRIVE for excellence in everyt
    Greetings, BadmintonCentral.com forumers! 大家好!!

I have actually been reading extensively from here since 2005, so I have been here for quite a while, despite not having posted until now...
    Today, I suddenly had the impulse to make my first post (after talking to limsy), wakaka :rolleyes:.

A Short intro into my badminton related side of life...I am a 15 year old boy (just refer to me as 'Ah Jing' for now, or my username :p) from KL, Malaysia, who currently studies in Canada. I have had an INTENSE passion for badminton ever since I started playing hard in Malaysia during my school summer breaks since quite young; and ever since I have been (trying to) reading everyday here at BC... Mm.. I probably think about badminton more than I should leh :eek: hehe. I aim to strive for excellence in everything I do, and always go all out in my training, whether in (preferably) Malaysia or in Canada to ensure that it is of top quality as often and as consistently as possible. When I don't have a chance on court, I even practise some of my skills at home as best as I can.. I highly believe that MENTAL TOUGHNESS, PATIENCE, DISCIPLINE, POSITIVE/STRONG ATTITUDE (as well as good humbleness/humility) is very impt in EVERYTHING we do in life lah.... ;):eek::D:D:cool: Furthermore, I have been very inspired by M'sia's all- M'sia final in BD at the WJR recently..(take champion and runner up:cool:) :rolleyes: My dream, if it ever comes, is to eventually play for Malaysia........:eek: (but dreams are nothing without ACTION... like talent is nothing without hard work at the highest levels. :eek:)

Well, I am pleasured and honoured to have finally made my first post here, after having been here for such a while. I must finally thank ah sifu Kwun, as well as all the regular members here, for creating and polishing up this amazing and #1 badminton resource..! :D:D

(Don't worry if I do not post much - I am probably reading your threads anyway.. walao! :eek::p:D:D:D) wakakakaka...

Everyone pls ENJOY the upcoming Thomas and Uber cups :D:D;):rolleyes:

All the best to everyone. :) (Malaysia BOLEH, but everyone GAMBATEH :D:p:D)

Jia you...

2. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Welcome !!
    Enjoy the forum !

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Welcoming stanster213 to BadmintonCentral !!!

Hi Ah Jing,

Welcome to BadmintonCentral !!! :):):)

Yes, I have heard of many people like you; that is reading BC for many years without posting/saying anything.

It's great to read your first post.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Welcome! :) Thanks for sharing about yourself.

5. stanster213

Thanks every1..

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.

Looking forward to becoming more of a regular poster than jus a regular reader, like chriscc said... haha

PS.. ants... I heard about some1 saying that u speculate release of (official) yy armortec 1000 in maybe the next few months.. - is this a real deal?? :D
    if it is, looking forward to ur first-impression reviews :D
    also.. have u managed to sit in the thomas simulation cup matches in kl this year?? :p

#5 stanster213, May 1, 2010
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    why mention my name?
    welcome here
    my senior:D

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, stanster213 (Ah Jing)!:)..You can check out the Places to Play/Clubs/Local Events->Canada East for places & folks to play with..It's good you're still following baddy even if you're in Canada, not losing interest. A lof of people are anticipating the T&UC this yr; even the taxi driver i rode with was excited (yes, i'm currently visiting M'sia)...You should check out the 2010 Tournaments->T&UC sub-forum to follow all the actions..
    Keep visiting us & enjoy your time here!:cool:

8. stanster213

Excited for TUC...

Ha2 thanks bros...
    Maybe that I have been here for a long time on this forum (5 yrs), I am still being welcomed because I jus made my first post lah... :p Very good to see that, bcforumers very warm and friendly (still) :eek: haha. It's like that Chinese expression: The hardest step in a journey to 1000 miles (or >20000 posts that some here have achieved :p) by land is the first step (post in this case).

To ctjcad... Yes definitely, Thank you for the suggestion.
    :) Yes, it is definitely considerably harder to find places to play in Canada (however, I am fortunate to currently train and have connection with ah Dominic Soong, 1976 Thomas cupper of the "forgotten" yr..:crying: - mungkin he, along with imported coach like Kim DM and Ardy is why Canada is decent/ not at too bad level in badminton today, to spread the word..)... but in Malaysia, it is as easy (almost) as driving/walking around the corner :cool: (if any of u r from Bangsar Park in KL, the Kompleks is not two minutes away from walk, I think..).

Actually ctjcad, I am not only
    not losing any interest in baddy, but GAIN:D (hahah :p): jus by reading here, analyzing how the very best play on Utube, training physically and technically and mentally myself etc.. it's like a positive feedback chain reaction; the more I (have) learned, the more I want to keep learning :p (in pursuit to excellence :cool:hehe) I find BC now almost like a heaven, place to relieve stresses :D
    interest by the second

Hmm, maybe another reason I keep my interest in baddy all this long because I always dreaming of going back to M'sia everyday (I fit in much better with the culture back there, at home mah).. also...mm~~... big bowl of tong prawn mee, nasi (ayam) goreng, world biggest roti canais (haha, remind me of a certain P_;)), maggi mee's everywhere.. who cannot resist la :p:eek: when i'm eating let's say gwai lo spaghetti here in canada restoran, suddenly i close my eyes... hmm... feel's like i'm eating some kind of mee with chili jeung.. but y..y is not spicy ar, y so "masin"??? :D then i open my eyes again, only to find out i am not in malaysia, and I have to pay $50CAN, not 2RM anemore for the bill:rolleyes: wakakakak:D Except I'm fortunate in Canada to go to a school wif vely high expectations in academic as well as very very tough in sports everyday (sadly no/little badminton though of mediocre quality - not surprising as it's in CAN school), as well as doing a lot of other things (almos like BJSS.. except emphasis on diff't sports... mungkin). But, badminton (and formerly table tennis), along with cross training swimming, is by far my FAVORITE sports (and most likely will stay as my fvrt for rest of my life).. i play basketball and frisbee and football (soccer) for fun when I feel like it.

Hmm.. speaking of match following her at BC, I remember following about a month ago Tago vs LCW in AE'10, point by point, where mr.abedeng would update after EVERY point ... nerveracking, esp. final line call (no more words on that - topic shut down here oledi..)

ctjcad, certainly please do enjoy and treasure your time in msia lah (im sure its not your first time), it's amazing for tourists, shoppers, food... enjoy klcc (again) if u have chance la..
    :cool:

To limsy: of course I mention your name lah bro
    :p:D.. sorry if I have done so 2 fast haha.. but yeh, u of course inspire me 2 make my first post (first step on teh 1000 mile journey) ma, after add u as contact leh.... haha.
    nah~ .. me tak boleh ur sr. lah... me many yrs younger than u lah :D:D im the one who should say "thank you, my senior :p;)" call me jr is enuf la, wakaka.. ;)

-one day i hope to be an established "leader" instead of "follower" in badminton (i'm talking in context of a player of course), a burning strive to reach my dreams... life is always a learning process, "that race of life never end until u close ur eyes forever..
    :):): (dr. oon chong teik, vi website)

#8 stanster213, May 1, 2010
  9. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Lucky You, you're already welcomed by the uncles of the forum haha :p :D

10. stanster213

Merci

Merci beacoup Thombad (Je peux parler la francais aussi lah) :D

I am guess I am lucky :D Or maybe just that I said that I have been here for a while :D

(PS edit failed oledi above, above it should say GAIN interest by the second.. haha

11. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Wow you also speak French ?
    Do we speak French in Ottawa ?

'bout the uncles : yeah they may have been touched by the fact that you are an uncle yourself, reading BC since 5 years !

Did you really discover BC at the age of 10 ?!?

12. stanster213

Reply to Thombad

Mais oui, they are right on Quebec border.... :D
    Though I not 2 fond of Quebecois french, love Parisien french :D

Though of couse, I love speaking Cantonese (1st lang), Mandarin, English, know a bit of Malay, want to learn Hokkien and.or hakka, maybe even japanese or korean, hehehe.. so I still call M'sia my true home :).

Yes, I think I actually did discover BC at age of 10 :p;) - when I start to get crazy about badminton from playing as a relative beginner/low intermediate with msia state player/ ex-tom cup player at local Bangsar kompleks in kl.. as well at that age I am fortunate to know relatively a lot abt computers for some1 my age at the time... so I stumble here and the rest is history.. :D explains how popular BC already was 5 years ago to have allowed me to stumble here (from google or something like dat, i think) when i was still more relatively ignorant (10 yrs old - still much to learn ar!!)

Maybe even like ZJH picking up badminton at 13, and then blooming to be one of the heavenly kings :D - You never know what you can find by luck, then destiny will dictate what follows, life to prosperity or not.., HAHAHA (hmmm.. altho i dun rly believe in destiny 2 much lah:cool:, it's the hard work and discipline mainly which counts, beyond pure god-given talent, and a bit of luck here n there..;):rolleyes: )

..An moreover, I am very thankful that, as Thombad said, the uncles have already met and know me as a keen user on the forum :D

#12 stanster213, May 1, 2010
  13. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Okay..! You seem to enjoy entirely your life :) so young you discovered BC that's crazy...! When I was 10yo my parents didn't even have a computer I believe (I'm 17 now) O_O

So once more enjoy your time there !

[Hey if you're fond of rap/rnb/hiphop music I created a thread about it, check the chit-chat sub forum..]

14. stanster213

Life...

Haha yes, I treasure life :cool::p Very busy but lots of joys, ya.

Will check out ur thread soon, when I have time :p

Wow.. u r only 17?? hahahahaa :cool:

15. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    then are you intersted in NHL ?
    I used to be fan of the New Jersey Devils :D
    are you fan of the Ottawa Senators ? Or Montreal Canadiens ?

Did I say something funny ? :D

16. stanster213

Reply to Thombad

Haha,

No, I am not that much into Ice Hockey.. but people in Ottawa are crazy about the Senators, who just lost in the playoffs. :D But some ppl in Malaysia somewhat crazy about the hockey played on grass..

Haha no lah, u din say anything funny lah :p jus I am a bit surprise to see that there are a lot of "young ppl" on BC, more than I expected :D

17. stanster213

Back in KL every summer

Hello Everyone,

Just to add, I am ALWAYS back in KL, Malaysia every summer to visit grandparents and train.. if I have not said before.

Thanks. :D

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u are the senior
    by the 5 years old in bc:p
    me only 2

19. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Lol uncles and grandpas here and there...

20. stanster213

Hmm....

limsy,

if looking another way..

stanster213

Join in 2004-05... ;)
    28 posts :eek::p

limsy
    Join in 2008 .:cool:
    13409 posts :eek::D

Wakaka.. I guess by this statistics above,
    We both have valid reason to call each other senior lah :D.
    So, hope you are enjoying ur trip with u fren in Malaysia lah, my senior :p
    I'm sure we're all very excited for Thomas Uber Cup... maybe this time u make the BC presence so strong by showing up in the big group of BC'ers to the stadium, John Burgess AND Gil Clark will mention BC again (how about Mr. Hasbullah Awang as well... HAHAH)... giving sifu Kwun even more glory :D

Thombad, hahaha...:D But in real life, at least 70 years 'till I am a REAL grandpa, HAHAHAHA :D:cool::D Cannot believe lah, so long time away...